Author Topic: lx7  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Welch251

• IceShanty Rookie
lx7
« on: Dec 29, 2016, 06:51 PM »
I have a lx7 not even a year old .  I did do the update I turned it on for the first time this year and had nothing on the screen.. I messed with it a little and got it to work not sure what I did.  But now I can run on 8 degree and When I switch to 20 degree I have nothing settings?? I'm not sure if gain 1 or gain 2 is ice fishing mode??

Thanks
Red screens and tight lines!!😀😀

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: lx7
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2016, 10:12 PM »
Suggest you post this in the Ice Shanty Electronics area.  I am following it, I bought one last week.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2016, 10:32 AM »
can you elaborate more on switching to 20 degree you have nothing settings? i am not sure what your saying.

mode 1 (was ice fishing mode) means normal ping return gain. this is for deeper water of 11 feet or based on the size of your bait when you care to switch it back and forth.

mode 2 (was open water mode) is a lowered ping return gain and is for shallow water fishing of around 10-12 feet of water.
remember to use the mode 1 when going deeper that 11 feet.

switching between cone angles uses different power/sensitivity/gain settings also.

you can see the color changes when you switch between modes. more reds on ice mode 1 and more blues and greens and yellows in open water mode 2. nothing is set in stone here. experiment to make it how you like it to be.

remember to keep the transducer center of the ice hole and keep it high so just the bottom of the transducer is in the water. wrap the cable around the arm to help keep it from slipping on the stopper. if it's not center it starts to block the return ping signal on the side of the ice hole.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=338752.msg3592846#msg3592846
as mentioned, marcum isn't explaining this mode change other than being renamed and last i knew they didn't update the user manual. you can always call them with questions or comments or ideas. don't be afraid to do that. i call them at times.

Offline Welch251

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2016, 10:09 PM »
Well I took it out today and I must have not had my sensitivity up high enough on 20 degree I turned it up to about 4 and it worked . So y do I need to turn it higher on 20 than 8? Had to turn it up that high just to see my jig I preferred one setting less cause I had structure but then couldn't see my jig .  So I should switch from gain 1 to gain 2 depending on depth? What range is the best for just normal fishing? I did also notice that a few times the flasher dial would switch sides and then back again like glitchy this normal ?

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2016, 10:21 PM »
the glitchy movement is from using auto depth. you want to use dynamic manual.
you should try the vertical charts instead of the wheel chart and use the graph on the left half of the screen.

mode 1 is for over 11 feet of water and deeper. you can leave it on either mode, but you have to crank up the gain on mode 2 for water deeper than 11 feet.
the reason you have to crank up the gain between cone angles is you are spreading that ping out further. think of a flashlight going from spot light to flood light. flood light can't be as bright because you spread that light further out to cover more distance. same goes for sonar pings.

the mode 2 is to help see your bait in shallow water is all. if you fish 20 feet of water all of the time like you are saying you do, then leave it on mode 1 and narrow band. narrow band keeps out data that may just be cluttering the screen that is useless likes weeds that might not show in the narrow beam.
i use narrow beam most of the time. the beam/cone angle uses different power levels simply by changing them.

like i already said, set it up how you like it, it's not set in stone on tuning it for your needs.

here is a write up of how to set it up and then tune it to your needs.
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=319913.0

Offline Welch251

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2016, 10:31 PM »
Wow! Thanks for all this it's very helpful and I'm making notes I was starting to wonder if I made a mistake buying it.  One last ? Do you ever mess with the ping rate? Does it make a difference one way or another ?

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2016, 10:49 PM »
ping rate for ice fishing is kept to the lowest setting/speed. your not moving like you would be if you had it in your boat. and it is designed to be used in a boat too. that's why it has so many adjustments.

just relax and take your time to learn it. you can't hurt it adjusting it.if you get it out of whack too much, you can reset it. you can also save your settings as a profile.

don't forget you can just print this page. look for print on the lower right of this page.

Offline Welch251

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2016, 07:54 PM »
ping rate for ice fishing is kept to the lowest setting/speed. your not moving like you would be if you had it in your boat. and it is designed to be used in a boat too. that's why it has so many adjustments.

just relax and take your time to learn it. you can't hurt it adjusting it.if you get it out of whack too much, you can reset it. you can also save your settings as a profile.

don't forget you can just print this page. look for print on the lower right of this page.

Are you Positive about the ping rate being on the lowest setting for ice? Don't get me wrong it sounds like you know your stuff but iv always heard to run on the highest cause the signal comes back faster .  Will running on the lowest make in difference in performance ? Clarity on screen? Or anything like that?

Thanks

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic

Offline Welch251

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2016, 11:17 PM »
So only in shallow water? I rarely fish 10 fow or less usually 13-25 fow range will it still help in deeper water ?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.