Author Topic: There is safe ice in North Jersey!  (Read 10794 times)

Offline Bukshot

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: There is safe ice in North Jersey!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 10, 2008, 04:00 PM »
Get ready to be aggravated.

Offline Itsallaboutcatchingem

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 10, 2008, 04:18 PM »
Bukshot, you beat me to it.
No, it's your turn!

Offline Bukshot

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 10, 2008, 04:38 PM »
You never know.  But I'll tell you one thing.... I'd rather have "homo" as you call him than Eli ( I'm definitely not Peyton ) Manning as my QB.
BTW I also wouldn't mind dating that "overated" blonde.  She looks pretty good to me.  I just saw Coughlin on SportsCenter.....  He said the Giants have some nice golf courses picked out for Monday.

Offline doodle

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • You gotta love the hard water.
« Reply #33 on: Jan 10, 2008, 05:56 PM »
Gints have a chance. Its a very small one but its a chance.

Offline radzicto

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Happiness is a big gutpile.
« Reply #34 on: Jan 11, 2008, 08:53 AM »
How about someone posting the conditions of the launch ramps at Waywayanda and Areoflex. I now one ice'er mentioned ice between the launch at wayway and the dam, Was the launch open for a boat to be launched? Second question, wayawy has 2 dam's if I remember correctly, the one to the left of the baot rental area(where there was still ice yesterday), the other one is almost straight out from the rental area on the shallow side of the 2 islands. Its not a long ride from Hamburg, but I would hate to drive up there to have to turn around and start looking for an open ramp. Thanks in advance guys.... :bow:

Offline KingKool

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lunker Hunter
« Reply #35 on: Jan 11, 2008, 10:39 AM »
Eli Gump has played very well the last two weeks against a couple of the top pass D's in the league so he should have another good game vs the 'Girls weak secondary. If the D gets some pressure on butterfingers they definitely have a shot...and thats all i can ask for!!!
12 pro bowlers to 1! I guess we have no shot!!  ;D

To each their own but bad acting,bad song singing dumb blondes arent my thing but at least he upgraded from Carrie Underwear! Still has a way to go to upgrade to Brady's stash though...

That being said bring the cold weather back Mother Nature you _______!!! Feel free to insert any word you find suitable. :laugh:

Offline TonyTheIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 11, 2008, 12:45 PM »
How about someone posting the conditions of the launch ramps at Waywayanda and Areoflex. I now one ice'er mentioned ice between the launch at wayway and the dam, Was the launch open for a boat to be launched? Second question, wayawy has 2 dam's if I remember correctly, the one to the left of the baot rental area(where there was still ice yesterday), the other one is almost straight out from the rental area on the shallow side of the 2 islands. Its not a long ride from Hamburg, but I would hate to drive up there to have to turn around and start looking for an open ramp. Thanks in advance guys.... :bow:
As of two days ago, the boat ramp was iced over.
Tony

Offline Gorilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 12, 2008, 04:24 PM »
You never know.  But I'll tell you one thing.... I'd rather have "homo" as you call him than Eli ( I'm definitely not Peyton ) Manning as my QB.
BTW I also wouldn't mind dating that "overated" blonde.  She looks pretty good to me.  I just saw Coughlin on SportsCenter.....  He said the Giants have some nice golf courses picked out for Monday.

Gmen are going to stomp the Cowhores tomorrow......  If not that ice better hurry up and get here.

Do Not underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #38 on: Jan 13, 2008, 04:57 AM »
Well with safe ice, get out there and fish  :laugh:
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Sub Zero

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Ice?
« Reply #39 on: Jan 13, 2008, 07:10 PM »

I think you meant the Cowboys will have some nice courses picked out! :P
People think we're crazy but we know better!

Offline radzicto

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 14, 2008, 08:03 AM »
I don't know about safe ice, but I got the boat out Saturday at Waywayanda. Took an hour while I was waiting for my 2 buds. Backed down to the ice, got in the boat on the trailer, tossed the anchor with the rope attached, repeated until I had a launch hole. Had about 10-15 feet of open water out from the shoreline to the skim ice along the shore and pushed the boat along with the paddle. About 100 feet from the launch and clear sailing. As for the fishing, it was slow, 2 light hits and no hookups. January 12 and we were out in the boat. Most of the lake was clear of ice. Only the backs of the coves and the shallow protected water had any ice on it. Depending on the weather, I'm going to try it again, the trout and salmon have to hit if the conditions are right.

Some people might call it     :tipup:    :tipup:    :tipup:   fishing...  ;D :cookoo:

Offline nyr114

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 15, 2008, 06:10 PM »
With these cold temps coming up I'm expecting some more detailed reports on ice conditions from you NJ Icehunter! Just kidding. :laugh: I have to drive long way for safe ice but it's worth the fuel costs. I appreciate you guys who give reports on ice conditions it saves me from making a worthless trip sometimes. thanks.

