The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: nevada creek perch  (Read 4263 times)

Offline mt.perchman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • big perch hunter !
nevada creek perch
« on: Dec 19, 2011, 08:36 PM »
fished on sunday with my son we caught 15 perch. any body going try inbetween the points in 38 to 39 ft . try green glow jigs with perch eyes . still about same size 7" to 9".still about 10" of ice.  good luck!!!!  any body fish pishkin yet or split rock.
Dreaming of a full bucket.

Offline albo

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: nevada creek perch
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2011, 10:34 PM »
thanks for the info, I have been fishing closer to the dam with varied success and getting skunked more often than not
if you're too busy to go fishing, you're too busy

Offline mt.perchman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • big perch hunter !
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2011, 05:41 AM »
glad to help out. my total for the wekend was 48 perch. wife says you can fishevery weekend when you bring home perch!!!!!!!! just love to fish !!!! could be the peace time also  lol.

Offline gblomquist

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2011, 08:21 PM »
fished today from 8 to 2.  iced close to 40 with a handful of nice sized perch. ice is still good with about 10 or more inches but it has about five inches of snow on it from this mornings storm.

Offline mt.perchman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • big perch hunter !
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2011, 08:32 PM »
glad to hear you caught some perch. drove to deerlodge this morn in a complete white out about 6 am. off friday will fish on split rock.hope to have a great report.

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2011, 09:32 AM »
guys can you please put this info in the Fishing reports and Conditions section ...there is a Nevada Creek Reservoir section already there...

Thanks...this help keep all the info in one place

Offline albo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2011, 11:21 AM »
There sure is Nep, but I don't think the rookies with 5 posts can see that..I could be wrong.

Offline bitterroot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2011, 11:30 AM »
Albo I think you are right. I am pretty new to this site and when I seen Neptunes post I looked all over for the "reports and conditions" section and havent found it.   Guess I need to chime in a little more. 

Bullelk34

« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2011, 11:31 AM »
There sure is Nep, but I don't think the rookies with 5 posts can see that..I could be wrong.

I only go there for info on a specific lake, I would rather browse posts in the general section myself. I've met some pretty great folks in this section, and made some great friends. Friends I actually see face-to-face- and fish, have coffee, and camp with. If you think about it, just about every post in here could be put somewhere else. IE- Tipups>Equipment, Corn>Bait, and so on.... I see this as a place for Montanans in general to talk without being restricted too much. It seems to really upset a few people though. 

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2011, 01:07 PM »
I think you need a total of 5 posts before you can read or post to the reports section.  It was done to encourage lurkers to contribute.

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2011, 03:22 PM »
This is just chit chat about the lake not actual reports.  I'd rather see chit chat and visiting on this side rather than on the part for actual reports.  When people are B.S.ing in the reports and conditions page I get ticked off.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Bullelk34

« Reply #11 on: Dec 22, 2011, 04:06 PM »
Very well stated Jay  :)

Offline Lamnidae

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 22, 2011, 04:31 PM »
I sort of see both sides of the argument for one reason: the chit chat that goes on in this forum often tips me off to which areas are hot at a given time.  It's often how I decide where I'm going to head for the weekend.  On the other hand, in the body specific report areas, you either have to read every report within driving distance or get clued in by something someone says in the general forum.  Not to mention that it's sometimes annoying to have to go to the end of an 8 page thread to find out if there's even a recent report.  I'd say four good general rules (at least I'm going to try to do this from now on) might be:

1. Always post reports without other conversation in the water body specific forum
2. Mix in report information if it's relevent to other converation (e.g. bait discussion and you say "this or that worked great for me Saturday...")
3. Try to not hijack threads (I realize I'm contributing to it here)
4. Try to make your posts worthwhile and relevant (there are a few members here who have literally never posted anything constructive)

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 22, 2011, 06:57 PM »
Way to d-rail a thread...on a side not, fished Nevada creek today, any of you guys fish it lately or we just talking about shanty rules here?

Offline gblomquist

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 22, 2011, 08:28 PM »

I only go there for info on a specific lake, I would rather browse posts in the general section myself. I've met some pretty great folks in this section, and made some great friends. Friends I actually see face-to-face- and fish, have coffee, and camp with. If you think about it, just about every post in here could be put somewhere else. IE- Tipups>Equipment, Corn>Bait, and so on.... I see this as a place for Montanans in general to talk without being restricted too much. It seems to really upset a few people though.

Thanks Bullelk, I was just trying to shine some light. Hope to see ya out there fishing...and I will give ya a cup of coffee, lol.

