Author Topic: Red Shirt Lake  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
Red Shirt Lake
« on: Mar 10, 2006, 07:14 PM »
Heard some guy talking about fishing red shirt lake.  Wondering if you guys have any experience fishing this lake.  This guy told me they catch some pretty nice pike and lake trout out of there.  Any help?

Baiter
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline Hungry4Fish

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Red Shirt Lake
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2006, 12:55 PM »
I've never fished through the ice, and when I fished it in spring once I caught nothing.

I've heard that there were lake trout and rainbows in the lake, but the proliferation of pike over the past 20 years may have changed that.

I had hoped to give it a whirl this winter, but didn't make it.

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2006, 01:47 AM »
Well I went to red shirt lake this weekend with my brother.  Was an awesome trip, stayed in one of the public use cabins there and that was really nice.  The fishing wasn't great but wasn't terrible either.  We ended up catching 4 decent pike(1 over 30inches) and 1 nice burbot(10lb.).  Had another nice burb up to the top of the hole but he got loose to be caught another day. 

Baiter
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline Hungry4Fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2006, 02:00 PM »
Was there much fishing pressure there?

If so, did you see others catch anything (especially lake trout)?

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2006, 05:14 PM »
Hungry,

There were less than a handful of fisherman out there.  Most everybody out there was going after pike or burbot.  I was told there were lake trout out there but very few.  I seen more burbot caught out there last week than pike, and most of them were nice fish, but thats probably just because this time of year the burbot fishin picks up a bit.  The lake at the deepest i think is 40 FOW or something like that, so not ur typical lake to find many lakers in.

Baiter

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.