Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607584 times)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #18330 on: Jan 20, 2020, 12:46 PM »
My oldest son got talking about the blizzard of 78. He mentioned the 4 foot drift by the barn that ended up getting blown to the back door. I told him I was up ever every hour shoveling out the back door so we could get out of the house if we needed to get out the back door so  if we needed to. We were snowed in for almost two weeks.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18331 on: Jan 21, 2020, 02:50 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 7* this am, high of 24 today.

OS/OG...thanks for sharing the memories!  :thumbsup:  I can remember shoveling lots of sidewalks for neighbors and customers on my paper route...$2 or $3 bucks a pop, sure went a long ways back then, lol.
  Capt.J...glad the job went well, good luck with the other this week!  :thumbsup:
  H2...congrats to you and the team, you guys are keeping the pressure on everyone!   :clap:
  Wally...safe travels back, hope the roads are in better shape...slow and steady!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...the mailbox is still standing, lol, hope I didn’t just jinx myself....showing snow coming in again this weekend.  ;D  It’s suppose to warm up here this week as well, at least the snow covering the ice will slush up and freeze before its gets covered again. It’s been a tough go this season.
  Jeff... hope the sink went well, will be looking forward to your recon report.  :thumbsup:  Checked out the web camera up at LG yesterday. Looked like that north wind did some damage.  :%$#!:  Good luck today with the fishing!

Had to pass on getting out on the lake yesterday, we had the grandchildren over for the day which was fine....the winds never let up much.
  Figures the weather is going to be decent for the rest of the week now that it’s time to head back to work...think they call that contractors weather!   ;D
  Was following the Lake George BS thread yesterday for a little while...pretty ridiculous. Almost sounded like there might be a drone impeachment in the works...hopefully that nonsense is over. 
  Time to get ready for the day’s events....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18332 on: Jan 21, 2020, 04:33 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                         It's 5* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                         Eddie...…...I hope the winds laid down on LG last night. ??? Jon and I checked Vet's in Bolton and it is frozen out to the point but not enough
                 to get on, 2" by the shore but out about 20' it's only an inch. MDB has ice on the east side out to the 1st point. Huddle Bay is the same as Vet's. :blink:
                         Wally...…..That's a long way to go and return by today. :whistle: Have a safe trip. :thumbsup:
                         H2l...……...Good job to you and your team. :clap: :flex: I can't believe Dish and Fox can't come to an agreement. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                         Marv...…...I hope the snow removal goes well for you. :thumbsup: Be safe with the recon. :flex:
                         I didn't get the sink finished, I wasn't able to snake the water lines behind the sheetrock so I had to cut out a piece, they are in and water pressure
                 to them. Today I have to cut the 3" drain line and put in a 3' x 1-1/2" tee.
                         I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out on the ice.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18333 on: Jan 21, 2020, 05:01 AM »
Morning all,

Got to WI about 1:00 hooked up the boat and was back on the road shortly after 2:00. Made it back to OH and stopped for the night. Should be home by mid afternoon today 😁
Beginning to look like there won’t be any ice fishing this year  :(  Mother Nature sure can be a b*~#h sometimes  >:
Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18334 on: Jan 21, 2020, 05:12 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone.

-4 this morning but supposedly tomorrow a warm up moves in.

Eddie hope you are indoors for the rest of the winter :thumbsup: I will have to see if I can find the BS thread and see what I have been missing.

IW good luck working on the sink :thumbsup: Sorry to read the ice is sucking it.

WW hope by tonight you find your own bed :thumbsup:

Capt.J we only got about 7", the wind was probably the worst part.

Yesterday morning a guy stopped in and started asking about a couple of trees he had. Eventually I asked where he lived and ended up blowing the day at his house. Today I will get back to my snow work. I noticed about 12" on my garage roof and my small shed, so I am going to get those two cleaned off. I also have a couple of errands to get done.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18335 on: Jan 21, 2020, 06:20 AM »
-5 this morning and heading for mid 20's.
Didn't do much yesterday. I think the weekend did me in with bowling both days and moving snow on Sunday, I took it easy.
IW, it seems every job has a set back you don't plan on.
Eddie, with NO ice around some of the post have really gotten WILD. It is either some OLD grumpy guy that has done it all, or some young guy that knows it all. Then there are the rest of us, those that can still remember the dumb things we did but wise enough not to tell everyone...lol There is so many things I would like to say on some of those post, but I just keep my mouth shut, most of the time.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18336 on: Jan 21, 2020, 08:29 AM »
Good Morning ER's 4* and warming to above 20. H2L congrats to your bowling team. IW good luck on your plumbing work. WS it's laid out getting nervous already; hope to land 1 fish over 1.5 lbs. if not it's a long trip to pet the striped kitty. The give away stuff  might land something. WW hope you and Mr.WW will have a safe trip home with the new vessel. Have a safe day all.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18337 on: Jan 21, 2020, 10:30 AM »
WW, glad to hear you got the boat and are heading home.

