New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Is anyone up for a gathering on Lake George?  (Read 18013 times)

Offline FishinJenn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ME! :)
Re: Is anyone up for a gathering on Lake George?
« Reply #150 on: Feb 21, 2010, 10:57 AM »
Count me in...providing I'm not too beat up from the Schroon Lake Derby...
Do you think the ice/shoreline will hold up with the bout of weather coming our way?
We don't really do the Schroon derby anymore, last year was a serious disappointment, hardly any fish hanging at the club house.
Kids who hunt, fish and trap...dont mug little old ladies.

<span style='display:block !important; width: 170px; text-align: center; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12px;'><a

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #151 on: Feb 21, 2010, 11:06 AM »
I think we'll be fine but I and others will keep an eye on it for sure.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline DShooo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #152 on: Feb 21, 2010, 01:09 PM »
I think we'll be fine but I and others will keep an eye on it for sure.

Greatly appreciated prchslyr from the people who have to travel.  I'm taking a very rare day off on Wednesday to fish Vets because I'm kinda leery with how the shoreline was when I left yesterday...all the machines were tearing it up during the contest.  Looks like access will be very limited very soon.
I'd rather be fishing...

Offline DShooo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #153 on: Feb 21, 2010, 01:13 PM »
We don't really do the Schroon derby anymore, last year was a serious disappointment, hardly any fish hanging at the club house.

I myself haven't the past 3 years.  My fishing buddy got paralyzed 10 years ago and he has finally expressed desire to get out there again....SLD was something we had done in the past, so we figured why not.  SL is very hit and miss.
I'd rather be fishing...

Offline fishlakegeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #154 on: Feb 21, 2010, 07:17 PM »
So when is the date? has it changed?

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #155 on: Feb 21, 2010, 07:49 PM »
So when is the date? has it changed?
It hasn't changed from 3/7.
I know at least one person that had planned to attend, will not due to the recent "accidents". I can't knock a guy for being overly safe. The Million Dollar beach area holds a lot longer than most areas of the lake.

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #156 on: Feb 21, 2010, 08:45 PM »
prchslyr, i will not be able to make it to the get together on the 7th but dan & i will be up there the following weekend. i;m looking to go out somewhere friday afternoon with my nephew & then fish with dan sat & sunday somewhere where ever it is still safe. maybe we can get togther that weekend. best of luck with the get together sunday i know it will be a good time. walt

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #157 on: Feb 21, 2010, 08:50 PM »
prchslyr, i will not be able to make it to the get together on the 7th but dan & i will be up there the following weekend. i;m looking to go out somewhere friday afternoon with my nephew & then fish with dan sat & sunday somewhere where ever it is still safe. maybe we can get togther that weekend. best of luck with the get together sunday i know it will be a good time. walt
I've got the next weekend off too. The kids will be out with me both days. We could end up with a decent handful of guys the weekend of the 13th.

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #158 on: Feb 21, 2010, 09:16 PM »
do you think there will still be safe ice at vets park that weekend. i;m really looking to get into the lakers again. hopefully we can all fish together. walt

Offline andycapp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #159 on: Feb 22, 2010, 07:04 AM »
IF I end up fishing the Derby this weekend, I will be at Boulton Bay. We are looking for Atlantics. I here twll that a few are being caught in and around Boulton Bay.

Offline andycapp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #160 on: Feb 24, 2010, 09:58 AM »
With the weather looking as sketchy as ever this weekend. We are going to stay home. The NWS is predicting high winds and heavy snow. I hate Blizzard Fishing. It's not that I don't like the cold and snow, I just hate the wind screaming down the Lake. We will get up there this season, just not this weekend. I do have a nice collection of Frabill stuff to share.

Offline troutaddict33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #161 on: Feb 24, 2010, 12:59 PM »
you know this isn't the weekend right?

Offline andycapp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #162 on: Feb 24, 2010, 01:01 PM »
you know this isn't the weekend right?
I thought the Derby was this weekend am I misstaken.
As he jumps up and don't all excited

Offline troutaddict33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #163 on: Feb 24, 2010, 01:03 PM »
lol. Tourney in Bolton was last weekend, snow out the @ss is this weekend, get together that i won't be able to attend is next weekend.  :'(

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #164 on: Feb 24, 2010, 01:16 PM »
Troutaddict33 is correct. This snow wasn't to good for us that's for sure. The ice in that area will be fine but other areas won't hold up as well. I'm definitely glad we settled on the beach. I would be tempted to cancel had we picked vets or one of the other spots. Will you be able to make it next weekend andycapp?

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #165 on: Feb 24, 2010, 05:08 PM »
do you think there will still be safe ice at vets park that weekend. i;m really looking to get into the lakers again. hopefully we can all fish together. walt

If Vets. park or another good access point on LG no longer have safe ice conditions the weekend of 3/13-14, then Walt can pick a lake and I will follow him around, whether it's Schroon, Champlain or something else within 1 hour drive from Diamond Point.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline andycapp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #166 on: Feb 24, 2010, 05:58 PM »
lol. Tourney in Bolton was last weekend, snow out the @ss is this weekend, get together that i won't be able to attend is next weekend.  :'(
Yes you are correct.
We had it marked wrong on the calendar

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #167 on: Feb 27, 2010, 07:44 AM »
BUMP!
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #168 on: Feb 27, 2010, 09:50 AM »
I'm posting to see how many diehards we have for the 7th. MDB should still be plenty safe but bring extra boots and socks for the kids. Combsey and I will definitely be there by 530am that day. I will be taking a walk out there Thursday and I will report the conditions here for everyone. Let's hope some of the slop gets knocked down a bit. Who's still in?

