Author Topic: 2013 TEAM NH Get-Together March 9, 2013!!!  (Read 9951 times)

Offline NHSlabbinCabin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2013 TEAM NH Get-Together
« Reply #60 on: Mar 08, 2013, 01:32 PM »
FYI
The corner store in the bay is out of smelt. Not sure about Alton Circle Grocery. I'll check on that later

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
« Reply #61 on: Mar 08, 2013, 01:46 PM »
Just called Alton Grocery, they have smelt and allegedly plenty of them
Still can't wait for tomorrow
Pirk
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline NHSlabbinCabin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Mar 08, 2013, 02:58 PM »
Just called Alton Grocery, they have smelt and allegedly plenty of them
Still can't wait for tomorrow
Pirk
Just checked, there's a tankful

Offline FishEnticer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Mar 08, 2013, 03:24 PM »
I'll be there in the morning.  I left there a short while ago and set cust lines.  Had a great time last year and am sure it will be just as good this year.  Thanks for setting this up Keith.

Offline ICE_HOOK

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish now or never !!!!!!!
« Reply #64 on: Mar 08, 2013, 03:27 PM »
Where did you guys get  the Team NH IS sign? nice! Would like to get one for VT.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #65 on: Mar 08, 2013, 04:05 PM »
Where did you guys get  the Team NH IS sign? nice! Would like to get one for VT.

A former member made it up. Also made a bumper sticker which is proudly displayed on my truck. Wish I could make it tomorrow but hosting an 84th birthday for my mom. Should be a great day for all participants. Thanks for doing this Keith.

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2013 TEAM NH Get-Together TODAY March 9, 2013!!!
« Reply #66 on: Mar 09, 2013, 12:55 AM »
TODAYS THE DAY GUYS!!!  ;D

Forecast Looks Good for Alton today, Sunny with temps in the 40's and light wind.

Plenty of Food and Beverages (Steak tips, sausages, hamburgers etc.)

Several Raffle items up for grabs include...

Ice Shanty Gear (Sweat Shirts/Hats) $50 A.Js Gift Card, $25 Wildlife Sport GC, Heritage Laker Tip Ups, Frabill Tip Ups, Indian Hill Tip Ups, Jig Rod, AJs Buck Tail Jigs, as well as Custom Jigs/Lures made by a few of our own and possibly more to come!
We will also be doing a 50/50 Raffle which had a pretty good payout last year!

Feel free to spend the day and fish or just stop by and chat and have some lunch. I will be at the bandstand by the Alton Bay launch to meet people and we will be gathering back there for lunch between 12 noon and 1pm Raffles will be drawn shortly afterwards.

Ive recieved several PMs and phone calls and it sounds like we should have a Great turnout!

Hope to See You there!  :)

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
« Reply #67 on: Mar 09, 2013, 04:27 AM »
It's Showtime!

Offline FishEnticer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Mar 09, 2013, 01:51 PM »
Kudos to Keith.  The best moderator on IS for an outstanding outing.  It was awesome to meet new and old faces.  And thanks chef big lou for a great job on the grill.    :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
« Reply #69 on: Mar 09, 2013, 02:53 PM »
Great time! Wonderful sunny warm day, Great people, and Fabulous food! Great Raffle prizes too. Kieth did a top notch job, Thanks again to all that donated and made this possible and I can't wait till next years.
And a Big Thank You to Mike, Joe, Lavaman and anyone else who helped get my Shanty off today. Would'nt want to wait a day longer, ramp is going fast.

It totally Rocked meeting all the Team NH Iceshanty.com members  that came out there today.

Riverat

Offline NHSlabbinCabin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Mar 09, 2013, 02:57 PM »
Great day today! Thanks Keith! Here are a few pics from today

Offline sweet lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • go deep or go home.
« Reply #71 on: Mar 09, 2013, 03:46 PM »
great day guys  :tipup: thanx again Keith great job pulling everybody together.was a real good time.

