Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Dressing for ice fishing

Snowmobile Gloves vs Ice Fishing Gloves

<< < (2/3) > >>

RyanW:

--- Quote from: fishermantim on Nov 27, 2019, 03:39 PM ---Doesn't matter what you wear, as you will eventually HAVE to take them off to unhook your fish.

--- End quote ---

Fingerless wool solves that problem. I never take them off to unhook a fish. That’s why I wear fingerless. Full fingered wool works great for everything else. You could even wear one of each for hole hopping. I like wool because it doesn’t freeze into a mallet after handling fish and when it does it get wet, my hands stay warm.

Iceassin:
Oversized / waterproof mittens for me. Slip off...unhook fish...slip on. And that's if I use them at all. Unless it is bitter cold, I go without. Keep a hand towel in my suit to keep hands dry. As for gloves, of any kind that are designed to keep you warm...they're going to be cumbersome..
period. They are difficult to wear while reeling...not easy to detect any bites by feel...and they can be a pain to get on and off. jmo.

Hard_H2O:
I was looking at these the other day. They have a zipper on the side to get your finger out for shooting so I am assuming that on a snowmobile that zipper would let cold air in. Probably not just wearing them on the ice.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/CABELAS-CANADIAN-STAND-HUNTER-II-GLOVE/2843473.uts?slotId=0

Gunflint:

--- Quote from: Iceassin on Nov 27, 2019, 04:56 PM ---Oversized / waterproof mittens for me. Slip off...unhook fish...slip on. And that's if I use them at all. Unless it is bitter cold, I go without. Keep a hand towel in my suit to keep hands dry. As for gloves, of any kind that are designed to keep you warm...they're going to be cumbersome..
period. They are difficult to wear while reeling...not easy to detect any bites by feel...and they can be a pain to get on and off. jmo.

--- End quote ---

Warm shanty for me...great for keeping hands warm.  ;D ;D ;D

TheCrappieFisherman:
Has anyone used a pair of gloves from FXR? Popular snowmobile clothing brand especially in Canada.  I know they started making ice fishing suits also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version