New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Big Catch Bait & Tackle  (Read 2012 times)

Offline catfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Born to fish
Big Catch Bait & Tackle
« on: Mar 12, 2018, 10:26 AM »
Big Catch Bait & Tackle, Buffalo closing in 2 weeks, owners retiring. Inventory 30% off. Rod racks and displays also for sale.  Sad to see a great bait shop closing. Not many left around here.

Offline dog4up7

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Big Catch Bait & Tackle
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2018, 12:03 PM »
If that is true, this is going to have a huge ripple effect. He supplied almost every little bait shop in WNY and farther.  >:(???

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2018, 10:11 PM »
There has to be someone out there that wants to own a bait and tackle shop.  He had to of made money.  Great location along the river and close to the lake.  If I were 30 years old again, which I ain't, and know what I know today I would throw my hat in the ring.

Offline clammule

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2018, 03:26 PM »
   Got to have the passion for it and be dedicated. Its going the way of the old family bakery. Pretty soon you'll have to go to Cabelas for bait.
   Went to Penrod in South Buffalo for 30 years.....miss that place.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2018, 04:05 PM »
   Got to have the passion for it and be dedicated. Its going the way of the old family bakery. Pretty soon you'll have to go to Cabelas for bait.
   Went to Penrod in South Buffalo for 30 years.....miss that place.
I know what your saying. Owning a bait and tackle shop, you must give up your own fishing in order to be open for the other guy.  Can't really hire someone full time if you want to make a profit.

Offline mikey ice fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2018, 06:22 PM »
Thank you Pat and Bill for all the great years!

Offline waltman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2018, 02:02 PM »
30% OFF SALE CALL FIRST TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE OPEN STOP TODAY AND THEY SAID THEY WILL BE OPEN TIL NEXT WEEK

Offline jackie bushman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • swimmin' with the fishes
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2018, 03:50 AM »
We were in there Friday AM and as sad as it is to see another independent go out, the husband and wife team were giddy about getting out and retiring. They’ve owned it for 42 yrs and Bill said he hasn’t even bought a fishing license in at least 10 years .. that’s how bad the business has monopolized their time. He had a rod rack full of rods and he literally pulled the rods off it and said to make him an offer for it. My cousin got a rotating lure holding rack. He made deals on everything except the 1 thing I wanted most which was his bait dipping nets. He’s not able to let those go yet but he said to check in with him down the road. He and his wife were smiling and had me come behind the counter to look at anything I wanted. I’ll probably go back for another run because now I regret not buying some of the things I thought I may need some day. He’s shutting the door and whatever’s on the shelf, will either be sold or collect dust. He doesn’t care ! He’s just happy to be going into retirement ..
Team Capt. Cuba Lake All-Stars .. It's like always being a man up everytime we hit the ice !
Mentor of many future Cuba Lake Legends

Offline dave_p.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2018, 09:50 PM »
Ron from A1 Bait in the Falls will be supplying some of their customers so shouldn`t be an issue getting bait.

Offline waltman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 23, 2018, 01:27 PM »
SAID THEY SHOULD BE OPEN TIL AT LEAST APRIL 1ST

Offline catfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Born to fish
« Reply #10 on: Mar 24, 2018, 08:57 AM »
See article in Buffalo News Thursday 3/22 sports section. NYS Certified minnow rules were a factor.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.