Author Topic: new password  (Read 482 times)

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • STAND FOR THE FLAG, KNEEL FOR THE CROSS
new password
« on: Jan 19, 2024, 04:37 PM »
I usually stay logged into Ice Shanty, but recently had some kind of misfunction that kicked me off and ask me to log back in. Not remembering my password I clicked on "forgot password" on the log in page, and was told that I would get an email and follow the instructions to continue. I never got the email, so I tried again, and again, and again until I got tired of doing it. Still haven't got it. After some time I googled IceShanty.com and was greeted with entry to the site, and as of today still signed in. Anyone know why I can't get an email to change my password. I still don't know what it is. thx

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: new password
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2024, 04:58 PM »
Looks like you’re on to me..
 ;) ;D
 When you sign in click the box always stay logged..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline tentwiststhick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2024, 05:01 PM »
I can't really tell you why other than the website software might need a serious revision. I can tell you that you are not alone in your dilemma. A friend of mine is dealing with a similar problem and his last resort was going by route of what is causing your problem too. It's not as much as you can't open up a new account but you lose your seniority or rating status if you do that and it sux also messages , chats I assume too. I have many passwords from many accounts even though they're saved in the browser(which i advise doing) it's still not fool proof. I maintain a hard copy paper log of all web accounts I establish as another redundancy.Maintaining a journal requires that you keep it very secure too, you don't want any prying eyes looking through it for instance.
ttt

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2024, 05:10 PM »
I do the same thing, I keep all my passwords on a flash drive that's under lock and key. I changed all my passwords, edited my flash drive, but must have skipped my ice shanty password, and deleted it. I don't know how I got back on the forum, just clicked on it one day, and there I was.

Offline tentwiststhick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2024, 05:53 PM »
Ok cool. BTW my buddy also failed in his attempt to regain access using his email . I told him about the Goggle search work around you used. He's gonna give it a try. 🤞🤞🤞 :tipup: Thanks
ttt

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2024, 06:35 PM »
We are having some email issues with some severs, first check your spam folder, if not there or you have an out of date address, send email to the address in the link with your iceshanty username and the email address used to register and I'll get you back on.  :tipup:

https://www.iceshanty.com/iceshanty/email-us.shtml
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2024, 07:35 AM »
We are having some email issues with some severs, first check your spam folder, if not there or you have an out of date address, send email to the address in the link with your iceshanty username and the email address used to register and I'll get you back on.  :tipup:

https://www.iceshanty.com/iceshanty/email-us.shtml
the link you sent to me doesn't do anything. I clicked on everything on the link and all it does is blink.

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2024, 07:45 AM »
I don't know how long I've been a member here, but I have never received an email notification for anything. I clean out my spam boxes, trash, other things on a regular basis and have never seen one. After reading the last post I went to my spam folder and guess what, There's notifications for new passwords, private messages, forum responses from this last week. These things have never been there. Someone must have pushed the right buttons and found my email box, and it looks like now I may be getting notifications. Thank You.
I even changed my password

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.