The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: soft water fishing reports  (Read 4860 times)

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: soft water fishing reports
« Reply #30 on: Mar 17, 2013, 08:52 PM »
The softwater season is 3x longer than ice, its alot easier to get burnt out on a forum over 9 months than it is the 3 months of hardwater we all look forward to every year. In the last week the montana boards on ice shanty have just about died. The only way to make my fish finder more active is to post over there, no matter what it wont see near the traffic that shanty gets. Take what you want from it, and contribute if you feel like it, some of us will be there off and on, with or without you.

Offline curdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Mar 17, 2013, 09:50 PM »
im new and will post what i do i do spend a fair amount of time on the rivers was sad to see the ice going but always enjoy some sunshine and my pontoon boat

Offline Tacojuan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Mar 18, 2013, 01:09 PM »
Don't get me wrong I'm going to use MFF and have already posted some I was just making a point. It seems odd to me that there's more open water fisherman and less activity on the open water board. Maybe ice fisherman are just more die hard I don't know

Offline double_a85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Mar 18, 2013, 03:12 PM »
I post on both sites--- I think this gets more activity because ice fishing is more of a social event. During soft water when you have lots of boats crowded in a good area trolling, ect. the stress tends to build, thus less people willing to talk about the good fishing trips. My guess anyway--- I try to keep the same attitude about fishing in Summer and Winter.

Offline hardwater81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Mar 18, 2013, 09:01 PM »
I just got set up on mff and hopefully its as helpfull as ice shanty. Dose mff have reports for specific bodies of water like ice shanty dose?

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #35 on: Mar 18, 2013, 09:05 PM »
Most of the states do.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #36 on: Mar 22, 2013, 03:18 PM »
The Montana section on MFF is a lot more dis organized than it is on IS.  It's not as user friendly because anyone can start a new thread about a lake or river.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Mar 24, 2013, 08:51 AM »
There's a lot of highly active fishing forums that have been around for years.  A lot of people stick to those as well. 

Offline Stephan_K

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Mar 24, 2013, 08:16 PM »
There's a lot of highly active fishing forums that have been around for years.  A lot of people stick to those as well.

And what forums might those be?  Always lookin for forums to frequent.  What you throw out here might already be on my list...

Offline Buckshot86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Mar 24, 2013, 09:59 PM »
Montana Catfish Association

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Mar 24, 2013, 10:01 PM »
Personally, I find a lot of boat/electronics/tackle/etc knowledge from IDOfishing.com, walleyecentral.com and thenextbite.tv forums, there's several pros who post and offer advice from their names and even the respective show personalities post on the regular.. I don't even watch those shows, but after so many google searches when finding the answers to my research on those forums, I joined.  IDO has a lot of state specific forums, but Montana isn't amongst them, so that part is out.     Reports don't go too far for me anways, on ice it's nice to hear thickness or snow cover, but if you hear about the bite, it's probably over anyways,  but I still do spend a little time on MFF.

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Mar 24, 2013, 11:54 PM »
In depth outdoors is one of the only fishing shows i can stomach, they post all there full episodes on youtube. Ive stumbled across the forum a couple times while researching, i might have to join up!

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Mar 25, 2013, 01:52 PM »
I might have to check one out sometime if I get bored enough.  In general I can't stand fishing shows.  I don't need to see 28 minutes of advertisements and 2 minutes of actual fishing... That and I know a few guys who have been on outdoor shows, a lot of phony stuff goes behind the scenes. 

Offline Buckshot86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Mar 25, 2013, 02:01 PM »
It is because most these people fish private water or are taken care of by classy resorts in extreme corners of the world. Same thing with hunting shows on private property or canned hunts. I like In-Fisherman, they fish alot of my home water in Minnesota such as LoW, public water.

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Mar 25, 2013, 02:42 PM »
Ya, you should check out some of them, they always say where theyre at, and its all fishing. Theres always a bit of product plugging, but these guys are real tasteful about it. Another really good one is uncut angling.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Mar 25, 2013, 07:40 PM »
I've watched a few of those guys's clips, I enjoyed them, they seem legit. 

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #46 on: Mar 26, 2013, 02:04 PM »
Ya, you should check out some of them, they always say where theyre at, and its all fishing. Theres always a bit of product plugging, but these guys are real tasteful about it. Another really good one is uncut angling.

Uncut and Indepth are two of my favorites.  Real dudes out fishing for the love of the sport.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.