Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607407 times)

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15210 on: Mar 13, 2019, 01:58 AM »
Update, not seeing the rain or snow yet, but Schools will be closed in the morning, ahead of Rain changing to snow, with 75 mph winds....

Marv guess its my turn.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15211 on: Mar 13, 2019, 02:12 AM »
Good Morning Bud, Morning Everyone ,
  Happy Hump Day! 
  Clear and 21* this am, a bit warmer today with a high of 42. The winds have settled down considerably, sure would be a nicer day out on the ice than inside pouring terrazzo, lol.

Bud...sorry to read about the car trouble, sounds like a head gasket? Best wishes if you’re going to fix that one yourself.   :thumbsup:  Hope you don’t get hit too hard with the snow.   :thumbsup:
  Steve....not certain if we’ll get a chance to get my grandson back out this weekend, my boys are planning on an all day trip to Otsego on Saturday with friends. Thanks for the reminder on the closings, that came fast this year.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...yes, my grandson loves open water fishing...anything that bites will work for him, lol. Hope you didn’t end up with much snow yesterday...we had some flurries floating around in the am but that was about it here.
  Tom...will be looking for an update on the meeting, sounds like things are going to get interesting real soon for the board members!
  I-45.... hope the injections are working for you!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...excellent report from the therapist, hopefully the new excercises will help you out even more.  :clap: 
  Jeff...glad to read your appointment went well yesterday also, awesome! Bet it sure fealt good getting that arm out of the sling. Best wishes and continued success.... :clap:

Searching through some recipes the other day how to make Minestrone soup, I came across one from this guy as well as many others he has on YouTube. Quite enjoyable to watch and listen to, he reminds me of many of the old school masons I worked with actually, lol.   
https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A0geK.TxAIhcLU8AuTjBGOd_;_ylu=X3oDMTEyM3E2ZDZlBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQTA1NzZfMQRzZWMDc2M-?p=grilled+steak+orsara+youtube&back=https%3A%2F%2Fsearch.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%3Fp%3Dgrilled%2Bsteak%2Borsara%2Byoutube%26ei%3DUTF-8&fr=ipad&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOVP.EDm855ymZgqMtxjq-nfc2AEsDh%26pid%3D15.1%26w%3D144%26h%3D77%26c%3D7&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNtESt4Xc4cY&tit=Grilled+Steak+Recipe&l=632&vid=94e36071e1f3d76231ca08a1e37a38dd&sigr=11b6kj73t&sigb=127e8i1fm&sigt=10klkso7s&sigi=12jt0m1k0

Time to get ready for another 8 hour shift....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15212 on: Mar 13, 2019, 04:52 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....sorry to hear about the car troubles  :(  fix or trade  ???  stay safe thru the storm   :o

Eddie.....we had snow all morning but little to no accumulation with temps right around freezing  ;)

Think Eddie hit the nail on the head, looks like a good day to hit the ice  :icefish: :thumbsup: :flex:  going to give it a go in a few  ;)2 :icefish:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15213 on: Mar 13, 2019, 05:22 AM »

Good morning Bud, Eddie, Wally, ER'd
                              It's 18* and calm here on my hill, yesterday was nice. ::)
                              Bud.........I hope it's not a costly fix for your vehicle. ???
                              Wally.......Have a good day on the ice! :thumbsup:
                              Eddie......You and the boys will still have some trips left up on LG, there is a lot of good fishing left.
                              Marv.......I'm glad you're getting some relief from the therapy. :clap:
                              Tom........For those short term renters, do they pay a bed tax?. If not I don't know if it's legal but have the Assoc. charge a bed tax
                     and the Assoc. would get it. ::)
                              We get little Carson again today, my #2 & #3 sons got called back to work today. And I have therapy in Albany.
                              I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15214 on: Mar 13, 2019, 07:56 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

36 degrees with fog and drizzle, the main event comes around noon :whistle: They are guessing 1.5" of rain or better through the night, ending tomorrow morning. The warm weather has the sidewalks slippery where there is still ice. My wife said it was treacherous on her walk to the bus yesterday when she cut through a park. She said "Even the bums were complaining about how slippery it was" ??? I guess we know it was bad if it impeded their travel.

