The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ready for ICE!!!  (Read 22089 times)

Offline Whatpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Ready for ICE!!!
« on: Jul 26, 2007, 04:01 PM »
With all this heat  :P, I am definitely ready for some 10 - 20 degree weather on the ice  ;D. Anyone else?
"Isn't he precious." My daughter looking at a 12" walleye
"The Green Hornet strikes again!"

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
Re: Ready for ICE!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2007, 04:22 PM »
AMEN!! too many fat man advisory days lately.
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline penna

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • We Need Another Ice Age !
« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2007, 08:36 PM »
I know I'm ready for the ice hope we have a good year.I've been stocking a local pond here in Lawrence county pa for about 2 years now with all the fish I catch ice fishing. up until about 3 months ago you could walk around the pond and see bass ,crappies, blue gills but now you don't see any fish just nothing but busted fresh water clam shells all over the shore.too deep for raccoons about 12 feet the only thing I can figure is possibly a otter? so  I"ll have to catch some more fish this ice season.
May the LORD BLESS and keep each of you safe on the ice.

Offline XII Outdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • never fear the night, "The Star" shines bright
« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2007, 11:09 PM »
I just bought a "new" snow mobile to pull my shanty this year
first time in 3 years i dont have to walk
I cant hardly stand it, bring on the cold
XII Outdoors............Ti mes-Two Outdoors

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dreaming about big gills and crappies !!!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2007, 05:27 PM »
starting to cool off up here. only 48 this moring at 3am. Get the shack and the poles I'm headed to the lake to check for ice. ;D ;D ;D
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #5 on: Aug 23, 2007, 01:21 PM »
i cant wait!! im going nuts waiting for the ice

Offline Pork Rind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Aug 23, 2007, 03:04 PM »
i cant wait!! im going nuts waiting for the ice

ICE, ICE did someone say ICE, where is it at?????? :woot: :woot:

I'll drive!!!!! :clap: :clap:
Pork Rind

Clam Pro Staff, Vexilar Pro Staff, Lure Lipstick Pro Staff, Aqua-Vu Pro Staff

Offline PERCHPULLER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Perchpuller
« Reply #7 on: Aug 23, 2007, 07:17 PM »
this large guy is ready for some cool weather
All fishermen are liars except for you and me,and sometimes I wonder about you!

Offline Bozeiceman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Aug 23, 2007, 11:11 PM »
GODDAMM was it freaking HOT in this state or what! I am going to pack my bags and get out of here if we have another summer like that. I just hope we have some fish left. Hottest summer EVER 11 days over 100 what 40 something days over 90???
Yeh I'm ready snow ice wind bring it on. Not only that whole state is getting fished out. Team Montana better post some nice Montana fish this year. Yeh, sound alitte Bitter huh? 95 freaking degree every freaking day smoke, haze, sinus's drying up, looking for shade washing my down gear waiting for ice....
I'm ready
"The Green Hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about!"

Offline Whatpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Aug 24, 2007, 08:32 AM »
Went to Anchorage, Alaska to help my brother, Darkhousefisher, move up there from MT. We fished for silver salmon three days straight, and ate fish every night. Anyway, On Aug 4, when it was 95 - 100 here, I was wearing long johns limiting out on salmon. I thought "I wonder how them poor suckers in MT are doing?" And then I lost my train of thought as I hooked another fish. Then I got back to hell, I mean MT, to bear the heat again.
"Isn't he precious." My daughter looking at a 12" walleye
"The Green Hornet strikes again!"

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #10 on: Sep 18, 2007, 09:58 PM »
The Cold she is a commin'....it was 39 at 6am this morning...I could see my breath!!!

Buddy of mine says "Fire filled Summers equal Cold Winters"...hope he's right!

Good Fishing :tipup:

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #11 on: Sep 19, 2007, 12:53 PM »
Oh yeah, snow in the mountains boys!!!  snow level came down to about 5000ft last night snow all around the Flathead.... ;D

Good Fishing!

