New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Is anyone up for a gathering on Lake George?  (Read 17923 times)

Offline fishlakegeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Is anyone up for a gathering on Lake George?
« Reply #180 on: Mar 02, 2010, 07:01 AM »
100 dirty johns hot dogs to go?

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #181 on: Mar 02, 2010, 07:05 AM »
Man. You sir have a great mind! If we could figure out how to keep them hot we'd be set! Should I ask the town to open up the beach house so we can use the bathrooms? Lol.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #182 on: Mar 02, 2010, 07:44 AM »
Just to forewarn everyone. As of right now. It is a sloppy mess out here. Rubber boots are a must for sunday if you want to enjoy yourselves. I speak first hand as I'm sitting here with with a skullcap and a stewarts bag inside one boot. Lol
Not much for action yet but there are quads coming on and heading out beyond my sight. At least we'll have a grill out here!

Offline Fishinkidd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #183 on: Mar 02, 2010, 08:08 AM »
I'll be out there, but I tried to cut my thumb off Sunday trying to finish up the honey-do list instead of fishing ! See what I get, 5 stitches and a bandaged up thumb, but at least it's my left hand and I jig with my right ! Knew I should of been out fishing instead...see you guys Saturday

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #184 on: Mar 02, 2010, 11:50 AM »
Fishinkidd. The gathering is on Sunday.

Offline tankdelivers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #185 on: Mar 02, 2010, 01:09 PM »
I' might show up, but only if I can get g-ma to watch emily. I'm not messin with slush around her, my luck the first change of clothes would be in the first hour.  second change minutes after

Offline zdake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Greenfield!!
« Reply #186 on: Mar 02, 2010, 04:32 PM »
a special recipe? not really. I'm a guy, hormel chili in a can, dinty moore, spam, i'm all over it. I can figure something out though I'm sure. I've got a twin burner coleman stove I can bring out if it's helpful. wheelers on the ice are a good sign too, help bring gear. what about thickness? any estimates?
When the waters hard, so am I.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #187 on: Mar 02, 2010, 06:12 PM »
The shorline is getting awful punky. We're definitely cutting it close. Once you get out there's still 12" though. It is plenty safe which was a concern of mine before I got out there. We're expecting some decent lows at night for the tail end of this week. Let's hope the slush turns to ice for us.
I joined up with mealworm out there. I don't know about him but I felt like an old man when I got off the ice today. Nice lil workout high-steppin through 6" of crap all day. Niether of us put tipups out because we didn't feel like dealing with them. Slow going with the jig sticks but we didn't work to hard with those either. Hopefully Thursday I can come up with a better report for you guys. I don't think we caught 10 perch between the 2 of us.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #188 on: Mar 02, 2010, 06:16 PM »
The shorline is getting awful punky. We're definitely cutting it close. Once you get out there's still 12" though. It is plenty safe which was a concern of mine before I got out there. We're expecting some decent lows at night for the tail end of this week. Let's hope the slush turns to ice for us.
I joined up with mealworm out there. I don't know about him but I felt like an old man when I got off the ice today. Nice lil workout high-steppin through 6" of crap all day. Niether of us put tipups out because we didn't feel like dealing with them. Slow going with the jig sticks but we didn't work to hard with those either. Hopefully Thursday I can come up with a better report for you guys. I don't think we caught 10 perch between the 2 of us.
dude that slop wore me out, i came home cleaned our amazing catch then took a napp,i hope things tighten back up for you guys on sunday

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #189 on: Mar 02, 2010, 06:18 PM »
dude that slop wore me out, i came home cleaned our amazing catch then took a napp,i hope things tighten back up for you guys on sunday
To funny man. The old lady just woke me up.

Offline zdake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Greenfield!!
« Reply #190 on: Mar 02, 2010, 09:28 PM »
sounds like loads of fun, boys! maybe chest waders are in order? ha ha. good to know the ice is still thick enough to support a bunch of morons like us all getting together in one spot on melting ice. COME ON COLD!!!

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #191 on: Mar 03, 2010, 04:38 AM »
The lows from Thursday to Sunday are forcasted as follows, 27, 24, 19, and 25. We are also expecting a high of 43 on Sunday. This may actually work out perfect.  ;D. Keep 'em crossed ladies and gents.

Offline FishinJenn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ME! :)
« Reply #192 on: Mar 03, 2010, 06:28 AM »
Man. You sir have a great mind! If we could figure out how to keep them hot we'd be set! Should I ask the town to open up the beach house so we can use the bathrooms? Lol.
My fiance laughs at me and says our shanty is $200 "out house"! Little bit tougher for us women folk out there on the ice! ; ;) Especially when the lake is busy!!  :)
Kids who hunt, fish and trap...dont mug little old ladies.

<span style='display:block !important; width: 170px; text-align: center; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12px;'><a

Offline Fishinkidd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #193 on: Mar 03, 2010, 11:29 AM »
Fishinkidd. The gathering is on Sunday.