WW hope you and the Mr land on a stock tank full of fish today :thumbsup: With the rain and melting I am guessing fishing is on hold around here for awhile.

IW best of luck at therapy today :thumbsup: I am kind of liking being able to only check in every two weeks. I commented to my wife yesterday that it was the first day I had no back pain at all. I don't want to jinx it, but that's a first for a couple of years. Almost makes me want to fire up a chain saw. Some how I can hear Mrs Cleaver  :nono:

Eddie Cripes! It's not even close to lunch and that video has me hungry :%$#!: Hope you and the crew have a good Hump Day :thumbsup: Hope you and the boys get a nice day for fishing this weekend :clap:

Bud sorry to read the flivver  is spitting blood :%$#!: Heard about your weather this morning. 75mph winds here would change the landscape.

Not a lot on the planner today.Yesterday I spent the afternoon blowing snow from around the house. Some of it was solid ice, but at least I tried to get it away from the foundation.

Hope you all have an excellent day no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15215 on: Mar 13, 2019, 10:31 AM »
WS..... 🤦🏻‍♀️ 👿

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15216 on: Mar 13, 2019, 04:34 PM »
Not sure where this wind came from but it must have done some re-arranging there too.  Made it into the store just in time, then it started turning nasty, with a total of 3 customers in 3 hours, we all agreed this is nuts and closed the store along with everything else in the area.  Driving home was like being inside a marsh mellow.  Time to light the fireplace and kick back, with a pitcher full of something real tasty.
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15217 on: Mar 13, 2019, 04:39 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, 42 degrees here. Just wanted to say a quick hello. Had the Botox injections. 31 injections total in my head. Still in a lot of pain. Hoping it will feel better. But I lost some wrinkles. Lol. I hope everyone had a good day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15218 on: Mar 14, 2019, 01:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 34* to start the day off, high of 52 here today. Between today and tomorrow’s forecast, might see part of my lawn again.   ;D

I-45....wow, that was a lot of injections!! Hope you are feeling some better results today Sir.    :thumbsup:   Will you have to do that again?
  Bud...saw some of those winds on the news last evening, blowing over a semi and tearing up roofs. Good call on closing up shop, glad you had a safe ride home.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...when the bums complain, you know it’s bad...lol. Hope there isn’t any issues with the rain.  :thumbsup:   Looks like just me and my son Mike heading out this weekend now, everyone else canceled out.
  Jeff...hope yesterday’s therapy went well and you had a great time with Carson!   :thumbsup:  Might be heading back to LG now this weekend.
  Wally...will looking forward to your post this am, hope the fish were hungry!   :thumbsup:

Another early start / quit with the hammer crew this am. Going to take advantage of the warmer weather conditions and see if I can get on some perch this afternoon....at least that’s the plan right now, lol.
  Closing in on the weekend....Cawfee’s on!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15219 on: Mar 14, 2019, 05:02 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

39 with more rain moving in, I won't know until daylight how the snow pack looks. I heard it dripping off the house all night, dangerous fog warnings out this morning. We have nothing to whine about compared to what's going on in Bud's neighborhood.

Eddie good luck if you make it out this afternoon :thumbsup: Hope the day flies by for you.

IW hope therapy went well, how many miles do you have to drive to get there ???

WW hope you have some fish stories :clap: :thumbsup:

45, my gosh that sounds bad, I hope you notice positive things soon :thumbsup:

Bud, stay safe Sir! Hope you are able to stay around home today and have no need to venture out.

