Author Topic: Blaze Orange Wool Bibs  (Read 5961 times)

Offline Auger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chicks dig blaze orange!
Blaze Orange Wool Bibs
« on: Nov 03, 2005, 01:56 PM »
Anybody out there got a line on blaze orange wool bib overalls?  I've had the Gallitin Range Wool Bibs from Columbia since they first came out.  I love them.  They are the warmest thing I've ever worn on the ice (or in a deerstand).  They are getting a little ragged as I wear them a lot, but the real problem is the size.  I've lost about 60 lbs since last November and the bibs were baggy then.  Now you can barely see me in them.  When I tried them on yesterday my wife spit out her coffee and ran for the camera.  Between spasms of uncontrolled laughter she exlpained that I looked like a 5 year old playing dress-up in my father's hunting clothes.  Fortunately, I was able to shed my cavernous woolen tent before she got a picture snapped.

I need another set of bibs and these thing are the best, but they only come in Camo, which isn't the end of the world.  I just got to thinking that if I could find some in Blaze they'd serve more of a dual purpose where rifle season is concerned. 

I've scoured the internet with little to no luck.  I searched Dick's, Cabelas, Reeds, Thorne Bros., Gander, Woolrich, Sportsman's Guide, Sports Authority, MC Sports... and on and on.  Blaze wool must be tough or expensive to make.  Around here at least, most guys swear by wool and bibs for a lot of situations.  You'd think the combination would be readily available.

Help a former fat-a$$ out.  If you know of a specialty retailer or something I haven't though of please let me know.
High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement .

Seattle Seven Member #000003

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Blaze Orange Wool Bibs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2005, 02:17 PM »
try this place.  http://www.upnorthgeneralstore.com/bemidji/bemidji_minnesotawoolbibs.html

There is another company called Codet Inc. that I believe makes an orange wool bib, but I cannot find a web site.  Check on google and type in Codet Inc. to find a supplier. 

Woolrich has blaze orange wool pants, but not bibs.  Hope this helps.  I'm trying to shed a few pounds myself before the ice gets here.   ;D
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline Auger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2005, 02:25 PM »
try this place.  http://www.upnorthgeneralstore.com/bemidji/bemidji_minnesotawoolbibs.html

There is another company called Codet Inc. that I believe makes an orange wool bib, but I cannot find a web site.  Check on google and type in Codet Inc. to find a supplier. 

Woolrich has blaze orange wool pants, but not bibs.  Hope this helps.  I'm trying to shed a few pounds myself before the ice gets here.   ;D
I actually ordered a set from Bemidji Woolen Mills through that very link.  I'm waiting for them to arrive but was told through the grapevine that I wouldn't be impressed.  Nothing at Codet that interested me the last itme I looked, but I'll check again.  I didn't remember them in the bibs search, thanks.
Good luck with the weight loss.  The outcome is worth the misery, trust me.  I still have 20 to go but I already feel like a damn gazelle.  I can't wait to bend over and hand scoop my first giant gill out of the hole without popping a blood vessel in my head.

Offline Nozzlejocky

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wisconsin...where God goes to relax!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2005, 09:50 PM »
Let us know how the Bemidgi Woolen bibs turn out.  I was looking at getting some myself, due in large part to being made in US as far as I remember.  But if they're not good, I'll look elsewhere.

Offline Fish Stick

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2005, 10:19 PM »
Try graywolfwoolens.com. Not cheap, but they look nice.
If your only tool is a hammer, all of your problems start looking like nails.

Offline Auger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2005, 08:47 AM »
Let us know how the Bemidgi Woolen bibs turn out.  I was looking at getting some myself, due in large part to being made in US as far as I remember.  But if they're not good, I'll look elsewhere.
They are OK.  All the hardware seems to be top notch.  The fit is nice.  They just aren't as thick and warm as the Columbias.  I wore them for deer season with an extra layer of fleece underneath.  I was pleased.  If you want blaze, I would say to check them out yourself.  If camo is what you're looking for, there are better wool bibs out there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.