Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607577 times)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15240 on: Mar 16, 2019, 08:33 PM »
Things are a mess here from the rain on top of the snow. All streams and rivers are at flood stage. We tried to take see how bad the creek in town was at a friends yesterday. I drove past a road closed sign just to see how bad it was. I have never seen it that bad. Today we went around the other way. The creek was five foot from his house and only a couple of feet from his pole barn with a heavy flow through his yard.

My grandson that is in National Guard sergeants school in Nebraska has had to move to two different bases for school due to flooding.

Marv I think that when you dropped a tree in the road you gave traffic some warning that some thing was going on. This guy gave no warning that he was cutting the trees.
I hope the party goes well tomorrow.

H2L It is great to here your wife is still doing great.

DFF Years ago we had a guy buy the place across from us on labor day weekend. He worked the airport in Muskegon as an electrician on the control tower, I think. He came from a city in Indiana to the country. I have enough stories of stupid things he and his wife did to fill a book. They had no idea how life is in the country

I took an auto mechanics class in high school. One the first day of class the insturctor held up the text book. He said we would learn more from that book than we would for experiance. One the way home from school I stopped at the neighborhood service station. I told the two dang good mechanincs they needed a copy of the book as they would learn more from it than the had from all of their years of experiance. They had a good laugh out of that.

ww I hope you are not spoiling the grandkids too bad. At least you can spoil them then go home and let their parents deal with them being spoiled by you. ;D

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15241 on: Mar 17, 2019, 01:26 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!
  Snow showers and 25* as I type, high of 33 here today.
  We had to cancel out our trip yesterday, Mike with vehicle problems that needed tending to, of all things....brakes. Guess it was a good thing though as we lost power for a large portion of the day. Assuming it was from the high winds taking down lines...gusts were in 40’s. That could have been a problem out in the pop up as well.
  We’re heading north in about an hour....will be spending St. Patty’s Day out on the ice looking to limit out on perch and hopefully find a few Lakers willing to play keep away. I’m not Irish, but I’m wearing green today for luck!!   ;D

Marv...enjoy thé time spent with your nieces, that’s great they’re all coming to visit...wishing you all a great time!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Tom...hope the water levels are receding today.   :thumbsup:
  H2...crazy weather yesterday here, went from 66 on Friday to snow showers yesterday am, lol.
  Wally...glad you had a safe trip, hope you’re all having a great time! Must be nice just not scrambling around to the games this weekend and spending time together!   :clap: :bow:
  Jeff... hope you all had a good time and enjoyed the corned beef and cabbage yesterday....can’t wait for that this evening!!   :thumbsup:

Time to get ready for the days events.. will check back in later on today, maybe a live broadcast from beautiful Lake George N.Y...Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15242 on: Mar 17, 2019, 05:07 AM »
Good Morning ER's hope all are doing well. Flooding here so put in 3 days getting rid of it. Eddie good luck on the perch and Lakers today. Looking forward to selection day for the big Dance.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15243 on: Mar 17, 2019, 05:44 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie...good luck with the perch and lakers today 😉

WS.....have fun visiting with your nieces 😁 amazing how quickly they grow up isn’t it  ???

IW.....hope you enjoyed your dinner last night  ;)

OG.....hope there wasn’t too much damage from the water   :-\

TT....that sounds like some pretty dangerous conditions on the roads  :o

IF45......Duxbury, no snow left here either

Heading back home later this afternoon, another laid back kind of day on tap.