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Sep 20, 2007, 12:52 PM »
I had to scrape the frost off my windows for the first time this morning in Helena.  It's a good sign!   

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline Bozeiceman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Oct 01, 2007, 11:25 PM »
October 1st finally the heat is gone. Running saline through my nose..eyes turning white again it rained this weekend and I fished the bear trap caught a 22.5" brown on a streamer. I'll give you guys a tip an 8 weight is the way to go out there. First nice fish since April. I'm going to Hell Creek next weekend then a steelhead trip to Idaho then with any luck it will be ice time. Worst summer I ever saw.
"The Green Hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about!"

Offline PERCHPULLER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Perchpuller
« Reply #14 on: Nov 02, 2007, 07:17 AM »
you western guys are lucky in NY we are probably looking at late november at best for fishable ice >:(
All fishermen are liars except for you and me,and sometimes I wonder about you!

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Nov 05, 2007, 02:52 PM »
Things have heated up again.  I don't think we will even be on it till sometime in December.  Oh well...gives me time to butcher my game from hunting season.

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 09, 2007, 10:28 PM »
Got anything yet?

Got a real nice 5x6 mulie buck and 4 does today. I got two more doe tags left and then I concentrate on elk.  It was funny, my bother gave me a couple boxes of rounds that he got from a friend who found them in a trash can.  I wouldn't use them for elk but thought what the heck for deer.  Well I was shooting them all day long and my Dad thought he was seeing things.  Turns out they were tracer rounds.   :woot:  I never shot a deer with tracer rounds before. 

Offline Master Angler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 10" Hole = Less tales of the big one that got away
« Reply #17 on: Nov 09, 2007, 10:35 PM »
Now thats funny. :roflmao:  I guess in this case they could see what hit them! LOL.

Offline IrishIce99

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I am number 1. All others are number 2 or lower."
« Reply #18 on: Nov 11, 2007, 01:50 PM »
I felt like jumping for joy when i saw frozen puddles this morning...then it warmed up to 55... :-[
Support local bait and tackle shops --> Jay-Ve <br />   

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Nov 11, 2007, 11:01 PM »
Nice!! Sounds like you're puttin the meat away! Do you have a pic of your buck? Did ya get him at your dad's? The wife got a nice mulie buck yesterday, here's the pics on mhf. I'm going out this afternoon to bowhunt some whities form the treestand.

http://www.myhuntingforum.com/hunting_forum/index.php?topic=1482.15

I will post some pics soon.  I got him on a friends land.    That's a nice buck your wife got, but you got to teach her to shoot them closer to the truck!

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Nov 12, 2007, 11:37 PM »
LOL I would, we were hunting public land and there was a stream of rigs containing orange clad nimrods driving up and down the road all day....get 1 1/2 miles from the truck though....

This boy almost jumped in the back of the truck.  Call me lazy but, I like em that way.

Here's the meat locker my kids will be traumatized..  Just kidding.  My daughter went with me to get all these and she thought it was the greatest thing because she loves to eat steak.

Offline Dinga LING

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • <
« Reply #21 on: Nov 23, 2007, 02:47 AM »
Hey,  Thanks Giving day here and it's cold and been cold for a couple days now.  Lows in the teens and highs in the low 30s.  Went to Helena today for turkey.  Lake Helena iced over. (not thick enough for this fat old cowboy yet) but ice just the same.  Houser had some ice near the causeway and in some bays but still needs some more cold days and nights.  Just enough ice for me to tune up the old tipups.

Have 3 more days of general hunting season.  I will have to get buisy and get another deer and I see they extended Elk season for 2 more weeks.  I might get a chance at one of those babys yet.  It has been so warm that I didn't even want to shoot one for fear it would spoil.  By the time I am done hunting, there should be enough ice for a good time if it stays cold.

Give a man a fish,  he eats for a day.
Teach a man to fish,  he sits all day on the ice drinking beer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.