-6 F with light winds today.
The rest of the week is supposed to be in the plusses with highs of 10 and 5 this weekend.
Gonna play @ the cabin. :)

Did some interweb snooping and found out what the court case is about that I have been summoned for jury duty.

The defendant has been charged with sexual interference and sexual assault.   >:(
Hopefully the crown have all their ducks in a row and put up a good case so the defendant doesn't get off if true.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18338 on: Jan 22, 2020, 02:45 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D
  13* with light wind this am, high of 35 today.

Dave...glad you’re getting somewhat of a break with the temps this week, would those temps be considered average for this time of year there? Hope the rest of the work week fly’s by for you....looking forward to the cabin reports!  :clap:  :thumbsup:
  OG...you’ll be getting a lot of support from here, best of luck Sir!!   :thumbsup: :icefish:
  H2...well said...I’ll follow your tracks!   ;D  :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope the snow removal went ok and the tree job is out of the way. Any plans on putting Shamu back on the lake?   :thumbsup:
  Wally...imagine you’re glad to be back home and off the roads.  :clap:  Hope you had a safe trip, looking forward to your reply today and maybe a few pictures?   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...thanks for the report on LG, excellent news, hopefully it will hang on and build some walkable ice soon!   :clap:

We poured another section of sidewalk yesterday, have another ready for  today, and word has it we’ll wrapping up on Friday with the outside work...seems like I’ve heard that before.   ;D 
  Had a big group of protesters at the workplace yesterday wanting to put an end to solitary confinement. Between this and the new bail reform releasing prisoners, I found it best to follow H2’s reply yesterday!  Think there’s more than some fishermen who need ice lately.... ;D.   Cawfee’s on...

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18339 on: Jan 22, 2020, 04:58 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning eveyone :bow:

It's already 27 which is 28 degrees warmer than yesterday. Heading to 35 later today, with light rain passing through.

Eddie I hope this time they mean it ??? I looked at a couple lakes yesterday and there is so much snow I'm not sure if I should put it out or start a few projects around home. I have about 30 pines that need some climbing for starters.

WW hope the ride went well :thumbsup:

IW did you wrap up the sink project ???

Not sure what's up for today, it will depend on how much drizzle we get.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18340 on: Jan 22, 2020, 07:01 AM »
Morning all,

Aaaahhhhh, home sweet home  :thumbsup: :clap: Finally reached the end of the 1700 mile journey around 5:30 last night.  Luckily the roads were pretty much dry all the way home, was worried we'd be driving thru slush and/or salt/sand covered roads. Did find a driveway full of snow when we got home :blink: snow removal and laundry will be top of the to do list today  ::) 

Kind of hoping we skip getting ice now and get right into open water fishing  :whistle:  ;)2  :woot:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18341 on: Jan 22, 2020, 07:10 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Haven’t been on for a while due to my head not doing any better. Getting a lot of pressure between my eyes now. Dr was unable to do a spinal tap to relieve the pressure. Have to go into the hospital for the tap waiting for the hospital to make a appointment. My wife is doing better. Her sugar has been very stable.

Whopper Stopper, That is a lot of pines to climb. That will keep you busy for quite a while. Hopefully you can get out on the lake despite the heavy snow.

Mason Eddie, Hopefully it warms up a little bit today for the pour. Do the protesters get in your way?

Drifter_016, You do have some chilly weather up there.

Hunts2long, Hope your feeling better after your weekend of shoveling and bowling. 

WallyWorld, congratulations on picking up the new boat. Hope you had a safe trip home.

I have a lot of catching up to do. I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18342 on: Jan 22, 2020, 07:30 AM »
23* this morning.
WW, glad you had a good trip. Boat is looking good. I won't mind if we go right into open water at this point, just hope you didn't jinx us with the mild winter so far.
Ice-45, good to see you back, hope you are feeling better and they are able to help you in the hospital.
Quite a few fishermen out this morning with the warmer temps.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #18343 on: Jan 22, 2020, 08:31 AM »
Morning all,

Aaaahhhhh, home sweet home  :thumbsup: :clap: Finally reached the end of the 1700 mile journey around 5:30 last night.  Luckily the roads were pretty much dry all the way home, was worried we'd be driving thru slush and/or salt/sand covered roads. Did find a driveway full of snow when we got home :blink: snow removal and laundry will be top of the to do list today  ::) 

WW, that is one sweet boat and well worth the drive to pick up!! Down here it's like--- 'What winter??' Getting set up for a walleye trip this spring to Lake Erie with one of my daughters! :thumbsup: :clap:

Kind of hoping we skip getting ice now and get right into open water fishing  :whistle:  ;)2  :woot:

My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18344 on: Jan 22, 2020, 08:52 AM »
OS....you can’t beat Erie for some awesome walleye fishing!!!
Don’t forget the pictures  ;)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18345 on: Jan 22, 2020, 09:45 AM »
Good Morning ER's  I 45 hope your situation gets better soon; prayers sent. WW good to be back home hey. Tell us about the new addition when you get some rest. Marv thanks for manning the weather reports. It looks like the ice should be okd just not official yet. Eddie thanks for the well wishes. I'm done prepping other than respooling 1 reel. The Ice Shanty Flag will be flying and the rod box has the shanty logos as well.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18346 on: Jan 22, 2020, 11:41 AM »
Currently -4F heading for +7F later today.

