IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Mr Heater Fuel Keg 1lb Tanks

(1/19) > >>

DTro:
Some Menards have put these new tanks out on the shelf for sale so I picked one up to try.  I assumed my Flame King valve was going to work on these fuel kegs, but I was wrong.
You will need the Mr Heater valve to fill the Mr Heater tanks.
Valve $29.99
Tank $17.99

First video with an overview of the tank and comparison to Flame King and then a follow up using the correct valve.

i=XUVxoSfzld74FupQ

i=GQPXXUab8gXYLQ8P

Splattypus:
Thanks for the video!

Ive been looking at picking up some of the refillables, haven't pulled the trigger yet. I don't go through a ton of cans, don't use the heater much, but it's definitely more cost effective in the long run. Plus better for the environment, as you point out. Also, technically the disposables are supposed to be taken to hazardous waste facilities, which is pretty inconvenient for most people. So as I deplete my stock of the coleman ones, I'll probably pick up some refillables.

I presume the Mr Heater kegs are compatible with all products that take 1lb tanks(camp stoves, lanterns, torches, etc) , and not just Mr Heater products? It doesn't technically say on any of the product information anywhere

hawg:
Best to be sure, Mr Heater has a habit of making their stuff compatible only with their stuff.

Splattypus:
That's still where I would predominantly use it, so it's still worth having a few to me. That said I have some camping gear that I'd like to put to use that would be nice if they were universally compatible. Proprietary stuff is a pain, and I try to avoid it when at all possible

sylvain guy:
Here is what confuses me about this. I have been using Flame King bottles for years on Mr. Heater and Coleman products, so the threads must match. So why would the threads for the keg not match? Also all the one time use 1lbers all match. By the way Menards has discontinued the Flame King 1lbers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version