Author Topic: Ice suits to fit women  (Read 2016 times)

Offline markacruciani

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice suits to fit women
« on: Dec 14, 2010, 04:22 PM »
I see icechick in one thread has a Strikemaster suit but my wife is looking for one and is dismayed at the lack of any women's sizing (no surprise)   Thinking Snosuit but I've heard from a dealer that Ice Armor fits best in the bibs since the straps are different.  I suspect the chest area would be the biggest problem but there are certainly plenty of skiing bibs and they don't look all that different!

Any recommendations from the ladies would be appreciated.

Offline Mr_Jigster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice suits to fit women
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2010, 09:05 AM »
Sorry, not a lady, but I bought my wife an ice armor ladies suit for X-mas.  It hasnt arrived yet, but when it does I can tell you how they fit/if she likes it.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2010, 09:10 AM »
Try Cabela's...I notice that they have women's hunting clothing, so you might find something there.

Personally, I buy men's stuff for outdoor activities. For some reason many brands charge extra for the same things just because it says "womens" on the tag.   ???
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline markacruciani

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2010, 09:19 AM »
Thanks - didn't realize they made one in women's sizing - looks like a new product.

Sorry, not a lady, but I bought my wife an ice armor ladies suit for X-mas.  It hasnt arrived yet, but when it does I can tell you how they fit/if she likes it.

Offline Mr_Jigster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2010, 09:36 AM »
Ya, I know they had it out last year.  Its the Red/Grey suit.  I ordered her's from Reeds, $225 with free shipping.

Offline Krazykaiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2010, 12:48 PM »
I bought my wife a one piece snosuit on close out in sept of 09.  It fit her great! She stopped complaining of being too cold and instead she's too warm now  ;D

Offline Ryderr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2010, 12:57 PM »
I have the ice armor regular bibs (black ones). They fit great (especially for layering), and keep me super warm! I used to freeze on the ice, and never ventured outside the shanty, until  these. Heck I am trying to get the Mr. out of the shanty now! I have never had a warmer pair of bibs than these and they arent nearly as expensive as the suits. The sizes run small, I got the medium (Im 5'3" and 150lbs) and I kind of wished I went with the large for more room for layers but the medium fits fine, and its not too tall. I use them for snowmobiling and for fishing and they keep me warm doing both.
I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there. -Robert Altman

Offline markacruciani

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 26, 2010, 12:18 PM »
OK, thanks for all the replies.   She went with $ki-Doo branded Absolute Zero
touring apparel.   Our dealer gave us 40% off so it actually would be cheaper than
a Snosuit.

The Ice Armor ladies suit appears to also be the same as their youth models so without
trying it on, she was concerned whether it'd be cut in the hips correctly.  We couldn't
find any around.  It was also red..

Offline Mr. Shanny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When the goin' gets tough, I go ice fishing!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2010, 08:02 PM »
My wife was looking for a "good ski suit" for when she goes skiing with the kids. She is ALWAYS cold and can never find the "right system" to keep her warm.  She looked at a number of "Brand Name" ski suits, but they were too expensive and didn't look or feel all that warm.  I took her to look at the Ice Armor X for ladies and youth (the rose colored suit).  While she was trying it on, she could instantly feel the warmth.  If fit just right and felt really good. While in the store, she wanted to find a mirror so she could see what it looked like. The clerk took her to a close by mirror and by the time she returned to the Ice Armor section, she was sweating.....and that NEVER happens. We bought it!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   She took the kids skiing last Monday and didn't get cold! She said that there were points when she was roasting.  She said that has never happened in cold weather situations! :)   I'd say we found a winner!!!!    8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.