Offline KingKool

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lunker Hunter
« Reply #42 on: Jan 17, 2008, 08:18 AM »
Well it looks like we will get some nice cold weather that we have been waiting for. Lets hope the D-Bags are right this time! I dont feel good about it since they are usually dead on,especially predicting that storm we were supposed to get on Sunday night.  >:(

Still on a high from beating the Cowpatties..GOOOOOO GIANTS!

Offline radzicto

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 17, 2008, 08:50 AM »
 ;D For what its worth, the small ponds are skimmed over this morning up in Sussex. Wet weather predicted almost every day except Monday at this point.  :whistle:

Offline KingKool

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lunker Hunter
« Reply #44 on: Jan 17, 2008, 01:13 PM »
I also noticed my thread of the Giants win is gone...hmmmm must be some bitter sour Cowplop fan!  :laugh:

And before someone tells me it isnt ice fishing related you will have to explain how Merry XMas or Happy New Year threads relate to ice fishing. If you can do that then i wont complain anymore!
If someone cant take a little ribbing then maybe they should take up ballet...

:'(

Offline Bukshot

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #45 on: Jan 17, 2008, 05:43 PM »
Congrats to all Giants fans.  They were the better team Sunday.  Should be good games this weekend also.  Hopefully by next weekend there will be ice in North Jersey good enough to fish.  Let's hope it stays cold.  Start hoping that the douchbag weathermen can come up with a cold forecast!  If it doesn't happen soon it's going to be too late. 

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #46 on: Jan 18, 2008, 01:21 PM »
I also noticed my thread of the Giants win is gone...hmmmm must be some bitter sour Cowplop fan!  :laugh:

And before someone tells me it isnt ice fishing related you will have to explain how Merry XMas or Happy New Year threads relate to ice fishing. If you can do that then i wont complain anymore!
If someone cant take a little ribbing then maybe they should take up ballet...

:'(

Hey,  I did not do it ::). i just look for vulgar language.  Has anyone done any ice fishing in the area???  I did not come up from AZ this year so I can not be blamed from warm weather this year. I would love to see some cool pics from this season :-)      J.

Offline Sub Zero

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Ice?
« Reply #47 on: Jan 18, 2008, 06:36 PM »
Hey,  I did not do it ::). i just look for vulgar language.  Has anyone done any ice fishing in the area???  I did not come up from AZ this year so I can not be blamed from warm weather this year. I would love to see some cool pics from this season :-)      J.

For all practical purposes JigAwhopper the season hasen't even started yet! Thus no pics yet.
People think we're crazy but we know better!

Offline nyr114

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Jan 19, 2008, 04:48 PM »
Has anyone checked out any lakes in sussex county? Does it look good for this week?

Offline NJ_ICE_HUNTER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Come on Cold!
« Reply #49 on: Jan 19, 2008, 04:51 PM »
Should be real good by next sat.....keep ya posted.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Jan 19, 2008, 06:16 PM »
Hey Hunter...Is highlands locked up and fishable?
No, it's your turn!

Offline NJ_ICE_HUNTER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Come on Cold!
« Reply #51 on: Jan 19, 2008, 06:58 PM »
locked up.....not fishable

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Jan 19, 2008, 08:48 PM »
Thanks
No, it's your turn!

Offline NJ_ICE_HUNTER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Come on Cold!
« Reply #53 on: Jan 20, 2008, 09:43 AM »
I guess I lied........it was skimmed over but most of it was open as of this morn..  Alot of the other small sheltered ponds around here have 1-2"

Offline projoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 21, 2008, 10:49 AM »
any reprts on anything its nice and cold but kinda windy. any report would be helpful kinda want to get out next sunday.

Offline Webguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lured into it, get reel!
« Reply #55 on: Jan 21, 2008, 10:56 AM »
A co-worker told me he saw people on Budd lake over the weekend.  :o
By Sunday we'll have lots of ice all over northern NJ.

Offline Tom101

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #56 on: Jan 21, 2008, 12:34 PM »
I drove by monksville sunday and saw 2 guys out...

Does anyone know how lake hopatcong state park is looking? Should it be ok by saturday??

Offline fishking 567

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Jan 21, 2008, 02:37 PM »
is there  a chance of being on a lake this weekend and if so were is the best bet?

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Jan 21, 2008, 03:00 PM »
Yes, Woodport, Landing  or State Park
No, it's your turn!

Offline fishking 567

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Jan 21, 2008, 03:34 PM »
were is that ?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum