The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Argghh.... the agony of de-heat!!!!  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
Argghh.... the agony of de-heat!!!!
« on: Dec 04, 2007, 10:38 AM »
Where's it coming from.   >:(  Two days ago it was below zero. Now above 50*.   :'(   

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline Whatpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Argghh.... the agony of de-heat!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2007, 04:12 PM »
65 here. I was going to try to make it out this weekend, but I don't feel like taking a cold water dip.  >:(
"Isn't he precious." My daughter looking at a 12" walleye
"The Green Hornet strikes again!"

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2007, 10:53 AM »
talk about HEAT!! I worked on my equipment all day sunday to go find ICE the next day instead woke up to flames at about 10:30 pm at some stupid peoples trailer who had a wood burning stove with one occupant on oxygen ,propane tank out front, wood piled against the house and the guy set his ash bucket out on the wood steps WITH FORTY MILE AN HOUR WINDS AND GUSTING :o WILL POST PICS LATER

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2007, 11:35 AM »
No plans yet.  Still got half an elk to butcher but that should be done tomorrow night. What cha thinkin??

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline Whatpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2007, 12:19 PM »
Supposed to be in the single digits for the lows, and high teens for the high the rest of the week. Looks like Sat. will be the coldest day. I am going to go to a reservoir about 70 miles away in hopes of that big pike that shook off last year.  :D :clap: Kids were riding 4-wheelers yesterday at the local pond, so there should be enough ice to walk on.  :woot: :thumbsup:
"Isn't he precious." My daughter looking at a 12" walleye
"The Green Hornet strikes again!"

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2007, 12:39 PM »
I dunno, how's ice out your way? I was contemplating G-town......I heard it's been a slayfest.
Don't know about the ice.  After the last couple of days, things might not be great. But the forecast is for colder weather for the next couple of days, something around here should be fishable. I am still waiting on my auger to show up in the mail.  Nils are supposed to be great augers but by the time it gets here I think I will have to hook it up to the canoe and use it as a trolling motor. 

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2007, 01:08 PM »
What do you think will be fishable?  ???

Just a guess but...
Regulating resevior, parts of Hauser, Spring Meadow pond

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.