Author Topic: Plastics  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Plastics
« on: Jan 15, 2009, 01:22 PM »
Just wondering how many jig plastics without tipping them. Yesterday when the fish started getting choosy, I threw a Shrimpo at them, and got some surprisigly strong hits. I've caught some fish before with no bait, but these fish (perch and gill) took some good shots, considering they had sniffed a couple other lures and baits. Luckily, I've got plenty of Ratsos and Shrimpos to experiment with.

Offline tcool

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Plastics
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2009, 02:24 PM »
one of the most popular plastics for perch ive herb is charlie brewers "sliders"...ive vertical jigged them from a boat with good success. theres 2 and 3 inch models my favorites are watermelon, pumpkinseed and advocado glitter.
Paisley go put this jack in my creel and grab me another fat head. wait heres another !

Offline stumplotmike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2009, 04:25 PM »
I very rarely if ever use any bait with my plastics......I have had to work at using the plastic but once you get it , it's a lot of fun.  I use maki plastics......has alot of great stuff......most of his stuff is micro plastics for panfish.. :)
In order to be the fish you've got to beat the fish

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2009, 07:00 PM »
When the going gets tough,I fish a clean ratso's,glow brite,and chartreuse are my favorites,crappie love the chase them,and gills lose it to the quiver,I love ratso's.

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2009, 07:23 PM »
Been a plastics fan for years and no longer even carry live. Been doing very well this year on www.icefishingtime.com plastics but also like Little-Atom and Northland, their Scud Bug is evil on 'gills in and around weeds

Offline RedWolfUSAF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2009, 09:17 PM »
No tipping required..... http://www.makiplastic.com/    ;)
Don't Stand Outside too long......

Offline snowman3406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2009, 09:37 AM »
I agree, I have done much better with plastics than I have tipping a jig with meat.

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2009, 10:28 AM »
My go to setup used to be a Lindy FatBoy tipped with a tiny double tailed plastic and a waxie.  Only baits that I will fish plastic only is the shrimpo, and ratso, Those are killer baits

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.