Have a good day, happy St Paddy’s Day.  Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15244 on: Mar 17, 2019, 05:46 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Old Goat, ER's,
                            It's 23* and a little breezy still here on my hill. ::)
                            Eddie.........I was wondering if you fished yesterday in that wind, I wouldn't have wanted to be out. :blink: Good luck out
                  there today! :flex:
                            Tom..........From all the reports I see the mid west is in for a lot of flooding, we seem good around here until we get heavy rain! :whistle:
                            Marv.........Sounds like a nice party, I like houseful of friends or relatives. :thumbsup: I'm glad the water has stayed out. ???
                            Steve........It will be a while before I see any grass, there should be plenty ground water this year. :thumbsup:
                            Wally.........I hope your having a good time with the grand kids, safe travels home if you're coming home today. :flex:
                            Last nights dinner was good I always have a good time with my #2 sons in laws, the FIL is a real interesting guy to talk to. :woot:
                            Not much going on today, just hanging out til my wife gets home, I made reservations at a restaurant that is offering Corned Beef dinner
                  for $12.95 so she wont miss out.
                            I hope everyone has a green St Patty's day either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15245 on: Mar 17, 2019, 06:02 AM »
26 this morning.
WW, have a safe trip home.
Eddie, it should be a better day to be on the ice. I know the wind here yesterday was pretty bad. Good Luck.
Corned beef getting ready for the crock pot. May even go pick up a 4 pack of Becks.
Have a green day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15246 on: Mar 17, 2019, 07:12 AM »
13* this morning. Hopefully it cuts back on the run off into the rivers so they can go down. There is still a lot of snow to melt. Guessed to get above freezing during the day now. With no real rain in sight so the run off should not bet to bad.

A couple of guys went north from the snowless southern part of the state to do some work on their hunting camps yesterday. Both found out how the snowy north was as neither of them could even get off of the road to their camps. It brought back memories of when a couple of guys did the same thing and brought up some things to take to their cottage in February. We lent them a couple of toboggans to haul the stuff the half mile + through deep snow.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15247 on: Mar 17, 2019, 11:34 AM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, 32 degrees here, having a bad headache day. Wasn’t able to go to church today. I hope everyone has a good day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15248 on: Mar 17, 2019, 12:31 PM »
Good Luck Eddie  40* and 2mph breeze here, Cornedbeef and cabbage is on.  Home lake is about 75% open.  Will be pulling the boat cover, plugging in chargers, and installing the new I-Pilot.

Fisher-45 hoping headache doesn't stay all day.
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15249 on: Mar 17, 2019, 04:19 PM »
Good afternoon snagged a Fl-3 for 32 off flea bay only cost a bit o green.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15250 on: Mar 18, 2019, 01:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  21* with just a slight breeze this am, high of 39 today.

OG...nice buy on fl-3!!     :clap: :thumbsup:   Looking forward to the March Madness!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...that ice went fast, wow. Best of luck on the soft water!   :thumbsup:
  I-45... hope the headache has past and a better day today.   :thumbsup:
  H2...it was a bit windy up on LG, but not nearly as bad as Saturday...beautiful day to be out. Might have been our last trip for the season. How did the corned beef and cabbage turn out?   :thumbsup:
  Jeff... hope you had a nice dinner last evening with your wife.  :thumbsup:  Thinking the shoreline at Vet’s might be gone this week by the looks of things.
  Wally...hope you had a great time and safe travels back home last evening.... :thumbsup:
  Marv...will be looking forward to hearing how the visit with your nieces is going!   :thumbsup:

We had a pretty good trip yesterday, caught some perch and Mike landed two Lakers...a 24’’ keeper and one short. Had to sift through a lot of dink perch to get some decent ones, but that was fine....catching is always better than not catching right, lol.
  That might have been our last trip to LG this season, hopefully get one more chance to hit some local water before calling it quits for the season.
  Back to the grindstone....Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15251 on: Mar 18, 2019, 05:11 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 17* and calm here on my hill another nice day is expected. The temps aren't that warm like last Friday's but the high sun
                 is helping things melt down. ::)
                           Eddie..........Sounds like a busy day on LG, it doesn't have to be your last trip, Vet's looses it's shoreline really early. There is good
                 shoreline in other places, let me know if you want to try another trip and I'll PM your ab access spot. :flex:
                           Bud............Just how much ice did your lake have, it seems it went out fast. :whistle:
                           I-45...........That must to have been a bad headache not to go out, I hope they subside soon. :thumbsup:
                           H2L............I would have cooked Corned beef but my wife has done so much for me, I thought it be nice to taker out. :blink:
                           Mrv............How was the houseful yesterday? ???         
                           Wally..........How was your ride home? ???
                           Dinner last night was fantastic, we went to a restaurant on Glen Lake and had a table lake side, which my wife liked, we were there
                  while it was still light out and watched ice fishermen as we ate.
                           Another PT appointment today, my shoulder felt great yesterday, almost like I never had a problem.
                           I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15252 on: Mar 18, 2019, 06:04 AM »
Quick post before hitting the road. 18* this morning. No big precipitation guessed for the week with day time temps getting to normal.