Offline ICE_HOOK

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish now or never !!!!!!!
« Reply #72 on: Mar 09, 2013, 04:00 PM »
Very well done! Beautiful day! From Ice_Hook Vermont.

Offline draz

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP THOSE LINES TIGHT
« Reply #73 on: Mar 09, 2013, 05:24 PM »
Keith great job! Thanks Lou for cooking and all that contributed from food and
raffle items. Nice to put a face with some of the names.
Thanks again Keith, look forward to the 2014 NH IS get together.
I like the idea of a getting together a Newfound next year possibly.

Offline nhdeadhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Mar 09, 2013, 06:33 PM »
I had a grand ol' time ;D, it was an awesome day with great fishing and great company. We had a blast jiggin up perch all day long. Thanks to Keith and everyone who contributed! Already looking forward to next year

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Mar 09, 2013, 08:54 PM »
great day guys  :tipup: thanx again Keith great job pulling everybody together.was a real good time.

Thanks Guys!

It was a good turnout (counted 40+ people at one point) Everyone seemed to have a Great time so I was very happy to see that & the weather couldnt have been much better! A Big Thank You to everyone who made it out and to those that donated raffle items and food. 

I also want to Thank Lou and a few others for the help with the cooking! It was an Awesome Day and I Hope you all enjoyed it!  :)

Ill post a couple video clips tomorrow at some point. Too tired at the moment ;D

Thanks Again Guys, Look forward to seeing you next year!  :thumbsup:

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Mar 09, 2013, 09:50 PM »
Awesome day, thank you Keith!

The weather was much better, too! Thanks, Ma Nature!

Brown, I'll post your pic in a couple of days.....he caught the state record perch, guys! What was it, 26 1/2 inches?  ;D
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #77 on: Mar 10, 2013, 04:34 AM »
Great job Team New Hampshire looks like it was one good time for all who attended,also see you had a lot better weather this year. Looking forward to the video clips and pictures of this state record perch. ;)2
Steve

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Mar 10, 2013, 07:13 AM »
keith what a great day with some good friends and great speech. im glad i was able to stay for the bbq this yr and it was well worth the 2 hr drive to meet you guys. thanks to nhdeadhead and nhslabbincabin for organizing the perch catching rodeo. lol that was fun fight on that lite rod. i ended up with a salmon on the tip up (that went off when we were getting the group picture organized). i though for sure i was spooled but it only took a small amount of line. the warden was right there so we snipped the line at the hole. what a great time and i will be back for sure next year. i sent Tom's address to mike at indian hill traps for the 2 noreastas that he won at the raffle and he told me he would send them out monday.

on a side note i want to give a big thank you to nhdeadhead for saving 3 people that fell through the ice by the boat ramp. i was shocked to hear this when we came back from lunch. i was busy rebaiting my trap and when i was was done joe told me what happened. im sure those people are lucky you were there to help them out.   :o   

Offline Ice Midget

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #79 on: Mar 10, 2013, 08:29 AM »
had a great time cant wait till next year. :)
TAKE EM ALL

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
« Reply #80 on: Mar 10, 2013, 09:43 AM »
Had a great time met some great people (Erik,Mason, And RJ) and share alot of laughs, thanks for picking up my auger :)
Thanks for all the hard work Keith

Looking forward to next year
Pirk
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Mar 10, 2013, 10:11 AM »
It was great meeting new people and seeing some old faces as well!

Stewy and I parked somewhere between BrownBaggin and the perch slayers (Lavaman, Deadhead, and Slabbin). I caught 2 perch (one tip up, one on my new jig rod). Then I was introduced to a 4' rod and a flasher and pulled one up there. I have to admit, I had to turn away from the flasher to pull it up....all those lights were too much for my senses lol. Oh, and thanks for letting me try that propane auger. Stewy needs to start saving for next Christmas!  ;)

Deadhead, I had no idea you helped those people....I didn't even know it had happened at the time. That was very selfless of you! You're a good man.

