The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: predict your best fish of 2008 season  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Bozeiceman

• Team IceShanty Addict
predict your best fish of 2008 season
« on: Nov 20, 2007, 11:32 PM »
OK Team Montana. I'm going out on a limb here (to keep things interesting) to predict I'll have a picture posted of a 20" brown and 20" Rainbow (caught through the ice) before April.
Any of you guys care to go out on a limb? Keep in mind If you do I'll be bugging you for the photo.
"The Green Hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about!"

Offline Dinga LING

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • <
Re: predict your best fish of 2008 season
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2007, 02:27 AM »
I know there will be several 10 to 15 pound Northerns but I predict that I will get at least one over 20 pounds.  18 was tops last year.

Give a man a fish,  he eats for a day.
Teach a man to fish,  he sits all day on the ice drinking beer.

Offline irishjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My Favorite Fishin Partner!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2007, 01:32 PM »
Jiggy , you come to NY Ill take you to 2 lakes that produce excellent opps for walleye , pike and lakers (usually catch lakers jigging for perch , awesome catching 20+" lakers on 2# test! )  and Ill come to Wyoming for backstraps! Whenever I start predicting my line goes limp , hope now thats another thing!
I spent all my money on fishin,huntin,and beer  , everything else was just a waste!
TEAM MIRC NYRC Official Mic Of Mirc

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2007, 01:39 PM »
How about some goals instead of predictions, mine are a 30+ inch ling and my first walleye and pike through the ice. Also would love to catch a laker through the ice, that would be another first. Other than that my goals are see how much beer I can drink, have fun be safe, and try some new lakes :afro:

Come to Peck with us the week of Feb 18th... We'll put you on the pike for sure. 

I didn't know you drank beer.  ;)2

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline Bozeiceman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2007, 08:28 PM »
No goals. I want to see predictions. Really I want to see pictures. My goal is to post a couple of nice ice caught fish on this site in 08. Looks like most of the fish survived the ******summer. Look like ice is forming everywhere we are off to a good start. I bought a couple south bend black ice super untra light cork handle really sweet rod for $14 each at the sportsmans warehouse. Also piced up a pair of quantum micro reel at $20 each along with 1,2,3,4,6,8,10 berkley micro ice braid. I should be all set. Still no power drill I am hoping to hang out with Jimaster 5000 for a georgetown and fort peck trip. We'll swiss chesse the place. ;
"The Green Hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.