The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Sulphur Creek Reservoir  (Read 13491 times)

Offline bacoj1

• IceShanty Rookie
Sulphur Creek Reservoir
« on: Jan 12, 2008, 12:30 AM »
Caught 3 bows and 1 walleye tonight.  That makes 11 bows and 1 wallnut for my last 3 trips.  Combined total of about 8 hours on the ice.  I'm starting to locate some walleye and the trout are as good as guaranteed.  Anyone wanna meet up at Sulphur let me know. 

Offline WYOICER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Wanna Ice Fish Baby
Re: Sulphur Creek Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2008, 10:30 AM »
How big are the fish you catching???

Offline Gusman14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2008, 02:16 PM »
Caught 3 bows and 1 walleye tonight.  That makes 11 bows and 1 wallnut for my last 3 trips.  Combined total of about 8 hours on the ice.  I'm starting to locate some walleye and the trout are as good as guaranteed.  Anyone wanna meet up at Sulphur let me know. 

Would like to meet up one day before the derby.  I have not fished the lake before and would like to get the lay of the land before I head up there and fish blind.  Don't want to know about your honeyholes, just want to get a better feel of the lake.  I want to try the weekend of the 26th/27th to get up there.  Let me know if that works for you.

Gusman

Offline bacoj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2008, 08:14 PM »
How big are the fish you catching???

Rainbows = 14" to 17" (nothing huge yet)

Walleye = 11" (tiny but I'm starting to locate them)

Would like to meet up one day before the derby.  I have not fished the lake before and would like to get the lay of the land before I head up there and fish blind.  Don't want to know about your honeyholes, just want to get a better feel of the lake.  I want to try the weekend of the 26th/27th to get up there.  Let me know if that works for you.

Gusman

Let me check out my work schedule and I'll get back with you.

Offline schondar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2008, 03:46 PM »
Where are you fishing ? I'm going wed the 16th. How thick is the ice ? I might try over by the dam across from the boat ramp.

Offline bacoj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2008, 07:16 PM »
I've been fishing near the two permanent shanties in about 10-18 feet of water.  I've also fished the small bay near the boat ramp and near the island.  I've heard that some fish have been caught near the dam as well about 10 ft down over deep water.  I have to work Wed. otherwise I'd join you.  There's about 16" of ice and a little slush near shore in spots.  Good luck and let us know how you do. 

Offline schondar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2008, 05:55 PM »
I caught 7 Bows, 14 to 16 long. I was fishing by the Island just by the one permanant shantie, In about 16 feet. It was cold -8 when I left at 430 pm.

Offline bacoj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2008, 11:23 AM »
Nice job!  Seems like most of the fish I've caught have been in that range as well.  Do you live in Evanston? 

Offline schondar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2008, 09:19 PM »
Yes I live in Evanston. What are you using to catch the Walleyes ?

Offline bacoj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:04 PM »
I'm giving an ice fishing seminar at Uinta Sporting Goods and Pawn in Evanston this Saturday at 9:30 am.  I'll be covering Walleye techniques, lure selection, jigging techniques, tip up fishing and more.  You can pick my brain then if you like.  Or....quick answer = minnow on the bottom. 

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2008, 09:39 AM »

Hey, you gotta start posting pics, I need to see some size brotha.   :laugh:
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline bacoj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2008, 01:38 PM »
here's a few random pics...(8" hole in trout pics, 10" in walleye pic)

Offline bacoj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2008, 01:41 PM »
here's my biggest bow out there so far...

Offline bacoj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 28, 2008, 09:45 PM »
Sunday:  Caught 4 bows 15"-17", lost one at the hole that was bigger, and missed a few others before getting blown off the lake.  Might be the last time I get out before the derby.  Here's a couple of pics. 

Offline bacoj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 29, 2008, 06:34 PM »
Who all is fishing the Derby?  Maybe we can all meet up?  Ever fished it before?  If so, how'd you do?

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #15 on: Jan 30, 2008, 11:06 AM »
    I have just been informed the info you seek may be found at www.evanstonlions.com. Good luck,
                                                                  LTeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee

Offline schondar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 01, 2008, 11:28 PM »
I will probably fish in the derby. The 2 times I have went I only caught 3 fish total.  It get very slow out there. I believe this year I am going to fish away from the crowds......

Laters
Scott

Offline bacoj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 02, 2008, 11:45 AM »
Scott, any chance you get out either tonight for walleye or SUN morning early for trout? 

Offline schondar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 02, 2008, 09:07 PM »
If I wasnt working I would love to...  I am on my 7 night shifts. My last night is wednesday. Otherwise I would haved loved to try and catch some walleyes..

Offline WYOICER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Wanna Ice Fish Baby
« Reply #19 on: Feb 04, 2008, 11:05 AM »
I am going to give it a shot, what can you expect for a large trout out of that lake?

Offline schondar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 07, 2008, 01:15 AM »
Has anyone been out to Sulfer lately ?   The biggest I have seen and caught is just over 21 inches for Trout. I have heard that in the summer there where some pretty big ones gill netted. I will be at the derby..... see you there... Where are you going to fish Brooks ?

Offline WYOICER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Wanna Ice Fish Baby
« Reply #21 on: Feb 07, 2008, 09:15 AM »
I can only imagine how much snow will be on that puppy

Offline schondar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 07, 2008, 11:41 AM »
 The snow Usually blows off the ice. It can get pretty windy out there......

Offline WYOICER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Wanna Ice Fish Baby
« Reply #23 on: Feb 07, 2008, 02:08 PM »
Good ole windy Wyoming!!! (it usually blows off the Gorge too!!!)

Offline WYOICER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Wanna Ice Fish Baby
« Reply #24 on: Feb 07, 2008, 02:30 PM »
schondar, are these derbies a cluster in the mornings? and have you done any good in them?

Offline bacoj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Feb 07, 2008, 03:36 PM »
Haven't fished in a while as I've been out of town since monday for work.  I was going to try and pre-fish tonight but the weather has other ideas.  Scott...I'll be near the island somewhere as long as it's not too crazy there.  Otherwise, I'll be to the south of the island closer to shore.  PM me if you want to try to meet up at some point.  Good luck to all that are fishing!

Offline WYOICER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Wanna Ice Fish Baby
« Reply #26 on: Feb 07, 2008, 05:21 PM »
Good luck to everyone!! wish the IS had a sercret signal out on the ice ;D ;D ;D

Offline schondar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Feb 07, 2008, 06:26 PM »
 The derby does get crazy in the mornings.....I havnt had any really good luck, I have only caught a few. One of my friends that I have fished with got in some money last year. My advice is to fish with some of the groups in the morning, then move away from the crowds and go find fish on the flasher or other unit.....

Offline WYOICER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Wanna Ice Fish Baby
« Reply #28 on: Feb 08, 2008, 09:48 AM »
How thick is the ice on the lake? I would like to travel light with a hand auger if possible.

Offline bacoj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Feb 08, 2008, 05:12 PM »
How thick is the ice on the lake? I would like to travel light with a hand auger if possible.

Right around 20 inches of ice.  Hope you eat your Wheaties.  On another note....I read in the "Fisherman's Bible" that they give you that you can only have one hole and 2 lines in that hole.  If so that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of!  Anyone know if that is the case?  Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.