Author Topic: The Marmish Verticle Fishing System is A JOKE.  (Read 19977 times)

Offline ArcticWilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: The Marmish Verticle Fishing System
« Reply #60 on: Jan 14, 2009, 12:21 AM »
well just an update .....

decided to buy one of these things cause of all the chatter, and figured the only way to really know if its for me is to try one... all the local places were sold out so i ordered one on line, and payed 12 dollars for shipping only to later find out their in the same city as i am, Edmonton. The website says 4 to 8 days shipping in Canada, well its been 7 days and still no Marmish in my mailbox. So far way overpaid for shipping and if it does not show up tomorrow, than they really wont be on my plus side.  So far not too impressed and i haven't even tried it yet! lol 

Offline beergut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 14, 2009, 03:16 PM »
feel free to give me the rod you dont like. i'll pick it up or pay for shipping.

Offline beamer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Jan 15, 2009, 02:43 PM »
I picked mine up a week ago at wss,

I like it so far - pretty good little system -

probally going to go pick up a few more,

do you guys fish with different hooks than the marmish hooks?

Offline Marlin07

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • They were here yesterday...
« Reply #63 on: Jan 15, 2009, 02:59 PM »
I use wire worms all the time with mine, as well as tiny ratso jigs for perch

Offline ArcticWilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Jan 15, 2009, 04:26 PM »
well my marmish rod and lures showed up right on ten days, but cant be too hard on them , i guess they were having problems with paypal and the computer. Got a call from the owner saying he was sorry, so cant be to hard on the guy... now all that's left is to take it out for a test drive.

Offline ChillerThriller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Jan 15, 2009, 06:28 PM »
i use alot of different hooks on them, from size 7 len thompsons to little jigs. Its all good, you just have to adjust the spring bobber.

Offline wood4outdoor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Jan 16, 2009, 12:34 PM »
bought 1 this morning , give it a try this weekend .  let you know

Offline walleyewhisperer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • hastings hero
« Reply #67 on: Jan 16, 2009, 10:32 PM »
marmish is making a fair bit on this thread alone...
i seen one at the fishin hole today but it seemed like a bit too much money.

i would rather hand bomb em with a spool...way more sensitive and cheaper
hastings hero

Offline big Monkey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Jan 18, 2009, 08:46 PM »
Yes a Spool would be a lot better choice than paying $25 for cheap plastic rod.

Offline icemania

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • im gonna miss her!
Re: The Marmish Verticle Fishing System is A JOKE.
« Reply #69 on: Jan 18, 2009, 10:21 PM »
I bet monkey drives a dodge!!!

Offline #1fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Jan 20, 2009, 08:55 AM »
This is the sad part of todays society people ask advice here and no one responds or they leave a friendly greeting and want to reach out and no one replies, but some guy who has a negative opinion on a product gets weeks of replies. People focus more on fishing and on the social aspect of fishing than on this weak thread debating black vs,white you say it's black I say it's white nothing will change that opinion so why try.
Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing.
Clark Gable

Offline beamer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Jan 20, 2009, 10:40 AM »
marmish is making a fair bit on this thread alone...
i seen one at the fishin hole today but it seemed like a bit too much money.

i would rather hand bomb em with a spool...way more sensitive and cheaper

that is exactly what I thought, until I tired one...

I dont mind hand bombin with the spool - but when you do rig up a marmish - things tend to go a little smoother, alot less messing around.

price is steep, but the unit works good, keeps things simple and clean and if you do rig up a few you do really have no down time.

I dont know havent caught many fish with this thing yet but so far it is worth the money to me...

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Jan 21, 2009, 01:37 PM »
This is the sad part of todays society people ask advice here and no one responds or they leave a friendly greeting and want to reach out and no one replies, but some guy who has a negative opinion on a product gets weeks of replies. People focus more on fishing and on the social aspect of fishing than on this weak thread debating black vs,white you say it's black I say it's white nothing will change that opinion so why try.

Well said.

Actually I find the Alberta Forum here on Ice Shanty pretty decent.  You should visit the Alberta Outdoorsman board if you want to see nothing but debating black vs white.  I wish it wasn't so but it seems to be human nature.

Offline Calgary Jazz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Jan 22, 2009, 09:11 PM »
   You can complain about whatever Marmish is selling, but you can deny that for small fish like perch russian mormish and  small, sport type fishing rods are unbeatable. I can bet I would outfish any other system at least 5:1 in good perch lake. Especially marmish advantage is obvious when fish is not active and you need to provoke them to bite. Here is little example what marmish system can do in couple hours in Midnapore lake where there is no limit for perch;)... good luck beating it with anything else.

Offline frozengator

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #74 on: Jan 22, 2009, 11:48 PM »
nice mess of perch
Gator Nation

Offline ryanlookingforperch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Jan 23, 2009, 08:53 AM »
A private lake.....ha ha ha. 

I'd put anything against the marmish....if I knew I could pull those numbers out of a private lake....regardless of how "picky" the fish might be.

At least the website made it look like you had to gain access to the "community" lake and pay access fees if you are a "resident".

nice bunch of perch though...

And I know..I know...(yeah yeah)....when they are picky ...they are picky...esp in a lake like that....(ha ha ha).

I Wonder how many go in there every year?  Must be doing quite well...for NO LIMIT?

I'd take a spool of line and a few hooks and put that up against the marmish...at a lake like that....WONDER how well I would do?

Already commented on the Marmish.  Don't love it, Don't hate it...like anything else it hap it's role...

