Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Okoboji and Spirit lake conditions  (Read 6155 times)

Offline ajw2202

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Okoboji and Spirit lake conditions
« Reply #30 on: Feb 12, 2018, 11:39 PM »
I was on silver at lake park Saturday late afternoon into the evening.  Heard some promising reports from a friend but didn't have any luck.  Snow cover was probably in the 6-8 inch range and I didn't have any issues with the utv. I did get the truck stuck on Emerson earlier Saturday tho.. that was embarrassing!

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 13, 2018, 11:22 AM »
I fish suffix orange and clear 4lb usually with small tungsten 5mm and smaller and i did try different colors and sizes as well. I agree with the smaller presentation. Silver was a ghost town, there was plenty of ice 20-24" but only 2 shacks on it. The snow was concerning and we didnt want to get stuck. We drilled a few holes in the middle and gave it a hour or so. Water clarity was terrible probably due to the bubbler. Just stayed close to the beaten path due to snow depth but saw nothing and no bites. We went by the east access and i wondered if near the river channel by the bridge was even safe... but we were the only ones there, thats a fact.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Mar 13, 2018, 02:39 PM »
Still lots of ice on both Okobojis if anyone cares. Fishing has been OK. Going to get real good here soon.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Mar 22, 2018, 12:16 AM »
Lots of ice on the lakes. Fishing continues to improve.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline ONFISH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Mar 23, 2018, 03:48 AM »
Going up early Saturday morning. Last ice trip for the season.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Mar 23, 2018, 03:59 AM »
Supposed to rain or snow Saturday. Should be a great day for fishing, if you have a shack.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Apr 06, 2018, 10:21 PM »
Ice is still safe on West. Fish are biting pretty good, too.

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Apr 09, 2018, 07:48 PM »
How much ice is left?

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Apr 09, 2018, 08:53 PM »
I was on West on Sunday. Access was froze solid to shore and ice was 18-20”. I could of taken a wheeler!

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Apr 09, 2018, 09:28 PM »
I've been fishing Millers and the conditions are exactly what Buckshot says. Where have you been Buckshot?

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Apr 10, 2018, 10:21 AM »
Triboji

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Apr 10, 2018, 10:31 AM »
I'm heading up Thursday and Friday. And that is probably it for me for the year.

Offline dcmod25

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Apr 10, 2018, 04:57 PM »
i was on spirit lake Saturday afternoon. 24" of SOLID ice. we fished the northwest and southeast part of the lake and ice was good everywhere we were. fished from 5ft to 23ft. might have to watch a were you get on though. i did not bring the ranger or the wheeler but would have used it had i brought it with. ice was not slushy at all anywhere on the lake were we fished. who would of thought the ice would be this good this time of year!! not complaining at all though!  ;D ;D

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Apr 12, 2018, 12:14 AM »
I changed my plans and went today because Friday sounds awful. Ice is deteriorating pretty quick. It was coming out in small chunks. It appears that i am done for the year. I have had a great season. Today was excellent.

Offline Fish Butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Apr 12, 2018, 08:37 AM »
Weather forecast calls for a 56 hour below freezing temp. starting at 6 am Saturday morning. Tuesday, April 10, may not have been my last day. We’ll see come Sunday morning when spud bar hits the ice.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Apr 14, 2018, 10:55 PM »
Anyone in the neighborhood want to give us a heads up on ice conditions. I don't want to drive to find out myself. Thanks

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Apr 16, 2018, 08:33 PM »
Anyone in the neighborhood want to give us a heads up on ice conditions. I don't want to drive to find out myself. Thanks

It’s over.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Apr 16, 2018, 11:57 PM »
Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.