Author Topic: hand held cam  (Read 707 times)

Offline coldoutside

• Team IceShanty Regular
hand held cam
« on: Mar 06, 2021, 10:15 AM »
Thinking about getting a small hand held ice cam. Who makes the best one? Reviews on all of them seem they have some problems. Thanks

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: hand held cam
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2021, 10:40 AM »
This topic gets beaten to death ..you best best is do an IS SEARCH on the particular makes and models your intrested in.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2021, 08:04 AM »
Thinking about getting a small hand held ice cam. Who makes the best one? Reviews on all of them seem they have some problems. Thanks

Ok, are you looking for an underwater camera?  They are not hand held unless you have a very, verrry long arm to get to the bottom of the lake.   Or, are you looking for an action camera, such as a GoPro?

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2021, 08:50 AM »
Aqua Vu Micro Revolution 5 Pro. Have one and love it. I upgraded mine to a bigger micro sd card internally so I can record more. There's a 30% off coupon code for them too, PM me if you want it.

Offline Knife2sharp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2021, 12:21 PM »
Marcum Pursuit HD looks to be the top candidate, small and compact, yet, has the option to plug into a TV via HDMI cable.  I currently own a VS485c and an Aqua Vu HD 7i Pro.  I like this type of unit for my Ice Castle, otherwise, I'd need to mount something to secure the unit/screen.  I am highly considering the Pursuit for my excursions where I'm not using a permy. 
I don't post on IceShanty often, but when I do - #Legendary

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2021, 03:07 PM »
I use the Marcum Recon 5+ to scout out spearing holes.  It's compact to fit in my pocket and I like that the screen shows the depth of the camera along with the direction it's facing.  Helps me gauge weed height in reference to total depth and the N/S/E/W direction indicator helps in sighting in the surrounding landscape prior to me cutting in a large spearing hole.  I don't use the recording or picture taking features and once I select my location it gets put back in the case.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2021, 03:53 PM »
As others have said - spend some time in the IS search.  This topic has been discussed many times in the past.  Not sure if you are planning on keeping the camera down the hole to monitor the fish in your area or use for scouting - so will answer what I do.

I have the Marcum Recon 5+.  Got this unit because I want the direction the camera is pointing, depth and water temp.  If I didn't have this unit, I would get the Marcum Pursuit.  Have not seen it in person, but from the videos that I have seen -  this is the best camera picture of all the units.  I use my camera to scout the area for weeds and fish, then I pull it up and use my flasher.  I don't leave the camera down there. 

I also looked at the Aqua View 5.0 (? Revolution) unit - I like their cable management system, but the Marcum camera is better in my opinion so, this is the way that I went. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.