Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Silver Lake Worth County  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Bullhead King

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Diehard Chicago Bears Fan!
Silver Lake Worth County
« on: Jan 06, 2006, 09:20 PM »
Went out tonight after work with my nephew to Silver Lake.  We fished the north side just SE of the picnic shelter, 60 fet from shore, and caught about 30 -40 perch.  But only 4 were keepers, tons of dinks.  I caught one so small it was the size if not smaller than a Walleydiver.  Fished from 4-5:30 whe it got dark and dang was that wind cold as I didn't bring the tent along for the little time we was there.  We caught them on a small minnow and a yellow and green Demon.  About 7 inches of ice in about 4 feet of water.

Don't know if anything is going on the south side but the aerator is on and the hole has changed shape so be extra carefull if you try that side.

Offline toothfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Silver Lake Worth County
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2006, 11:18 AM »
Never been to the worth county Silver Lake but sounds just like the Silver Lake in Palo Alto county!!

"Central Iowa Anglers"

Offline crappie98

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2006, 08:44 AM »
I have fished this lake 6 or 7 times with alot of success but always for the most part all small perch.  Seems like one in every 20 or 30 are keepers.  My best luck to catch the big ones was to just a jig n rap.

Offline Bullhead King

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2006, 08:31 PM »
I am going back out Saturday the 21st around 2:30 til sunset.  Look for a green Bravada in the north parking lot.  I will be in a SnoBoat ice tent.  Will post on how I do.

Offline Bullhead King

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2006, 03:11 PM »
Fishing was real slow!!!!!  Stayed out till dark and only caught 10 dinks and no kepers.  Only seen a handful of fish on the Aqua View, bu tcouldn't see much on there anyway as the water is quite dirty and had stuff float up the hole.  Only 3 other tents out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.