Author Topic: Palisades update  (Read 4462 times)

Offline Ouzel

• Team IceShanty Regular
Palisades update
« on: Mar 31, 2008, 12:30 PM »
Hit Palisades Sunday 30 Mar, ice was great, had no problem crossing the edge on big Yamaha two up sled with two adults one kid and a big sliegh full of gear. This was done between Little Elk and Big Elk. Went out from Indian on 27 Mar and retreieved a friends sled from near Sulphur bar and that edge was good then also
We kept 12 nice cutts, No Macks, browns, rainbows or Kokes.

here's one of the first 6, ;astones it was snowing too hard to get the camera out

Offline spudbar

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Palisades update
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2008, 10:25 AM »
Nice fish Ouzel, is that Yamaha legal in the park?

Offline Ouzel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2008, 03:31 PM »
Yes it is, I have it because my snowplane is not.

Offline spudbar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2008, 09:29 PM »
I'll be saving my money this summer hopefully I can get something to ride across the big pond next winter.  How much was that thing $

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2008, 11:13 AM »
I'll be saving my money this summer hopefully I can get something to ride across the big pond next winter.  How much was that thing $
isnt hard to save money when it goes to your drinkin fund? ;D ;D

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2009, 03:53 PM »
Just got back from Palisades. Talk about bad and slow! Damn high pressure and full moon has the fish in lock jaw. There was a hell of a lot of poeple there and nobody was getting any at all and what they did get were all browns. I think i'm gonna wait a week or two and see what the moon does and the weather pressure. I could see many dozens of targets on my finder but they were not even interested!

Offline Ouzel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2009, 03:11 AM »
Just got back from Palisades. Talk about bad and slow! d**n high pressure and full moon has the fish in lock jaw.  I could see many dozens of targets on my finder but they were not even interested!

That being said, Now let us in on the ice conditons!

(1) is the lake completely covered?
(2) ice thickness, condition
(3) from your comment of loads of people, I am guessing you were near Big Elk? did you see any one over toward Van point, Blowout, Sulphur bar or back toward the Narrows?

I won't even get to see the lake before Friday or Saturday. So consider yourself lucky to get out there! But if you see a teal Green dodge or the big sled in the above posts you'll know I'm around

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2009, 11:45 AM »
Only safe spot for fishing right now is Big Elk. The ice is still to thin just out of Big Elk thus there were no other parties at the spots you mentioned. There is still some open water just out from Calamity so i woulnd't even think of unloading your sled right now. All the Ririe fishermen were there at Big Elk so thats why the number of poeple was so high. I should be back there this next weekend. Maybe we will see you there. I heard they were pullin em out left and right on Jackson Lake so i might head that way one day this week.

Offline Ouzel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2009, 03:51 AM »
To bad to hear that about the ice, reckon I have to hit Fremont or Half Moon till it covers good, So yuor going to go fish the "Dead Sea" of Teton county, well let us know how the trip goes, most time the ride  to get there is more eventful than the fishing!
I don't believe most stories about the fishing there unless I see pictures with a background I recognize or I was there.

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2009, 02:46 PM »
Palisades has not been worth a crap this year. At most i am leaving with 2 or 3 fish each time i go. Last year i was almost always limited by 9:30 or 10 and with some really nice lakers and cuts. Not the case this year!!!

Offline Ouzel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 08, 2009, 08:21 PM »
Hit Palisades today for the first time this year,  we got 2 eaters (1ea 3.6 lb Mack and 1ea 2lb Brown) went across to Sulphur bar which is usually very productive, marked only the fish caught.

Soft spots in lots of places, need more cold weather or we may have trouble getting on the edges shortly.

Offline cmustard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 22, 2009, 09:22 AM »
Ive been to palisades quite a bit this year it is a little slower than last year as far as the trout go, we got into some kokanee but mostly small ones (6-8 inches), on friday night we went out at night and tried big elk and only caught chubs so we moved to the dam it was very cold but we caught 4 cuts ranging from 14-17 inches and a sucker (first time we had ever seen a sucker hit a jig)

Offline spudbar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 25, 2009, 05:16 PM »
Anyone go to the private fishing derby there last weakend?  how did it go if you did?

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #13 on: Feb 25, 2009, 09:44 PM »
Didn't know there was a private derby. Was to busy pullin em out on Jackson last weekend.

Offline Ouzel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 26, 2009, 03:28 AM »
my fishin pardner took his son and went,( $20 a head to ante up) did'nt mark a fish.
 Said a 2.8 lb mack won it and that in typical Swan Valley style  of the derbies on Palisades years ago,  there were drunks everwhere. He said someone had a problem with a sled and the edge around Indian creek also.

Offline spudbar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 26, 2009, 08:17 AM »
Fished Jackson Lake myself on Monday,  never got a bight.  my buddy however fished it last Friday and got 25 fish or so.  And lost a big one at the hole.

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #16 on: Feb 26, 2009, 08:54 PM »
Yeah it was good for us last Friday also. We caught our limit and had at least double that hooked coming off half way up. We were right on top of a hot spot that had springs with organic matter on the bottom. We pulled most of our fish out of that one hole. We also lost a big one that day. Had the ***** up to the hole and came off.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.