We decided to use  a gift certificate so we went out for supper. I ordered a half rack of ribs. They must have butchered the piglet shortly after it was born as there was little meat on the bones. I never have liked the restaurant. The gift certificate was from the neighbors that though I needed some thing for blowing out their drive when they were away sing a new born grand child.

The trip to the city will be fun as they shut down a bridge yesterday making the bridge I normally take busier. One interchange area will have construction going on for two years. Sure glad I know ways around all of this.

Every one have a great day.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15253 on: Mar 18, 2019, 06:07 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

28 creeping up to 40 later on today. As the week goes on the 50's will be closing in. We still have lots of ice on the driveway which hopefully will soon be just a memory.

Eddie glad to read you had a good trip to LG :thumbsup: Hope you and the crew have an excellent week :thumbsup:

IW glad the night out was a good one.  :thumbsup: Hope the shoulder is soon 100% :clap:

WW hope you had a good trip home :thumbsup: What's on the planner for the week ahead ???

45 hope things take a turn for you with the headaches, hang in there :thumbsup:

Well in what seemed like a blink of an eye, the 4 kids came and all to soon they were on their way again. We had a little over 7 hours of hanging out and visiting. My wife and s-i-l made a big batch of lasagna and everyone loved it. The kids seemed to have endless accounts from memories of when they would stay at my dad's farm for a week or so every year when they were all 7-10 years old. I was cutting trees with my future f-i-l and the kids would come with and help drag brush and rake. At noon we would take them to a local bar for burgers, fries and a dessert of some kind ??? They didn't so much care for the work, but they sure liked the lunches. At night I would take them to a lake for swimming and winding down. They said they just hated the next morning having to get up to do it again. Some of the goofiest things they remembered made the day fly.

My wife thought it was funny how my great niece just listened to her mom, aunt and cousin go on and on. You could tell she wished she could have been there, but somehow I am sure the day will come when she will re-tell her version of the stories to her kids.

The time finally came when they needed to make the 2.5 hour drive home. with hugs and goodbyes as fast as it came, all was quiet. I will see them all again over the 4th of July at the picnic at my sisters and I am sure they will bring more laughs and memories.

Hope you all have an excellent day no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15254 on: Mar 18, 2019, 06:10 AM »
Good Morning. 15 clear and no wind.
Corned beef dinner was great. Watched some basketball and most of the Final round of the Players. Looked like a nice spring day in Fla. Low 50's, light rain and wind.
Eddie, glad you got into some fish. I hope the wind wasn't as bad as it was here. I was at my brothers and we were standing outside watching the deer and it was nasty. I can understand why the sap isn't running.
IW, hope you and the wife enjoyed your dinner.
h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15255 on: Mar 18, 2019, 06:33 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....sounds like a great day filled with fond memories of days past  :thumbsup: :clap: 

TT.....good luck to MrsTT, hope things go well  ;) might have done a "wee bit" of spoiling over the weekend  :woot:

IW......I'm sure MrsIW appreciated the nice dinner out  :thumbsup: glad the shoulder's doing so well  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....sounds like a nice day on the ice  :flex:  hope you get another shot at it before it's over  :icefish:

Lots of traffic on the way home last night, but it was dry roads so no problems  ;)  groceries and laundry on the agenda today  :-\  maybe some ice time tomorrow  ;)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #15256 on: Mar 18, 2019, 08:05 AM »
Morning, Gang

Sunshine, as of right now low 40's going to high 40's today, no breeze

Just did a quick breeze thru the past posts from last post to now - looks like everybody is doing as well as can be expected

I.W. - Glad to hear that P.T. is going well for you

Just way too much stuff going on here, I'll try to get back late afternoon-early evening for more

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Happy Birthday-Good Eats & Drink-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15257 on: Mar 18, 2019, 08:44 PM »
Jeff,  there was a cover of 8 to 10 of ice but the north wind of 40 mph and gusts of 60-70 most of the day broke it up shoving it all south.

