Author Topic: Long season  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Long season
« on: Mar 14, 2019, 10:19 PM »
This has been probably my longest ice season ever. I've only been doing it 6 years...... But I'm thinking it'll be close to a 6 month season for us up around Conway. I was on the Sunday after Thanksgiving and my buddy was on Thanksgiving day. How many people plank it out in April? Do most hang it up and catch up on honey do lists and prep for the open water season. I'll be getting my fly rod out soon and going through that but I'll be on the ice as long as safely possible.

A cool pic from December

Every fish is a good fish!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Long season
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2019, 04:42 AM »
Awesome.  Nice pic. Been long for sure, loving it. I have stuff to do in april but might squeeze in a trip. Definitely gonna have ice for a while. 
Salmonemia

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2019, 05:49 AM »
I started Dec. 1 and will probably end around the 10th of April weather permitting. I planked when I was younger now the only planking I do is at The Dark Side when Captain Black makes me walk the plank.  :cookoo:

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:04 AM »
Longest in a long, long time, started the Saturday after thanksgiving,  3/30 will be my last day, I'll be out just about every day next week. .Lime M €M I  I no.longrt plank, I'll leave that one
To the younger crowd,
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2019, 07:01 AM »
Great season! 4-5 months is awesome considering the change in climates we've had in the recent years.
I definitely plank it as long as I can. Usually no prob getting on shady spots well into April most years. Looks to be no exception this year. 2 years ago, I recall my last trip was April 25th I think. It's great, you usually have any ponds to yourself at that point.
Still a ways to go for sure. Good luck in the rest of season

- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2019, 08:57 AM »
I live in RI and though we do not have as long of a season as NH does, this was the first year in 4 years that I was able to fish into March locally. I will take it as well.
Just add water.

Offline jmamos52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2019, 02:13 PM »
I agree Diggs.. one of the best seasons up the lakes in a long time. Great safe ice and virtually no snow to hassle with. I wish I had left my hardside out longer but it's been great. Taking the little one (just over 2) tomorrow out in the meredith bay area for her first time... could be a great way to wind down the season. I might try to get out on winnisquam this week/next weekend but all in all.. it's been awesome. I'd love to see if I can get her hooked into a perch school as she'd be blown away.. we'll see. She has a lifetime license, so might as well get started.. good luck guys/gals this weekend if you're out

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2019, 04:27 PM »
It’s been a great season I started in Dec...I’m hoping to get out a couple of more times before work commitments and coaching commitments take center stage ,,,, heading north tomorrow in hopes of getting on the white perch bite
Good luck this weekend guys...
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:14 PM »
I'll be hitting winni a bunch next week and have a plan of hitting it the 31st with a group of buddies. After the session closes on the big lake I'll be chasing warm water stuff up around here.
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2019, 07:40 PM »
She has a lifetime license, so might as well get started..
Great investment! Kudos to you.
Hope she becomes a life long angler.

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 16, 2019, 03:38 AM »
As to having a pond to your self, I rode by webster lake yesterday and I dont think there were more than 3 bob houses out there. 2 weeks ago there was 20..

Offline TheCrittaC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Set the hook!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2019, 04:18 PM »
This will easily be my longest season since moving to NH, started early December and hope to still be fishing after the big lakes close.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.