Tinkering in the garage today in between exercising 3x throughout.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15220 on: Mar 14, 2019, 05:46 AM »

Good morning Eddie, WS, ER's,
                       It's 32* with a mix of rain/snow today. ::)
                       Eddie.........I hope you and Mike have a good trip to LG from my friends I've heard things have been slow going on the Lakers, I think
               the Perch are biting. :whistle:
                      Marv..........It's a 70 mile trip to the VA. I've been doing it for so long, it feels like it's around the mountain. :blink: I'm glad that your
              therapy is helping. :thumbsup:
                     I-45............That many shots in the head would make any ones head hurt, I hope they work for you. :flex:
                     Wally..........I hope you had a good day on the ice yesterday? ???
                     Bud............AI think everyone who watches the news saw that tractor trailer flip, those were some heavy winds. ::)
                     Yesterdays therapy session went well, she pulled my arm out a little farther than on Monday, there wasn't any pain when she did that.
              But she moved my arm from front to back and I could feel some discomfort in that move. ::)
                     I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15221 on: Mar 14, 2019, 05:56 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....glad you made it home safely  :thumbsup:  x2on WS hope you can stay off the roads today  ;)

IF45.....hope the injections kick in soon, did the doc give you a time frame  ???

Eddie.....good luck this afternoon on the perch  :icefish:  should be a nice day to be out

WS.....hope the slippery walks are clearing up  :o  fingers crossed you have no flooding/water damage anywhere  ;)  and please don't even think about that chain saw just yet  :nono: :flex: :whistle: :blink: :roflmao:

IW.....hope pt went well yesterday  :)  when can you ditch the sling for good  ???

Managed 24 decent perch yesterday  :clap:  no big feeding frenzy just picked away all day  :blink:  things were starting to get soft & slushy by the time we left, the rain and warmer temps will make travel difficult from here on out  :( 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15222 on: Mar 14, 2019, 06:41 AM »
34* this morning.
WW, good job on the perch.
IW, glad the therapy is going well.
Ice-45, I bet you are glad that is behind you. Hope you are feeling better.
Eddie, good luck this afternoon. I don't think I will see my lawn for awhile, but the snow does go fast. I did get most of the ice out of the driveway yesterday. Hoping to be able to push the banks back some on Friday. Friday is the last day of walleye and pike season. There were 5/6 groups of fishermen on the lake yesterday.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15223 on: Mar 14, 2019, 08:23 AM »
The rain has ended for now. The guessers guessed this morning that the band of heavy rain for this after noon will go east of us. Hopefully their guess is right. The rain is taking the snow down slowly but the water has now where to go as the ground is frozen. Most driveways are pure ice except mine.

It looks like a post I made on Tuesday got lost in cyber space.

We made the trip over to the other place yesterday. We followed my lab breeder friend to her place to give her the egg shells. She was coming from taking two of her pups to a story hour at the local library. I am sure the pups were a big hit with the little kids. She had a pup buyer driving behind her. She had a jeep at the bottom of her hill so the buyer could get up that icy hill. She sold the yellow lab pup to them that she had taken to the library. That leaves one black pup out of the litter. At least it has an older fox red pup to play with. When we were done over their we made a long trip home to get some groceries.

WS When we were on the way home from getting some labs taken to go along with the wifes preop physical I thought of you. As I turned down the road to home a big tree came down across the road. This was the second tree the guy had cut dropping it in the road. This one almost hit his truck that he had hooked to it across the road. Luckily you could drive through his icy circle drive to get around it.

IF-45 That was a lot of shots. I always thought that botox was for getting rid of wrinkles. Never thought of it to get rid of pain.

ww. There is a fishing show in Gr this week end. I have not been to it in years. You can get in for free today if you donate 6 cans of food. www.laughfestgr.org is also going on. All of the proceeds go to Gilda's Club that is a support group for breast cancer survivors. There  are some great stand up comedians. It lasts for quite a while.

IW It is good to here that you shoulder is continuing to improve. Just do not try to rush things.

Bud You sure have had some nasty weather this winter.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15224 on: Mar 14, 2019, 09:18 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Supposed to be in the 50s today.

IFF, Your certainly having some bad weather up your way. Saw that tractor trailer flip over by the wind. That was pretty incredible.

Mason Eddie, Thank you. Unfortunately the headache is still bad. Doctor says it could take up to 3 or more treatments to help the headache. Hoping the surgery next month helps the headache as well.

Ice Wanderer, Good your arm is getting better.