Just tried to install the I-Pilot and have run into a snag.  Its not responding or working.  :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :cookoo: Put the old one back on and its acting the same, will be calling Minnkota tomorrow, to see what gives.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15258 on: Mar 19, 2019, 01:39 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  24* and calm winds this am, high of 41 for the day.

Bud...good luck with the trouble shooting, fuses all ok and battery charged up enough?   :thumbsup:
  Capt.Jim...sounds like you’ve busy, that’s good!! Hope everything is going well on your end Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...best of luck to you and Mr.WW if you’re heading out today! Glad you had safe travels back home.   :thumbsup: :icefish:
  H2...we had the pop up shelter anchored down good, no problems with the wind for us. Did see a flip over go sailing across the ice at one point with a guy chasing it down. He caught up to it after about a 50yd run...the ice was super slick, like walking on grease Sunday.
  Marv...sounds like a great time had by all, gotta love all the old memories being brought back to life. Hope your nieces had a safe return trip.   :thumbsup: :clap:
  Tom... hope you had safe travels yesterday, very nice of your neighbor taking care of you with a meal....couldn’t help but giggle about the piglet!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff...glad you enjoyed your dinner lake side, watching the ice fishing was a bonus! Hope the PT went well yesterday. Appreciate the offer for if, doubt we’ll be heading back this weekend but if the ice holds, possibly next. Thank You for all your help this season.   :thumbsup: :bow:

Short on time again this am, hammer crew will be firing up at 4. Might try a local lake this afternoon if I have any gas left in the tank.   Cawfee’s on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15259 on: Mar 19, 2019, 03:24 AM »

It's 20* and clear here on my hill, the moon left shadows on the snow over night. ::)
                             Eddie........We generally call it quits around the 15th of April, warm days and cold nights keeps the ice going. :blink: That must have been funny
                     watching the guy chase his flip over. I've never had that problem.....yet, I anchor my flip over in high wind! ::)
                             Bud .........It would seem that the lake had some open water for it to be blown apart.  ??? Good luck finding your problem with the I Pilot! :flex:
                             Capt. Jim.....I'm glad you have plenty of work, of course ypu'd rather be ice fishing but with no ice, you might as well work. :whistle:
                             Tom..........Those must really been 'Baby Back Ribs" lol :roflmao:
                             Marv.........How is your PT going, are you still feeling good. ???
                             Wally.........How did the shopping go. I hope you can get out today! :thumbsup:
                             Yesterdays PT  went well, she stretched my arm a little farther and added 3 more exercises, I woke up earlier than usual this morning, my arm was
                     throbbing a little. I used some muscles that haven't been used in a while. It's to be expected, once I got up and moved it around it felt better. :flex:
                             I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15260 on: Mar 19, 2019, 05:17 AM »
Morning all,

Heading out in a few to see if we can find some hungry perch  :icefish:  might be tough with the pressure as high as it is, but you never know  :blink:

IFF.....good luck getting the I Pilot figured out  :wacko:

IW.....glad you were able to work the soreness out ok  :flex:

Eddie....good luck if you make it out this afternoon  :icefish:  the later sunset sure helps keep one motivated   @)

TT.....hope all went well yesterday  ;)

WS.....fingers crossed the melt down is continuing for you  ;)

IF45......when do you get the next round of injections  ???

CapJ.....hope all is well with you and yours  :)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15261 on: Mar 19, 2019, 05:28 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

30 heading into to 44 later, the ice on the driveway is slowly eroding :thumbsup:

Eddie good luck if you make it out this afternoon :thumbsup: There is something about watching someone run across a lake chasing their house that never fails to be captivating  ;D

IW my PT is going well. I still wake up stiff but it's nothing like it was, and I have had no spasms since starting. There are a couple stretches that still bother a little if I over do them but for the most part this has been a good experience :thumbsup:

WW good luck if you make it out today :thumbsup:

Bud hope you can get the I-Pilot to work. I put that on my motor and it was a heck of an improvement.

