Author Topic: bass and sand  (Read 1728 times)

Offline chadroc

• Team IceShanty Regular
bass and sand
« on: Jan 11, 2010, 02:36 PM »
during open water i do really well on a fairly shallow (roughly 20 ft is the deepest spot) long reservoir in northern ct.  i fish off a sandy beach by night after the swimmers have gone home and catch both large and smallmouth bass on top and bottom after dark. 

i want to target this lake through the ice but not sure if the sand of the beach will work as an attractive piece of structure to the bass.  i tend to catch most of my trout relating to sand but just curious if anyone has any ideas about sand and bass in the winter......is it worth it to set up the tips shallow or should i focus on deeper drop offs and current......

thanks for the help!
if the trout are lost, smash the state.

Offline jiml

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: bass and sand
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2010, 02:17 AM »
I fish for Bass in Massachusetts and during the winter the deeper spots produce most of my lunkers.  I target dropoffs and known weedlines as well as holes if you can find them.  My opinion is that the bass go deep in the winter.  It has worked out well for me.
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."
Ronald Reagan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.