Author Topic: ATV/UTV tracks  (Read 8040 times)

timberdoodle

ATV/UTV tracks
« on: Oct 23, 2008, 07:08 PM »
Hey any of you guys that have tracks for your atv's/utv's put studs in them? I have a Polaris Ranger with Prospector II tracks and have been running ice screws in the lugs but I am thinking about studding them this year and was hoping for some input. I have looked for recommendations from the manufacture but can't seem to find anything. I'm just curious if anyone has had any bad experiences with them ripping out. I would have to think that due to the slow track speed it wouldn't be that much of a problem, as long as the studs are the right length for the lug height. Sure would like to hear some other views on this. Thanks

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ATV/UTV tracks
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2008, 10:58 PM »
I say if they can stud a snowmobile track why not those. Just have to create the right pattern i guess.

Offline mrpike2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2008, 06:47 AM »
i have tatou 4 season tracks on my rhino and they are predrilled for studs

timberdoodle

« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2008, 10:08 AM »
Where in the track are they drilled? Are they just in the center or on the outside belt as well?

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2008, 10:12 AM »
How do you guys like your tracks thinking about getting some for mu atv? Do they work very good in deep snow like they say?

Offline vtpoolman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2008, 10:19 AM »
i also have the tatou 4s. the newest ones are not pre drilled anymore. the older ones were but not for snowmobile studs. they were just pre drilled for car studs in the end of the knobbies. so they are not drilled all the way threw the belt. i used kold kutter screws in the pre marked spots on the knobbies. that is were they used to be pre drilled for car studs. if you are going to use sled studs make sure they are not in the slider area. other then that you should be ok. the kold kutter screws do work well though. i do not see the Need for a snowmobile stud. the kold kutters are a nice option check them out. but like you said with the slow speed atvs/utvs run they should never pull out. have studded many of sleds. the tracks on sleds that are studded seem to last about 4000-5000 miles before i start loosing them. good luck.

Offline vtpoolman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2008, 10:25 AM »
i have not been stuck yet with the tracks. we had probably 3 feet of powder. enough so that it was at the top of my front rack. looked like i was plowing snow. and she just kept on trudgin along. yeah i love them you do loose about 30% speed and fuel milage. but i don't care.

(were do you want to go) is my response when people ask how do the work in snow.

i also pull a drag to groom our feeder trail that the big groomer can not fit . nothin special for a drag i just modified two pallets. pull it with a chain. works good. just got my tracks this season.

timberdoodle

« Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2008, 04:51 PM »
The most I have been able to put mine through with the tracks is about 32 inches of fresh snow on top of about 12 inches of settled snow. Not so sure that we will ever see fresh snow that falls at once that those tracks won't go through. Best thing I've bought in awhile. I would recommend them to anyone. As far as I'm concerned they perform just as they were advertised.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.