Wally World, Sounds like you had a good day on the ice.

I hope everyone has a great and safe day whether it be at work or play.
Take a kid ice fishing

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15225 on: Mar 14, 2019, 10:54 AM »
Before leaving work yesterday we were guessing how many wrecks there would be in the city. My guess was 85, at 6PM news there were 125, and that didn't count the 100 semi/cars out on I-70
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15226 on: Mar 14, 2019, 06:07 PM »
Hello fellow 9:45ers , Spring like day here high of sixty most of snow melted to nights thunder storm should melt what remains on the ground.
IFF/Bud good to see you posting Hope all is well for you and the family. I commend you for going to work on Wednesday  :clap: :clap: :bow: personally think store should not have opened for business.
Eddie thanks for the soup recipe and video . A good trip to Mike and you this weekend.
Wallyworld congratulations on the perch. Any plans for a final ice fishing walleye trip tomorrow.
Ice Wanderer good to hear your PT is going well keep up the good work. How is the baby sitting going for the wife and you.
Whopper Stopper May you have come through Winter storm Ulmer in good shape. Your wife given any thought to leaving a pair of shoes at work and wearing foot wear she can easily put creepers on for the walk when sidewalks are iced over in spots. Happy your PT also has you back feeling better.
Icefisher-45 you must be in major pain from the head aches to endure the Botox treatments may they work.
Hunts2long may you get more of the driveway cleared and have more useable space. Continued good health for your wife.
Tom Turkey happy the tree missed your vehicle. Have fun if you attend the fishing show or comedy festival.

A safe and pleasant evening to all.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15227 on: Mar 15, 2019, 02:26 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  42* and a little windy this am, might hit low 60’s here today before cooling back down to more seasonable temps. over the weekend.

Steve... thanks, we’re looking forward to the trip. Switching things up a little this trip...we’re going to target the perch first then go and try for some Lakers willing to play.  :thumbsup: 
  Bud...imagine there is a lot of people without power yet, glad you dodged that bullet as well as the accidents. Hopefully things have settled down out there.   :thumbsup:
  I-45... good things take time they claim...really hope you see some good results soon. Best wishes sent your way.    :thumbsup:
  Tom...glad the fallen tree wasn’t much of an issue for you or anybody else...surprised he didn’t take out any power lines, yikes!   :cookoo:
  H2...two guys I know will be up your way today to finish out the season on pike. Seems they both came down with a cold. One said the warmer weather would probably help him get better...believe the other will be sick until Tuesday, lol.    :tipup:
  Wally...very nice job on the perch!!   :clap:   Best of luck to you and Mr.WW if you’re heading back out there again today!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...another good report on the therapy less that back movement. Hope there is no additional pain this am.  :thumbsup:   Thanks for the heads up on the fishing, that sealed the deal with hitting the perch first. Still undecided where we’re going to be heading out of, but Vet’s has always treated us pretty well.
  Marv...do you think you will be able to get another fishing trip in this season? We were supposed to get some of that rain here today with 60* temps forecasted, but now appears just a slight chance of showers possible.  Hope the garage project went well yesterday!   :thumbsup:

We ended up being 3 guys light on our demo crew yesterday, one being the foreman. He sent a text that he had been in an accident, lost his brakes and avoided hitting a few trees, ended up taking out a privacy fence and coming to a stop in someone’s backyard. Nobody hurt, thankfully.
  Couldn’t get out on the lake yesterday due to some errands that needed to be taken care of, but tomorrow is coming quick... :thumbsup:
  Cawfee’s on....

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15228 on: Mar 15, 2019, 04:42 AM »
Morning all,

No fishing today, heading to MA this morning to visit the grandkids for the weekend  :thumbsup:  ;)2 

Eddie...I'll wave to you as we pass by the Albany exits  ;D  good luck tomorrow  :icefish:

IFF....hope the weather has calmed down out there  :o

MrC.....lost plenty of snow here yesterday also but still plenty to go yet  :-\

TT.....that comedy show sounds like a good time, have fun if you decide to go  :thumbsup: :woot:

WS.....hope all your work moving snow has kept you water free as things melt  ;) 

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15229 on: Mar 15, 2019, 05:13 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 46 degrees here this morning. Supposed to be a rainy day here today.