Good luck!!
“The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope”

Offline Calgary Jazz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Jan 23, 2009, 08:41 PM »

I'd take a spool of line and a few hooks and put that up against the marmish...at a lake like that....WONDER how well I would do?

not great I will tell you... like 3 to 100;)... some guy fishing like you with bobber and big hook and probably 10lbs line had 3 perch total same day few metres away from me... he couldn't understand what the hell I am doing pulling them out like that...And please stop that crap about it being community lake -  it is same perch in the end.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Jan 23, 2009, 09:32 PM »
WHAT A POST in reply...

SOME GUY LIKE ME?  WEAK.

Well I was asking questions, and wondering what that communtiy lake might be like
...you were saying you would BET that you could outfish any other system...I replied.

Sorry if you took my post as a dig at you or your opinions....BUT COME ON!

"not great I will tell you" - you have no idea , I might do very well....other people can fish too you know!!

...(yeah the confidence of someone that shoots someone else down...when they have no clue about them.....GREAT!!)

well, I am not retarded...so NO I don't use 10lb line, fishing for perch...that WAS A DIG.

I was not making a dig at you, so RELAX!!!

I will not post about your community lake anymore...sorry to ruin your day...lol

. o 0(the same fish..yeah in species...but when you have little pressure, and no limit..and thousands and thousands in a lake...I really wonder if the habits are the same)...

I am done conversing with you.

. o 0(weak)

GO OILERS!!!

Good luck!
“The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope”

Offline ~Reaper~

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Jan 23, 2009, 09:44 PM »
Thats it, I'm buying one....,aybe they should send Monkey some commission.....actuall y maybe he's the owner....hmmmm..lol

Offline Calgary Jazz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #79 on: Jan 24, 2009, 10:49 AM »
WHAT A POST in reply...

SOME GUY LIKE ME?  WEAK.

Well I was asking questions, and wondering what that communtiy lake might be like
...you were saying you would BET that you could outfish any other system...I replied.

Sorry if you took my post as a dig at you or your opinions....BUT COME ON!

"not great I will tell you" - you have no idea , I might do very well....other people can fish too you know!!

...(yeah the confidence of someone that shoots someone else down...when they have no clue about them.....GREAT!!)

well, I am not retarded...so NO I don't use 10lb line, fishing for perch...that WAS A DIG.

I was not making a dig at you, so RELAX!!!

I will not post about your community lake anymore...sorry to ruin your day...lol

. o 0(the same fish..yeah in species...but when you have little pressure, and no limit..and thousands and thousands in a lake...I really wonder if the habits are the same)...

I am done conversing with you.

. o 0(weak)

GO OILERS!!!

Good luck!

well, you made it sound like it is so easy to catch perch in comminuty lake that anybody can do same like I showed in my picture. When truth is nobody does that, well unless they using marmish!!! You think there are thousands of them and they are hungry and will bite on anything? LOL. Come and try, lets make a little derby and we will see. Or even better lets go to any natural good perch lake ok?

Offline Calgary Jazz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Jan 24, 2009, 01:43 PM »

well, you said I would put a "spool of line with couple hooks vs marmish"  so simple logic - if you fish LIKE THAT you will not do very well;). Good luck proving me wrong!
   I wonder how many ice fishing derbies you won fishing that way? For example I won quite a few and placed in top 3 many times when back in Europe  in perch fishing derbies, so I know what it takes to catch large amounts of perch in short time and I know that nobody fishing with "spool  of line and hooks" can come even close to amounts you can get using proper marmish system.

Offline big Monkey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #81 on: Jan 25, 2009, 09:55 PM »
Yeah so Marmish is still a joke good to know.
 :tipup:

Offline walleyewhisperer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • hastings hero
« Reply #82 on: Jan 25, 2009, 11:02 PM »

GO OILERS!!!

Good luck!

****censored word****in eh ryan
hastings hero

Offline gonefishn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #83 on: Jan 25, 2009, 11:18 PM »
You know all these rods and different lines and lures are all a joke!! All you need is the basics and you will catch fish if you know what your doing!! I find the best thing is a paint stick with a notch in each end works better then any of that other crap! Stick with the simple stuff.

Offline northernwillow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Jan 25, 2009, 11:28 PM »
I find the best thing is a paint stick with a notch in each end works better then any of that other crap! Stick with the simple stuff.

Spoken like a true Canadian  ;D     STUCK IN THE STONE AGE.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Jan 26, 2009, 03:39 PM »
LOL,

just had to end it off right walleyewhisperer!!

good luck guys!!

Hope the weather picks up.

Offline beergut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Jan 29, 2009, 01:51 AM »
so i wanted to check out this thing, bought one and broke it within 15 minutes. its a good......acually great idea, but it has major design flaws and i dont think it is worth the money untill its improved.

Offline walleyewhisperer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • hastings hero
« Reply #87 on: Jan 29, 2009, 02:19 AM »
ahahaha take that marmish...,how did it break   not one of them tent/tip-up down the hole pike!!!!!!lol
hastings hero

Offline beergut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Jan 29, 2009, 03:42 AM »
went to put line on it and the hinge is made of thin plastic. then there is the tip eyelet, since its busted i might as well see what else needs improvment and u know i easly pulled the line thru the tips eyelet. it needs a hardplastic grommet in there. i taped it up and put a piece of a wire insulator in the tip and taped that, and im gonna try it fishing now lol.

Offline big Monkey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Jan 29, 2009, 09:28 PM »
So its good to hear that The Marmish Verticle Fishing System Is Still A JOKE.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.