Oh Yeah..... Sunday.  Thanks prchslyr !!   :P

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #194 on: Mar 04, 2010, 09:34 AM »
It looks like we really lucked out for this Sunday. I'm out here now breaking my neck starring at the flasher but, the conditions are perfect! All the slop has frozen up. With the nighttime temps we're expecting its going to stay nice and hard.
I'm happy to say.  Forget about the rubber boots, get the cleats back out! The bite is tough. Plenty of lookin, not much taking. I've got just enough for dinner tonight.

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #195 on: Mar 04, 2010, 03:17 PM »
Thanks for the update prchslayer about the slush freezing up.  I just got off of the local ice which was about 9" of slop. 

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #196 on: Mar 04, 2010, 03:31 PM »
At about 1 the 1" layer of crust seperated from the main ice got soft enough to break through with each step. It was about then I decided to go. By sunday it should be totally solid. 

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #197 on: Mar 04, 2010, 06:42 PM »
Im gonna stud up the little 125 cc honda for a test run sat.. We should be able to use it sunday to haul some stuff out if it goes good sat !!   Its nice and light ..
*REMOVED*

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #198 on: Mar 04, 2010, 07:20 PM »
That sounds like it will be a blast out there as long as the slush doesn't come back on us. I picked up a pile of sausage, peppers, and onions. Hope 28 is enough. If there are any burger lovers out there, bring em out. We'll have the grill.
I parked on the beach today with no issues with my 2wd. Save yourselves a little hassle and park out there. I don't think the town has an issue with it. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Offline zdake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Greenfield!!
« Reply #199 on: Mar 04, 2010, 07:45 PM »
I don't know, with the weather the way it's supposed to be, it might not be too bad a day for a lil walk! Then again I'm lazy, so beach sounds good. Anyone have any food requests? Last chance, goin shopping tomorrow.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #200 on: Mar 04, 2010, 08:28 PM »
I don't know, with the weather the way it's supposed to be, it might not be too bad a day for a lil walk! Then again I'm lazy, so beach sounds good. Anyone have any food requests? Last chance, goin shopping tomorrow.
I didn't drive out onto the actual lake. I just parked on the beach itself and walked out.
Tater or mac salad? Something that would go good with hot sausage.
 I'm going to see what kind of a deal the bosses will give me on a couple cases of soda.
What's the general opinion of soda? I can only get it by the full case. Pepsi or Dew? Any diet drinkers may want to be prepared. I'd hate to get a full case and only need 2 bottles of it. Or would it be best if everyone brought there own drinks? I know I'm pretty particular about what I drink but, I've got a hookup.
I also scored a pretty cool banner for us.
One thing we should all remember is a camera. Let's get a lot of cool pics and get another thread going plastered with our pics of the day. Hopefully most of them are fish.

Offline FishinJenn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ME! :)
« Reply #201 on: Mar 05, 2010, 05:37 AM »
We'll be bringing a box of Bubba Burgers and the grill, i'll have coffee perking in the am too. I also have will be brining my camera and tri-pod and will be trying for a group pic! I need a day out, been pretty bummed, just had to put my Ol Dog down and could use a pick me up...looking forward to meeting everyone! :)
Kids who hunt, fish and trap...dont mug little old ladies.

<span style='display:block !important; width: 170px; text-align: center; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12px;'><a

Offline zdake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Greenfield!!
« Reply #202 on: Mar 05, 2010, 05:44 AM »
I wouldn't expect you to drive out on the lake! You just got don't tellin us it was punky at the edges tuesday!

side salads work for me! I'm sure I can figure it out! Anything else? As far as drinks go, I'm not much of a soda drinker (unless there's something else mixed with it), so I'll be bringing my own drinks, thanks though! Any last minute stuff let me know!

Offline Fishinkidd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #203 on: Mar 05, 2010, 06:18 PM »
I'll be out Sunday...actually bringing my wife to fish with me, her first time in years....I gotta try out my new new 2 man Clam I just purchased on sale. What time are you guys heading out?   5:30?  My cousing and dad might head out too...see everyone Sunday !

Offline tankdelivers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #204 on: Mar 06, 2010, 10:38 AM »
It's lookin like t-shirt weather tomorrow.  Should be a pretty good day.  Hopefully this massive head cold i have will take a break for tomorrow.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #205 on: Mar 06, 2010, 11:21 AM »
T-shirt weather is great as long as it doesn't become swimming trunk worthy. Just beware that there is probably still slush on the ice. My kiddos are staying home. : (

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #206 on: Mar 06, 2010, 01:06 PM »
heyt jamey shoot me a pm   might not be making it tommorrow hopefully plus were u want to meet   patrick might show up   
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline LAKEGEORGEFISHER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #207 on: Mar 06, 2010, 01:07 PM »
everyone still a go for 5:30?
[/img][img

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #208 on: Mar 06, 2010, 01:12 PM »
Ill be there at 530. I'm pretty sure there will be a few others that early.
Combsey you little...  Tell me you're joking. 
I can't use the search feature to look up your profile via my phone browser.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #209 on: Mar 06, 2010, 02:31 PM »
ill be there at 530   the wheeler is a maybe    just going to tuff it out and hope im better in the morning     
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.