Mason Eddie, Good that your foreman wasn’t seriously hurt.

Wally World, Safe travels to Massachusetts today to see the grandkids.

Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15230 on: Mar 15, 2019, 05:45 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                      It's 41* with a little breeze here on my hill. It was a nice day most of the day yesterday. ::)
                      Eddie..........Your foreman was a lucky man, did he total his truck. ??? I think Vet's will be the best choice. :thumbsup:
                      Wally .........Safe travels to Ma. and have fun with the grand kids. :thumbsup:
                      Steve.........We still have about 3' of snow on the ground here, it will be a while before I see grass. :blink:
                      I-45...........Hang in there, I'm sure the shots will help. :clap:
                      Marv..........I hope you got enough snow cleared away from the house. Hope for a slow melt. ???
                      Not much going on today, my wife is headed to her son's like she does every other weekend, I think it's getting a little old for her.
              but there isn't much choice.
                     I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15231 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:20 AM »
It looks like the nasty rain we had the last couple of days died down before it got to you in the east. The guessers were right to a point as the worst weather went east of me. There were some nasty stuff to the east including a tornado.
We have a lot of flooding on the west side of the state. Lots of roads are closed due to the flooding including some major ones. On the news it said a major road across state was closed stating what roads it was between. That road did not exist where they said it did. I called my buddy that always has his  scanner on. Hesaid he had not heard anything on the scanner about a closure.

ww I have never gone to any of Laugh Fest. I have gotten so i do not like crowds. There is Art Prize in the fall that has some beautiful art.It draws artists from all over, even from other countries. I am satisfied with what I see on TV.

Have fun spoiling the grand kids. Nice catch of perch. Some good eating there.

Eddie thankfully the foreman was not hurt.

Sorry for the typos. If I try to correct them it is back to erasing what I type this morning.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15232 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:53 AM »
41 this morning a nd light rain.
WW, have a good trip to MA. I am sure there are some "goodies" going along with you.

Wife and I went shopping yesterday. She did well. She bought ME a new Shark vacuum. She is also hoping that she is told she can start driving soon.

Eddie, hope the guys can get a pike or two. There have been some good ones caught this year. Most of them have been released. With the lake so high this winter, I am sure many pike were in bays that don't have water most years.

Well almost med time for the wife. Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15233 on: Mar 15, 2019, 08:42 AM »
18* this morning, now comes trying to get the snow off the boat cover.  High winds did a number on the lake ice, which a lot of it is stacked up on shore.  No word or guesses on when the boat ramps might open.

Guy without power called to ask how I power up my house with a generator.  told him I turn off the main breaker, plug into the dryer outlet.  He didn't already have a male to male cord, went and got an end to put on and must have wired it up wrong,  :nono: :nono: sounds like he blasted a lot of things, surge protectors, and the like,  lots of things not working. ::)

Got the closing shift today, at least roads are open now.
Bud

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15234 on: Mar 15, 2019, 10:30 PM »
Hiya gang,

Just checking in from OKC real quick. Class is going well but it is a waste of my time because I haven't learned anything that I haven't learned from building the system in 2012 and maintaining it for the past 4 years on the job. Oh well, now they can "check the box" that I have been trained. One more boring weekend and 2 days of class to go, then flying back home on Wednesday.

Glad to read that those with health troubles all seem to be on the mend to some degree. Also glad some of you have been able to keep hitting the ice and finding some hungry ones! Good luck to anyone headed out this weekend.

IFF, we had the insane winds down here in Oklahoma City also but luckily we didnt get the blizzard with it. I could hardly walk when the strong gusts hit!

WW, safe travels and enjoy the grandkids.

Eddie, good luck on the stripers and lakers!

IW, hope the shoulder progress continues

45, hope the injections provide you with relief and help the headaches soon

H2L, glad your wife is doing well. Way to go with all you have done and continue to do to help her!