JJ

« Reply #169 on: Feb 27, 2010, 10:25 AM »
I'm still planning on showing up. Wish RG and oletimer could make it, don't want to be the old man out there. ;D

Has anyone thought about food? Maybe everyone could bring something from a list? I can run the grill if somebody brings one.

Offline FishinJenn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ME! :)
« Reply #170 on: Feb 27, 2010, 10:31 AM »
As far as I know my SO and I should be coming, possibly one more w/ us. We'll have the grill, stove etc..gotta have my coffee first thing in the a.m.! ;) Hoping for good weather!! :)
Kids who hunt, fish and trap...dont mug little old ladies.

<span style='display:block !important; width: 170px; text-align: center; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12px;'><a

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #171 on: Feb 27, 2010, 11:11 AM »
I have a lil coleman suitcase grill that I always have with me. I have a small weber that I can bring out if the shoreline will hold up with a quad. I plan on bringing some hot sausage and dogs of course. it does seem like a young crowd which is fine by me at 32.
Oletimer- If you're still watching this thread at all. I know the conditions haven't been the greatest on the king this year.  That is the reason we picked the beach area. It normally freezes up first and is the last to thaw. Aside from maybe Harris, it will be the safest ice on the lake. We hope you can join. Otherwise jj may be coined "The old dude" for the day. Don't do that to him man. Kidding. We'll have some fun either way! Let's hope some of those fatty female perch are ready to hit.

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #172 on: Feb 27, 2010, 11:36 AM »
Im still in !! Bringing a couple of friends also..should be a great time...Depends on the slush level weather or not  I bring the kids though! Also Im willing to bring a little something for everyone to munch on...Gonna be  good!!
*REMOVED*

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #173 on: Feb 27, 2010, 01:10 PM »
im still in

Offline troutaddict33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #174 on: Feb 27, 2010, 06:35 PM »
bring about 3 pairs of boots and socks, and some extra pants as well. it's nasty out there. some spots have been weird around the shore and its gonna stay warm so just watch those first few steps

Offline zdake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Greenfield!!
« Reply #175 on: Mar 01, 2010, 05:54 PM »
45 today!! YUCK! I'm gonna go ahead and not bring the wheeler, maybe just the rods, a folding chair and some food for us all. any ideas? boots and socks are accounted for, fishin wet is fine, fishing cold is fine, but fishing cold and wet is unnacceptable. Unless the bite is good, that trumps all. what do we want to eat?
When the waters hard, so am I.

Offline troutaddict33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #176 on: Mar 01, 2010, 07:05 PM »
came to a small crack on the ice today when i was walking out to jig in 90 fow. threw a small rock at it, and it broke through and sunk to the bottom. Be careful out there. the holes have opened up big, the shore line is loose, and pressure cracks are unsafe.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #177 on: Mar 01, 2010, 10:25 PM »
came to a small crack on the ice today when i was walking out to jig in 90 fow. threw a small rock at it, and it broke through and sunk to the bottom. Be careful out there. the holes have opened up big, the shore line is loose, and pressure cracks are unsafe.
Well. I can't speak for everyone but I'll probably just stick to the first little perch area to the right when you walk off the boat launch. No need to take any unnessecary risks. I hate to say this too. I might not bring the kids out either. That all depends on the slop and the condition of the ice.
I'll be fishing that area in the AM Tues and most likely Thursday. Just to stay up to date as much as possible and hopefully find some good fishin to set up over. I'll post here and on reports and conditions on the ice both mornings.
I plan on bringing some sausage and dogs out with me to grill up. I'll be sure to have plenty to share. If we can't get my grill out (safely) with a quad. I will have a little coleman stove that works well. A few other people have also mentioned bringing some sort of grub to share. Would it be best for us to try and coordinate in the food dept. too? I'm not saying we all NEED to bring something. But a handful of us with some decent grub might help, "Make the day" if the fishing is slow. I can also get plenty of soda at cost if you don't mind Pepsi products. ;D.
For those that don't meet up in the parking lot. We will be easy to find. Two hub portables with a small banner between the two...If it will work. I'll letter up IS on one side. Unless you guys think I should just leave the Corona side out. ;D

Offline zdake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Greenfield!!
« Reply #178 on: Mar 02, 2010, 05:41 AM »
I'm all for food. Let me know what to bring, and it shall be done!
When the waters hard, so am I.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #179 on: Mar 02, 2010, 05:58 AM »
Zdake. Do you have any secret lil recipe or fav snack? I'm going to have my girl whip us up a chicken wing dip. Really good stuff.
Does anyone else have a small grill? I'm in the lot now and there's a guy unloading a quad. But, who knows if its going to be safe for that this weekend. Who knows if THIS dude is even safe. Burgers wouldn't be a bad idea.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.