Author Topic: reconditioned vex  (Read 1210 times)

Offline LastCast69

• Team IceShanty Regular
reconditioned vex
« on: Dec 26, 2009, 08:38 AM »
I went on the factory site and noticed they sell reconditioned vexilars.  They are decently cheaper and i reallly want to pick up an fl-18 for this season.  have only used my hummingbird with a lawnmower battery setup but i want the real deal.

Has anyone purchased a reconditioned one? Did it work as advertised and run like new?

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
Re: reconditioned vex
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2009, 08:48 AM »
Don't they warrenty them the same as new out of the box? If so, how can you go wrong?
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline Mt.Bucket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2009, 08:59 AM »
they are a full warranty deal you can't go wrong.
Live Free Or Die.

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2009, 09:01 AM »
I got a refurb last year about this time.  It works great !  I dont think you could  tell it from a new one.

I am jut getting ready to check the ice for the first time thisyear, but I  charged the battery, turned  the vex on, and she is  still working like a charm.    You wont be sorry if you get one.  They also offer an extended warranty on the refurbs if you  want that extra protection.  I think its an extra 25 bucks.  I  didnt pay the extra for it,  but it is an option.

Offline twintrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin for dinner
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2009, 09:30 AM »
Yea my wife got me one for my bday the fl20  Its recond. Works great. Nothing at all shows its a factory recond. Also the customer service was awsome!! Right on the ball and were extreamly polite.( wife asked questions before buying) Even sent me a copuple of gifts for my birthday plus a hand written letter !! Now that won me over. Deffenetly dont worry if you want it go get it!

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2009, 09:43 AM »
make sure to get the duel beam ducer!!!! ide go with the fl 12!!!!!

Offline LastCast69

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2009, 09:48 AM »
just checked the website and their all sold out  :'(     looks like ill have to lurk craigslist for a few months. every day. 4x a day...

Offline Mr. Shanny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When the goin' gets tough, I go ice fishing!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 26, 2009, 10:30 AM »
About 5 years we bought a reconditioned Fl-8 with the dual beam transducer. It looked brand new and to this day, it is running just as good as a new one!  I'd say go for it!

Offline grubdropper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 26, 2009, 10:42 AM »
 Has anyone ever sent a old vexelar out to get reconditioned?  I have a older FL8 I would like to get reconditioned.  How much do you think it would cost?

Offline fishinfiend

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 26, 2009, 02:54 PM »
Has anyone ever sent a old vexelar out to get reconditioned?  I have a older FL8 I would like to get reconditioned.  How much do you think it would cost?

Give em a call.  Im sure they will give you a resonable rate.   Vexilar is awesome company

Offline fishingPole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 26, 2009, 04:15 PM »
I too bought a "reconditioned" FL-20 directly from Vexilar, but it looks new to me.  Don't know how they end up with these recond units, but hey, I'm not complaining.  I do have to say too that Vexilar is top notch when it comes to customer service. 
Leave it better than you found it

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Dec 26, 2009, 06:14 PM »
I bought 2 over the years an 8 and a 18 the 8 is over 12 years and 18 is 5 years both still run great 2 year warranty,just my .02

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #12 on: Dec 26, 2009, 07:33 PM »

All they will do is replace the brushes. That's about all that can wear out. You can get a kit with instructions from their site and do it very easily yourself. Then you don't have to lose a single day of fishing.

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.