Time to get the stretches going. I have to make a Menard's run after while, then more garage time.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15262 on: Mar 19, 2019, 06:34 AM »
15 degrees, clear and it looks like we got about half an inch of snow overnight. Sun just peaked over the hill so snow won't last long.

WW, pressure was real high here last night, 30.18 when I went to bed. Hope you get into some fish.

IFF, good luck with the Minn-Kota. I would like one on my boat just for the spot lock.

IW, no pain no gain, so they say. Sounds like it is coming along pretty good.

Watched Nat. Grid move cables to the new pole they set last month.  They couldn't reach the pole from the road so had to move some snow in the yard to get a couple bucket trunks into the corner of the yard. They do have some nice "toys" to make everything less work. Back in the 60's I would have had to put on the hooks. The machine to move the snow had 2' wide rubber tracks. Packed the snow down so they could get the bucket trunks in with no damage to the yard, that I can see. I know where he lives...lol

Sap is still not running very much but after today it should start. Nephew is just a little further up in the hills. I am only 6 miles away and some days it is 5/6 degrees cooler up there than here on the lake.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15263 on: Mar 19, 2019, 07:22 AM »
It was a long day yesterday for the wife surgery as we got there early and the DR ended getting backed up with one surgery. The wife's surgery also took longer as there had to be some other things done when the got into her thumb. It has been a restless night for her due to pain but that is getting better.

I have to go back to the city to pickup meds and drop off the assn. dues at the management company today. Since we have an assn. dock we have to have our dues paid early to keep the dock. I am sure this violates the rules as every one else's dues are not due to April 1. I will be getting a written receipt for the payment so the board can not claim we did not pay before the due date on Friday

I did go to the meeting last night. I had to hold my tongue quite a bit. I did not ask one question right. I  wanted to know where the money was being spent but was told there were financial reports on line. What I should have asked for was a profit and loss statement. When the wife was treasure she had a profit and loss statement at every meeting. Still no answer as to why there are no board minutes available.

IW and WS It is good to hear that your therapy is helping. I have had a lot of therapy. It has always helped. There has been some pain. Like H2l said No pain, No gain. Once the wife gets cleared for doing therapy she will be going to our local theipists as they are great. They train therapists from the college. north of us.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15264 on: Mar 19, 2019, 07:50 AM »
Good morning sunny,blue sky and 28 currently heading to high in the mid forties. Might  see folks mowing their lawns in a month only see snow in very shaded spots and what is left from plowing.
Eddie glad your foremen was not hurt in his accident. Hope son Mike got his breaks repaired. Congrats on the perch and his lake trout. Good luck if you get out after work today.
Wallyworld sounds like you had a nice relaxing visit at your son's for once and not running all over to see your grandchildren play in their sports. Best to you and Mr. WW today with the perch search.
Ice Wanderer happy for you that PT is working  are you able to take off the sling for a few hours each day . Sounds like you had two good dinner for St.Patrick's day between son#2's in-laws and the restaurant. Lakefront table was a nice addition to the meal always fun watching others fish especially if they are catching fish.
Tom Turkey hope you do not get any of the flooding  Like folks in Iowa and other places are as rain melts snow from last storm. Best to your wife with her post surgery recovery. Smart move keeping records of your Assn.fees/dues. May you get to see some board meetings and financial records.
Hunts2long that is great news about your wife being cleared to drive. :clap: :clap: The warmer temperatures during day should have the Maple sap running in my part of NY. Might make a trip to a YMCA camp in the Catskills this Saturday to attend open house event at the camp's sugar house.
IFF best getting the I pilot to work.
Deerefishyfishy have a safe flight home. Sorry the course was basically a refresher for you on how the system works at least now you are certified for a couple of years.
Icefiher-45 may the injections kick in soo and your head aches end.
Old Goat hope the flooding is over you are cleaned up and no damage to your property.
Capt.Jim seems you are very busy with work. How are your wife and daughter doing lately .
Whopper Stopper glad all your work paid off and no water problems for you from the melting snow. Good to read your PT is also helping your back. Happy you had a good visit with your niece's and great niece. Always nice to share memories and stories.

