Author Topic: Sand lake report (pic)  (Read 1436 times)

Offline alaskanate

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sand lake report (pic)
« on: Dec 27, 2006, 03:33 AM »
Hit up sand lake today, hooked 7 dollys in about 4 hours iced 4 was using a jig with crawler on it and then did some rapala jigin. Was kinda slow mid to late afternoon but we didnt get out there till 12 or 1230. No pike >:( had a coupel of tip up with herring on them and not a damn thing! ??? i even jiged a herring for the last 30 min....

heres a pic of the bigest one i iced today. Right at 15 inches....

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Sand lake report (pic)
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2006, 03:57 AM »
Glad to hear you had a good day on the ice, my turn comes friday..........I'll be happy if I have success similar to yours.   BTW nice char Nate!

Where did you get your crawlers?

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2006, 04:06 PM »
anybody know the difference between dolly vardens, brookies, and arctic char, or are they all the same??

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2006, 04:15 PM »
dollies and arctic char are slightly different. I've heard that char have a more forked tail - that looks like a char.

there is a good publication on F&G's website here - http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/region3/pdf/arcticchardollyvarden.pdf check it out for some good side by side differences.

Offline AKanders

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Got 'im!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2006, 03:21 PM »
Hit up sand lake last night from 740-1120pm and had some good action with glow lures and shrimp.  Landed one fish, C&R, good size and beautiful colors;

Had three others on the line that got off, I was using a real small jig, so I blame that....... ;)  One felt like it had some size to it.  Great night to be on the lake though; light snowfall, silence, dim glow of the city, and a fish to boot.  Canal 1 about 10 FOW. 

Happy New Year!  Don't forget to get your new licenses!

Jake

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2006, 08:14 PM »
Good looking lunch!  What a color difference eh? :tipup:  Keep those shots coming Nate!
TEAM ALASKA

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.