WS, good luck with the ongoing snow battles

Clean, glad to hear you are back to bare grass again. Also glad the snow has gone slowly instead of in one big warmup or my part of the state (and my family's farm) would flood again for sure since the ground is already saturated from last fall.

TT, glad to hear your vehicle was spared from the tree.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Good luck and stay safe!
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15235 on: Mar 16, 2019, 05:14 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 34* here on my hill with a high of 40* only, yesterday it got up to 61* We lost a bout 6" of the ground cover. ::)
                         Eddie.........You and Mike must have made an early departure for LG and didn't get a chance to post, good luck up here! :thumbsup:
                         DFF............To me on the job training is far better than classroom learning, but like you said it's a check in your permanent record! ::)
                         Bud............The guy could have put one live leg to the ground or neutral  terminal thus putting 220 volts to appliances. :blink:
                         H2L............It must have felt good for your wife to get out and about, being able to get among other people lifts ones spirits. :clap:
                         Not much going on today, later I'm going to dinner at #2 sons in laws, corned beef and cabbage! Um Um.
                         I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out fishing.

IW   

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15236 on: Mar 16, 2019, 05:18 AM »
Morning all,

Drive to MA was uneventful some rain some fog some sun. Hockey is over for the season and spring sports haven’t started yet so pretty quiet here.

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15237 on: Mar 16, 2019, 06:23 AM »
36* some clouds and a little breeze.
DFF, over the years I went to many out of town schools for the phone company. Some were helpful, some not so much, but we always had a good time. Being a caregiver for the wife has been an adventure to say the least. Most of it is making sure she takes all her meds when she should. Doctor told her she can start driving again. I just have to go with her the first couple times. I don't think she has drove her car since Sept.

Got up to near 60 yesterday. My nephew said the sap has not begun to run very much. There is still 2/3 feet of snow in the woods and my brother said it will take a few warm days to warm up the trees.

Glad the drive went well for you WW. Sometimes a week end with nothing planned can be fun. Enjoy.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15238 on: Mar 16, 2019, 07:38 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 45* here this morning. Snow is melting which gives me more access to the yard with the pup. Pharmacy shorted me some of my meds so I ran out. My wife left work early yesterday and got there as they were closing. Unfortunately they couldn’t give her more meds as the med is going on the controlled substance list. Hopefully that gets resolved soon.

Deerefishyfishy, I agree there is nothing better then on the job training. But you have to have the boxes checked.

Hunts2long, That’s great you and your wife got out and good news about her getting the green light to drive.

WallyWorld, It’s nice to have a quiet weekend once in a while. What part of Mass are you visiting?

Ice wanderer, Enjoy the corn beef and cabbage dinner.

I hope everyone has a great and safe day.

Deere
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15239 on: Mar 16, 2019, 09:40 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

The snow is melting and winter is on life support :clap:

Things got pretty wet around here but nothing leaked into the house or garage. We still have about 14" on the ground however the official measurment at the airport says 4".

Eddie best of luck to you and Mike Sir!  :icefish:

WW hope you have a relaxing day. Maybe the grandkids could show you some fun Wii games :whistle:

IW enjoy the dinner :thumbsup: I love corned beef, as a matter of fact last week we had a big feed of it. A couple of the stores were almost giving it away so we bought enough for 3 meals.

Deer, hope the next couple of days go fast so you get get home to the family :thumbsup:

John how is the new puppy doing?

TT you had commented about the tree getting splashed across the road. We dropped thousands of them on the streets over the years and knock on wood (couldn't resist) we never came close to hitting anything let alone ourselves. I always got a kick out of pulling over and watching other crews work. Sometimes it was hard to watch :whistle:

I have been busy getting ready for tomorrow. Our house is going to be filled with nieces and 1 great niece. We found out they all wanted to come last week. Two are married, one divorced, and my great niece has a guy that she is in madly in love with :woot: I asked them what they would like to drink, and they all said beer and rum, just like you ??? I asked the youngest one when she got old enough to drink and she said "I am 38 you know :roflmao:". I'm not sure when the kids grew up but it will be fun to see them.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.