Offline albo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 22, 2011, 09:23 PM »
hey gblomquist, not sure of the specifics on the number of postings needed, but eventually you will see two sections under Montana in the Ice Shanty Community. One will be the ice fishing Montana where this thread is and the other will be Montana fishing reports and conditions. The second one is water body specific and has multiple pages to search through. If by some reason you can't find your preferred fishing spot, you can request to add it. There is a specific thread to accomplish this, but you will be asked to provide some detailed info that can be found at the MT Fish Wildlife and Parks site. They have a MT fisheries information system data base that covers everything from location to species to stocking information. Anyway welcome to the site and thanks for participating

Offline mt.perchman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • big perch hunter !
« Reply #16 on: Dec 23, 2011, 08:33 AM »
hello fisherpeople didnt get my rule book when i signed up. its now coming back to me why i didnt join before.you all have a great season !!! will keep all reports to my self !!!!!!!!

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 23, 2011, 10:50 AM »
Mt don't worry bout it man, Neptune thinks he's a moderator or something, I think half the threads I've looked at lately hes on there griping about this crap, if there's a reason why general discussion about a.lake can't be discussed in the general discussion area, then maybe that should be stated at the top of the page, this vigilante moderation is starting to piss me off!

Offline wolfkiller

• IceShanty Rookie
  • take the old women she might be worth one donkey!
« Reply #18 on: Dec 23, 2011, 10:56 AM »
i agree lundin-loading. its all good info, just post it. we are all here to help each other.

Bullelk34

« Reply #19 on: Dec 23, 2011, 11:04 AM »
Mt don't worry bout it man, Neptune thinks he's a moderator or something, I think half the threads I've looked at lately hes on there griping about this crap, if there's a reason why general discussion about a.lake can't be discussed in the general discussion area, then maybe that should be stated at the top of the page, this vigilante moderation is starting to piss me off!

I'm in agreement as well- I can't see where "too much" information is a bad thing. I could see if the reports threads weren't being updated at all, but they are.

So please stick around mtperchman, I'm sure you have plenty to contribute and will make a few friends like most of us have-

and blomquist, I take my coffee black    ;)

Offline mslajiggy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 23, 2011, 11:22 AM »
trying to get 5 posts... urgh this is frustrating

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Dec 23, 2011, 11:24 AM »
Hit 5 threads and reply with,"nice"

Offline Robbi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Dec 23, 2011, 11:35 AM »
hello fisherpeople didnt get my rule book when i signed up. its now coming back to me why i didnt join before.you all have a great season !!! will keep all reports to my self !!!!!!!!

Your book was probably sent USPS and in that case it could take a while to get to you.  You didn't get a tracking number?  It wouldn't help, I've got some Christmas presents in oblivion also..........Anyway, until it comes just come in and post.  This place is no different than any other forum type site on the net.  Come, take what you want, deal with whom you choose to and let the rest roll off.  There are people on here that I don't deal with or talk to, but occasionally they post something useful.........then there are others that I've met in person and they're great people and glad to help this rookie..........

So stick around.........lurk if you want.....but, post and join in....it's really a pretty good site with pretty good people..

Offline mslajiggy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 23, 2011, 12:56 PM »
Post # 5.  Hopefully that works and can start contributing to the lake specific info

Offline i c

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 23, 2011, 01:29 PM »
Neptune is a great guy. he is just going off for some reason.. just post where you want, what you want. we are glad to have any and all info, glad to have you and tight lines. maybe il meet you on the ice someday.

Offline iceholer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Dec 23, 2011, 05:04 PM »
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
when hell freezes over ill ice fish there to

Offline mtjohn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 23, 2011, 08:15 PM »
The reasoning behind posting fishing reports in the fishing reports section is because people who don't contribute to the forum can't see it.  If fishing reports get posted where non-members can read them; it defeats the purpose of becoming a member. I have met Neptune before and he is a nice guy. I think he just wants to keep shanty info to the shanty members.  I know that he has posted some really useful info and has been on here for several years.

Offline HVFD14

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't ask...I can't tell.
« Reply #27 on: Dec 24, 2011, 09:45 AM »
Enough!  Holy smokes it's starting to sound like a hen house.  Let's just all go fishing and have a beer.
  BE THERE!

Offline i c

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Dec 24, 2011, 09:57 AM »
great idea,,where is everyone going to try Christmas weekend?? and Merry Christmas to everyone. tight lines

Offline troutmanolsen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 24, 2011, 10:37 AM »
I tried Nevada Creek yesterday.  We found the perch but it was too dang cold.  My hands stopped working properly because they were so numb after about an hour and one of my rods snapped (I assume from the cold) so I called it quits.  The fish were pretty deep- about 40 feet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.