Iowa > Ice Fishing Iowa

West okoboji

<< < (3/5) > >>

Shack man Shoney:
I called sportsmans and Waubay saw snow melt but it didn't hurt the ice. It is however a little farther north than IGL... :-\

Agronomist_at_IA:
20in of ice......its going to take a bit of time to melt that

ia bhtr:
up on West today , had a great day on gills and crappies , #14 black/blue Lucky Lady and white spike  ( didnt care for my usual plastics ) 19 ft of water most fish were caught 12 to 15 ft down , constant action from 11 till 3 , very fun day for sure

hoppy63:
Just returned yesterday from my week at Okiboji. Had a great trip even though we were told the bite slowed the week or so before we arrived. No 10"ers but many over 9. Seen some HUGE pike and bass and one of our guys saw a huge musky. I watched a musky fly by my whole chasing a bluegill that I had just set the hook on. Fortunately he missed it. I got to meet a member from here (Fish Butcher) on the ice and thanks to him for giving me some gills one day when I was struggling. Already looking forward to getting back next year! Thanks again Fish Butcher for your generosity.

Fish Butcher:
Nice to meet you and glad you had a great time. Nothing like sight fishing and the knowledge it teaches one. Perhaps we will “hook up” again next year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version