Have a safe and good day.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15265 on: Mar 19, 2019, 09:23 AM »
Just got off the phone, with Minnkota parts. sounds like the cable/connection it plugs into is bad, will be waiting on cable to replace the plug.  So Crossed fingers could help ? :wacko: :blink: :whistle:  ???
Bud

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15266 on: Mar 19, 2019, 05:02 PM »
Good evening gang,

Finally done with my class. Gotta get packed up tonight for a 7:10 flight tomorrow morning. I have to zig-zag back the way I came down here by heading to Atlanta, Detroit, and then Elmira.

Hope you all have a good evening and a great day tomorrow.

Good luck and stay safe
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15267 on: Mar 19, 2019, 06:01 PM »
Evening all,

What a beautiful day to be on the ice, sunny and mild  @)  Too bad the fish don't enjoy the nice weather too  :-\  pressure was holding steady at 30.40 most all day, some say that makes a huge difference, not sure if that true or not  :-\
Ended the day bringing home a dozen decent perch  :thumbsup:  throw backs were a small pickerel, a fat burbot and a 19" eye  (walleye closed Friday  :'( )  Last week there was 2' of ice, today there was 13"   :o  :blink:  going to try again in the morning  :icefish:  it will be our last trip for this season  :(

Have a good night. Stay safe.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15268 on: Mar 20, 2019, 02:18 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm winds and 28* this am, high of 51 expected today.

Wally...congratulation s to you and Mr.WW on another good day out on the ice!!  :clap:   Hope you have a great day out there today for the finale. Beautiful pictures....thanks for sharing, will be looking forward to hearing about today’s trip!  Best of luck!  :thumbsup:
  DFF...have a safe flight, congrats on completing your class!  :clap:
  Bud...best of luck with the replacement cable.  :thumbsup:   How was Minnkota’s customer service to deal with?
  Steve... thanks, I took a pass on yesterday’s fishing...caught up on some outside work the dogs leave a pile of everyday, lol. The snow is melting away pretty fast now here, today’s weather should help.... :thumbsup:
  Tom... hope your wife is feeling better today, best wishes sent her way with a quick recovery.   :thumbsup:
  H2....imagine today’s warmer temps should get that sap flowing. I noticed sap buckets yesterday hanging in a park near my parking spot...pretty rough section of Albany, that was a first seeing them.
  Marv...captivating is a great word, lol....will put that one on the board today!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff...I know you guys get the maximum out of the ice season!!  :thumbsup:  Hopefully get one more trip up to LG, side job this Saturday putting a squash on my plans...might roll over into Sunday. Hope your arm is feeling better today!   :thumbsup:

This evening, I’m going to take my wife to see one of her favorite bands perform down near my workplace.  Fleetwood Mac is on tour, and it will probably be the last time we get to see them perform live again. Looking forward to that, only downside is the concert doesn’t begin until 8pm. Hopefully I won’t nod off, lol.
  Told my foreman I probably wouldn’t be in tomorrow which is another 4am start. Thinking a fishing trip may be doable however, locally anyway.
  Cawfee’s on....

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15269 on: Mar 20, 2019, 04:15 AM »

It's 24* and clear here on my hill, another moonlit night last night. ::)
                       Wally.........Congrats on the nice day out on the ice, good luck today. :thumbsup:
                       Eddie.........Have a nice time at the concert tonight, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :clap:
                       Bud...........I hope the new cable works for you. :flex:
                       Tom...........I hope your wife has a fast recovery and feels better soon. :thumbsup:
                       DFF............I bet you could have given the class yourself with your experience, congratulations on finishing it. :clap:
                       H2L...........The sugar houses are going full swing over here, most places have a vacuum system so no buckets, just tubing. :whistle:
                       Marv..........I'm glad to hear that your feeling better with the exercising doing the job. :clap:
                       Today I have an appointment in Albany with the orthopedic Dr. this morning, supposedly I will be able to loose the sling, but that's up to him.
               My shoulder feels great most of the time, but I do get some discomfort at times and when I put the sling back on it goes away, it could be from lack of
               use, after all the muscles are probably stiff from being in one position for six weeks. ??? Then I have another PT  appointment at 1 pm so it will be a long
               day in Albany.
                       I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out on the ice.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.