Eddie, these temps are above normal now but I'll take it after the long cold stretch.
Normal highs are about -9F and lows are about -26F at this time of year.

WW, nice rig.
Glad you made it home safely.

Kind of reminds me of my trip to Beaver Dam WI to pick up my hovercraft a few years ago.
At least my trip was in the beautiful warm spring and not winter.

Marv, why you need to climb pine trees?   :blink:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18347 on: Jan 22, 2020, 12:34 PM »
Here she is finally tucked away in her new home waiting impatiently for spring  ;)2

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18348 on: Jan 22, 2020, 12:40 PM »
Wallyworld i just want to congratulate you and your husband on a fine new vessel..   :bow:
 Those big lake fish are already shaking in fear...     ;D
 Looks big enough for a 9:45 outting...  :whistle:
 Or are we all going to Drifters cabin first... :woot:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18349 on: Jan 22, 2020, 03:29 PM »
Or are we all going to Drifters cabin first... :woot:

That's all I need!!! A bunch of crazy Southerners invading my tranquility!!!!   :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18350 on: Jan 22, 2020, 03:52 PM »
Marv, why you need to climb pine trees?   :blink:

They are full of deadwood. It bothers a tree rat to see any dead wood in trees  ;D

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18351 on: Jan 22, 2020, 04:15 PM »
They are full of deadwood. It bothers a tree rat to see any dead wood in trees  ;D

WS

I have a ton of trees that need to come down at the cabin!!!!
Come on up!!! You'll have a blast.
;)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18352 on: Jan 22, 2020, 05:46 PM »
Raquette....I think Drifter’s cabin would be a good place to hang out while we all wait for open water fishing time to arrive   ;D

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18353 on: Jan 22, 2020, 05:47 PM »
I have a ton of trees that need to come down at the cabin!!!!
Come on up!!! You'll have a blast.
;)

Will there be rum ???

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #18354 on: Jan 22, 2020, 06:11 PM »
Will there be rum ???

WS
Now that IS a silly question!!  :roflmao: :clap: :flex: :thumbsup: ;)2
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18355 on: Jan 22, 2020, 07:01 PM »

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18356 on: Jan 22, 2020, 08:25 PM »

Good evening ER's,
                             I left early this morning and will again tomorrow morning, Million Dollar Beach is open to ice fishing. Today there weren't that many
                    in the morning, but by noon the people started to roll in. I heard that once someone saw us out on the ice on a web cam the word spread
                    like wildfire. It was a good day, we caught nice keeper perch a lake trout and a salmon. :thumbsup: :flex:
                             Wally...…..I'm glad to see you made it home with your new boat and is safe in it's crib for the rest of the winter. :thumbsup:
                             Marv...…...I finished the sink yesterday and today my wife gave her dog, Odie a bath in it, she said it worked perfectly.

I see we are all going to Drifter's cabin to do some fishing. :woot:
                             I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18357 on: Jan 22, 2020, 09:39 PM »
Drifter's place sounds a lot more inviting to ice fish.  ;D

Seeing a lot of water on top of the 5" of ice locally, not my cup of Rum that's for sure.

Kind of strange here in the City, have only had snow on the Mountain tops, nothing in the City for over a Month.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18358 on: Jan 23, 2020, 02:44 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  So ...are we all meeting up in Minnesota and taking a plane from there or caravaning?   ;D

Calm and clear 15* this am, high of 37 today.

Bud...had similar conditions here two weeks ago..it’s sure been a pretty screwed up ice season so far for many of us.
  Jeff...congrats to you and Jon on your first LG trip, awesome!  :clap:  Good luck today to you guys, nice job on the new sink!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...the new boat looks very happy in her new home, thanks for the pictures!   :clap: :thumbsup:  Have you got a name in mind yet?
  Dave...That's all I need!!! A bunch of crazy Southerners invading my tranquility!!!  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
We know how to and cook and stuff besides fishing...all you have to do is drill the holes and set us up on the fish...win, win!  I can’t wait to fire up at that airboat!!  :thumbsup: :roflmao:
  Marv, Dom, H2, I-45....hope you all have a great day....running short on time this am...this trip to Drifters had me up late last night!    :whistle:    Cawfee’s on!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18359 on: Jan 23, 2020, 06:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 7 degrees here this morning. Supposed to be in the 40s today. Going for blood work and a ekg this morning in preparation for a spinal tap to hopefully release the pressure. Botox injections this afternoon. Fun day my wife’s sugars are good this morning.

Mason Eddie, Hope their aren’t to many protesters around the work area.

Ice Wanderer, Looks like it was a good day on the ice. Nice job on the sink.

WallyWorld, Do you have a name for your boat yet? Looks good

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one and tight lines to those on the ice today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.