The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Castle Rock on foot?  (Read 998 times)

Offline markinohio

• Team IceShanty Regular
Castle Rock on foot?
« on: Jan 22, 2018, 12:02 PM »
I’ve never been to Wisconsin. My wife is looking at renting a house in a couple of weeks that is about a mile south of Little Roche a cri creek on the east side of the lake. She has business/ family in the area, and I will not have any transportation during the day. I’ve been researching, and it seems like most people fish the south west end of the lake? I’m Just concerned that there may not be much of an opportunity for fishing on foot in that area? I’m primarily interested in crappie, but not really picky.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Castle Rock on foot?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2018, 12:40 PM »
Read thru some pages on there, grants some are BS fishing reports, but there are some good ones too. you can also post questions there and get more responses

http://www.lake-link.com/wisconsin-fishing-reports/castle-rock-lake/4464/

Offline markinohio

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2018, 01:43 PM »
Thanks! I read through a couple years of ice fishing reports, and now have a better idea what to expect and look for on the map.

Even if I can’t find the fish….I will be doing better than here in Ohio without safe ice!

Offline johntom0013

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2018, 09:02 AM »
Thanks! I read through a couple years of ice fishing reports, and now have a better idea what to expect and look for on the map.

Even if I can’t find the fish….I will be doing better than here in Ohio without safe ice!
I'm heading up there next week for work and bringing my gear with me. I fished both Petenwell and Castle about a month and a half ago and did well for the crappie. Have you made it up there yet?
Best to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and erase all doubt.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.