Here's Brown with his state record perch...keep in mind he's 7 feet tall, so the perch looks smaller.  ;)

It was also nice to see He-who-must-not-be-named.  ;D

Thanks for cooking, Lou. Awesome as usual. Thank you Keith for all the work you put into it! And thanks to the Shanty, local businesses, and members who donated for the raffle items!
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Mar 10, 2013, 02:12 PM »
Here are a few pics I managed to get yesterday. Thank You Again to all those who attended  :)

Group Photo. Had a few people missing from the pic because they were still on the ice fishing ;) Counted a total of 41 members who attended

Looking out at Alton Bay at some of the group fishin.
Got reports of Tons of Perch, Lakers, a rainbow and a few salmon caught (salmon obviously release at the hole)

Getting Ready for Lunch

A few of the raffle items

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Mar 10, 2013, 02:57 PM »
A couple short video clips from yesterdays Get Together.

Click on pics below to view

For some reason Photobucket will not let me rotate this video at the moment? This is too cute not to share and What I believe its all about!

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #84 on: Mar 10, 2013, 03:07 PM »
Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome yesterday whan I arrived late for the event.  Good to see everyone!

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Mar 10, 2013, 07:19 PM »
It was great meeting new people and seeing some old faces as well!

Stewy and I parked somewhere between BrownBaggin and the perch slayers (Lavaman, Deadhead, and Slabbin). I caught 2 perch (one tip up, one on my new jig rod). Then I was introduced to a 4' rod and a flasher and pulled one up there. I have to admit, I had to turn away from the flasher to pull it up....all those lights were too much for my senses lol. Oh, and thanks for letting me try that propane auger. Stewy needs to start saving for next Christmas!  ;)

Deadhead, I had no idea you helped those people....I didn't even know it had happened at the time. That was very selfless of you! You're a good man.

Here's Brown with his state record perch...keep in mind he's 7 feet tall, so the perch looks smaller.  ;)

(Image removed from quote.)

It was also nice to see He-who-must-not-be-named.  ;D

Thanks for cooking, Lou. Awesome as usual. Thank you Keith for all the work you put into it! And thanks to the Shanty, local businesses, and members who donated for the raffle items!

wow that perch is as big as that house in the background. :o nice job brownbaggin. only a pro would know the proper way to hold those spiny buggers without gettin picked.

guinea it was great to finally talk to u this time. i am also saving my pennies for a propane auger and a 4' noodle pole.

Offline NHSlabbinCabin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Mar 10, 2013, 07:55 PM »
wow that perch is as big as that house in the background. :o nice job brownbaggin. only a pro would know the proper way to hold those spiny buggers without gettin picked.

guinea it was great to finally talk to u this time. i am also saving my pennies for a propane auger and a 4' noodle pole.

Looks like they might have some left.
http://www.fishusa.com/HT-Enterprises-Ice-Blue-Super-Flex-Ice-Fishing-Rods_p.html

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #87 on: Mar 11, 2013, 02:55 AM »
NH Trout Fisherman thanks for putting up the video clips, I agree the second one is precious . I wish we had yellow perch that size here in south east New York  ;D .
Steve

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Mar 11, 2013, 06:07 AM »
Had a great time met some great people (Erik,Mason, And RJ) and share alot of laughs, thanks for picking up my auger :)
Thanks for all the hard work Keith
Looking forward to next year
Pirk

Pirk it was great meetin you out there we had a blast RJ and Mason left the ice and waited at the truck for me i had fish tap the jig but couldnt get em to commit , so i wasnt about to leave fish on the screen, hope to fish with you again soon
I Chase Toothy Critters!!!!

Offline JRFlatlander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #89 on: Mar 11, 2013, 08:03 AM »
Thanks for your time Keith putting this together  :thumbsup:  Lou did a great job cooking :bow:  It was great to meet some of the guys and gals on the site. Fishing was good, we caught 4 lakers before lunch and the weather was fantastic.  Ill post some pictures once I down load them.  Went back yesterday and got into them again for a few hours before I had to go to a birthday party
[

Mama Says happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.