IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Modify ice lures?

<< < (2/6) > >>

CoachWalleye74:
Very cool SlipperyB and PyroZ.  As I said...going down a path that could get addictive (and expensive...those VMC treble hybrid blade hooks are $3 each!). 

slipperybob:
Tricking fish to bite something with hooks attached to it is way fun.  ;)

In the end most rigs becomes nothing more than a weight, a hook, and some bait.  I also like to jig in a bucket or in the fish tank to see how the rig works.  Helps to let me know how little motions gets the lure to quiver, bobble, dart, flutter, sink, etc.,...  Also to figure which rod imparts the best action on the rig.  Or even sometimes just how the lure free falls and flutters or wobble will give me ideas or clues if a fish will bite it.   

In the end, this is what all trial lures must beat.

The simple weight plus spinner blade rig.  Although the weight is from Hildebrandt's Thingamabob rig.

mushroom_capd_1:
Check out flyshack.com for the Saber resin trebles. Vexan also has some epoxy trebles avaliable for a decent price. I think one of the sponsers named Shark has some available as well on EBAY.
Mudhole is a great place to get small Colorado blades or other styles of blades as well as glow, prism, or other types of tapes you can add to your spoons. I've also added some of those soft rubber glow beads over the eye onto the hook shank on some trebles as well, I think Mudhole or Cabelas might have those.

CoachWalleye74:
Following up with a the mods from this winter using great ideas from this group and others.

slipperybob:
nice, hopefully you get some good success with them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version