The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Christmas presents  (Read 2756 times)

Offline whiptail

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Christmas presents
« Reply #30 on: Dec 26, 2013, 08:53 AM »
Well folk I just read from top to bottom and I started a new Christmas tradition if the Ice is safe a bunch met at mom and dads there on Church and we went after Pike. Didn't get any Pike but the kids caught Jumbo 3 & 4" Perch and to top that my cousins husband from Ireland caught a nice 4+# Bull Trout on 2# test. My daughter got some picks and video . Now that was the best Christmas Present for me. :tipup: :tipup: :icefish: :icefish: :) :) :) :) :)   
Whiptail
Pete's Tackle Shop

Offline double_a85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 26, 2013, 09:20 AM »
I got a Marcum Showdown dual beam... some tip up line...

Also landed some accessories for the new wall tent--- a nice cot being one of em...

Most fun was seeing my 18 month old nephew--- only get to see him a couple times a year since my sis and brother in law live in Utah... They sure grow up quick when ya only see em a couple times a year!

Offline mthuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 26, 2013, 09:50 AM »
I didn't "get" anything for the ice this year...however I got a couple new rods to replace some broken ones and last night I decided that I wanted a Lowrance Elite 4 Ice Machine.  I'm not sure if it exactly what I wanted but the price was right and about 1/2 the cost of the LX7 that I really wanted.

Offline Wapiti406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 26, 2013, 02:03 PM »
I got a new Mr. Heater portable Buddy heater.  This replaces my old heater/cooker, (the old-school open burner that sounds like a jet engine and produces enough CO to snuff you out.)  Also, as a non ice-related gift, I got a Leupold RCX2 trail cam system.  Pretty excited about both.

Offline blavinder27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Dec 26, 2013, 02:10 PM »
I got a new Mr. Heater portable Buddy heater.  This replaces my old heater/cooker, (the old-school open burner that sounds like a jet engine and produces enough CO to snuff you out.)  Also, as a non ice-related gift, I got a Leupold RCX2 trail cam system.  Pretty excited about both.

Just know you have to take the camera down before hunting season. Montana has the strange rule that you can have a trail cam up during the off season but not during the season. Hoping they change that rule soon. Not quite sure why that rule has been imposed here and is legal in other states.

Offline UncleFarm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 26, 2013, 02:51 PM »
I gave my niece and nephew custom skinning knives with their names on the sheaths and nephew got an ice fishing rod. Niece wont be caught Dead on the ice, but she caught her first at three years old ( "..monter fish bown towt.." as she called it at the time lol ) so she is already a seasoned outdoorswoman even if not on hard water. Merry Christmas, everybody! Be good to those little ones-- if we keep teaching them right they are going to take great care of Montana when we aren't around to  :)
:tipup: Helena Hand-Auger :tipup:

Online SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #36 on: Dec 26, 2013, 03:42 PM »
Well, judging by the replies on this thread, it seems to me that all of us iceheads must have been on the "nice list". Then again, why wouldn't we be...............LOL

Offline mtjohn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Dec 26, 2013, 07:08 PM »
I got a humminbird Ice 35, mitts for my wheeler, a new gun rack that'll carry an auger for my wheeler, and a cup holder for my wheeler.
MT

Offline Mogi

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 26, 2013, 07:18 PM »
Forschner 6" fillet and 8" boning knives...and some cold weather base layers...and bunch of time with family.

Offline williev18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 26, 2013, 07:28 PM »
Shanty clause was nice to me, I got an otter sled, 4 folding bar stools for the shanty, and a pair of LL bean water proof gloves.

Offline rippinlips25

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 26, 2013, 07:51 PM »
i must of been good this year santa brought me cabelas gift cards, jigs/lures, and a new ice suit

Offline MTMizzou

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 26, 2013, 08:28 PM »
My wife made me a sled (she's the handy one, not me), and she has a new auger on order. With the money my folks and grandma sentme, I have an LX5 on order...
Mizzou-Rah!

Online SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #42 on: Dec 27, 2013, 06:02 PM »
My wife made me a sled (she's the handy one, not me), and she has a new auger on order. With the money my folks and grandma sentme, I have an LX5 on order...
Nice haul MTMizzou.....Good luck out there with your new equipment!!

Offline Montana89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Dec 27, 2013, 07:24 PM »
Got myself my first auger. Eskimo 8 in. hand auger (gonna get ripped lol). got a pole holder for deadstickin. and got myself a new HT pole. plus some new jigs and stuff. 

It's All Nice On Ice Alright

Offline Yelloweyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Dec 27, 2013, 07:44 PM »
got a handful of new jigs to try, some new tipup line, just the basics for me this year..

Offline hamachi51

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Dec 27, 2013, 08:18 PM »
Gift certificates and cash. Gotta get to Missoula as my pocket is on fire!

Offline MTHarpooner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Dec 27, 2013, 09:01 PM »
Santa was good to me this year! I got a Vexilar FL8-SE Genz flasher and some snappy Vexilar bibs! Also got a new 4# fillet knife and best of all a Kevlar filleting glove!!! I'm kind accident-prone, and it's a wonder I still have all my fingers (and toes, for that matter). Tried em out at Vogel on Christmas. Only landed one rainbow, but it was still way fun!

Offline Mogi

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Dec 28, 2013, 10:12 AM »
You got hooked up!!!

Offline gregv17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 28, 2013, 05:46 PM »
Got a variety of lures. PK spoons, some of Whiptail's stuff, some tungsten jigs. And some wool socks - always good to keep the toes warm.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.