The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hebgen tournament  (Read 3853 times)

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
Re: Hebgen tournament
« Reply #30 on: Jan 08, 2016, 09:25 AM »
Right back atcha Bighof!
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline gso12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 08, 2016, 10:19 AM »
I was at hebgan yesterday. There is no slush for now. The ice looked to be about a foot thick but I didn't measure it.
]

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #32 on: Jan 10, 2016, 10:22 PM »
I was at hebgan yesterday. There is no slush for now. The ice looked to be about a foot thick but I didn't measure it.

NO slush???  Oh...be still my heart ;D
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline frdell84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 11, 2016, 10:28 AM »
I've always wanted to do this, just never sure how productive the fishing would be.

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #34 on: Jan 11, 2016, 01:25 PM »
No slush,... yet anyway. frdell - Its all relative... as long as your more productive catching rainbows than the other teams, then its all gravy. I'm pretty productive at catching browns and whitefish unfortunately!

Offline Mtfisher1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 15, 2016, 03:19 PM »
Hello everyone I look forward to fishing the tournament!  Does anyone know if a four wheeler would work for getting around the ice?  Thanks. 

Offline Dasmoose

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 15, 2016, 07:53 PM »
Work commitments are keeping me away this year but have fished it twice. Once with a sled, once without. Prefished hard both years we fished it and always had success with putting good fish on the ice until tourney day. Sled didn't help us or lack of hurt us in my opinion. The community and group that put it on do the best they can to show everyone a good time. Will fish it every year I can as long as they keep coming back. best of luck to all those heading out this year.  Conditions look to be the best yet.

Offline Mtfisher1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 15, 2016, 11:54 PM »
Thanks for the info!

Offline KeeghanL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 16, 2016, 08:33 PM »
When is it?

Offline HuntMT4Life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 16, 2016, 10:42 PM »
Tomorrow

Offline fishin4food

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish on !
« Reply #40 on: Jan 17, 2016, 09:44 AM »
Well im the guy  talking about  all the  rules...i was just saying for me  its  alot of rules...ive neaver fished
in a tournament...i understand  they have to have rules..my wife and i have to walk on the lake  we dont own
4 wheelers or snowmobiles   and where i fish on that lake  seems to far for me to walk with my two sleds.
plus  i dont know how to keep fish alive out there,,been days at minus 20  somedays  minus 30
3 feet of snow on the lake  3 feet of ice...the fish would  freeze at that temperature fast...
ok  so please tell  me  how did  you all enjoy the tournament  this year  did you all get some fish?
it sounds like past event's   everyone had a great time.  Im going to have to try it out once.
Ill have to save  cash  for that.....but i might join you guys next years tourney...
hope your not upset by what i said about the rules,,,i was just surprised by it all  its a different
world  in a tournament...im just not used to it......yet!
thanks
Fishin4food
JOEY  SMITH  FISHIN4FOOD

Offline hk_willow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 18, 2016, 05:24 PM »
This sounds like a fantastic event!  Its been on my radar for a couple years and I haven't made it a priority.  I really need to adjust my priorities!!!  Plus I need a hard core fishing partner to do this with, for some reason all of my fishing partners keep moving to Oregon!  Boo!

Offline Strippnthedream

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep ur knots tight and ur lines tighter!
« Reply #42 on: Jan 18, 2016, 07:26 PM »
This sounds like a fantastic event!  Its been on my radar for a couple years and I haven't made it a priority.  I really need to adjust my priorities!!!  Plus I need a hard core fishing partner to do this with, for some reason all of my fishing partners keep moving to Oregon!  Boo!

I would strongly recommend doing it. funnest tourney I've done by far.
Luv2strip

So good with my rod I make fish come!

Offline creepincm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 18, 2016, 08:53 PM »
You obviously can't keep fish alive in those conditions.  All they want is for them to be fresh.  Get a bucket and put water in it when you catch fish and all is good.  I personally like the rules, keeps people away who take advantage of less stricter tournaments.

Offline jriepe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 18, 2016, 10:15 PM »
I'll be headed up for some of the clinics and to learn some new stuff but probably wont be competing!

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #45 on: Jan 19, 2016, 09:23 AM »
I definitely learn more by competing and the BS sessions that are constant when we all get together. Got to prefish with some good guys too, both fun and informative. :tipup:

Offline GOOSE_EGG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rip'n Lips [URL=http://s1208.photobucket.com/user/
« Reply #46 on: Jan 19, 2016, 09:22 PM »
The rules are great! It's not hard to fallow. It's to keep cheating out and to the dude that is talking about the rules and having to walk 3 of the top 10 teams were walkers and there was 3' of snow! The derby is ran flawlessly other than the head guy not knowing the boundary lines.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.