Author Topic: fiskas palm rods?  (Read 1501 times)

Offline perch md

• Team IceShanty Regular
fiskas palm rods?
« on: Jan 15, 2012, 01:44 PM »
Anyone use these rods? Looking to order them but dont know much about them I generally fish with small tungsten jigs and plastics just curious if anyone has had much experience i like the fact that they are compact and the spring bobbers look pretty sensitive and adjustable Any imput good or bad would be appriciated

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: fiskas palm rods?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2012, 02:35 PM »
If you are referring to the Jonntu Sport Palm Rod your bobbers down sells I have one. It works extremely well for small jigs and light line. I even prefer it over my Marmish rods do to the feel and the fact that I can get a better hookset with it. I've caught quite a few fish on with it.

Offline sr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2012, 10:10 AM »
I use palm rods all the time and I really like use it with tiny tangsteen mormooshka jigs. Very sensitive strike indicator its a key to success.  I preffer to make the indicators by myself from a plastic botle or similar material. It help me indicate a strike, and  keep jigging frequecy on very high and constant level us well.
SR

Offline TA

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2012, 12:00 PM »
SR,

How about schooling us on how you make your strike indicators from plastic bottles?

Thanks, TA
Just like it, only diffrent.

T/Ake cAARe, doug

Offline jepik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2012, 02:53 PM »
x2 :tipup:

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2012, 07:01 PM »
I've found that discarded Aluminun arrows using the noc for your tip put a couple of cross sticks 12" apart and easy to tell your depth.  Electricans tape for a handle and solid stops for your cross sticks. The jig makes a sound when its laying while you tend your next jig. When getting a hit.  Nothing to jig up lake trout, or lots of white perch.

Offline gillyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2012, 08:41 PM »
Used palm rods with yellow handles today for the first time. Had blast.  Picky perch were the target.  Thin metal "tape" strike indicator.   Wyoming wind and rough ice made the line management a little tough, but not bad in 17 fow.   12 foot was a cake walk.
Little diamond jigs were what I used.  I tried a tungstun jig but it was too heavy for the indicator I had on.  It did plummet to the bottom however.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.