Author Topic: A sad day  (Read 1603 times)

Offline aaron21x2

• Team IceShanty Regular
A sad day
« on: Mar 11, 2009, 02:15 PM »
No more Blueberry pancakes and venison breakfast sausage after the morning jigging session while waiting for flags to pop. :( No more games of hearts, spades or cribbage with good company :(  No more fresh grilled walleye for lunch :(Until we have a fresh six inches of ice next December!!! :)

Offline khaaxma

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: A sad day
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2009, 02:55 PM »
I hear your pain, but there is always something good to look forward to . . . my boat will be in the water in about 3 weeks for some good open-water spring fishing on Lake Huron. Since you live in Rapid River, I assume you will also be enjoying the open waters of Little Bay de Noc.
I am blessed to live in an area where the fishing is great and the people are nice!

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2009, 08:14 AM »
that is a sad day!     like khaaxma said though.......there is something to look forward to.       Fairport,   cedar river and manistique salmon!!!    and of course all those lake superior greaser trips.   if you ever wanna go,  let me know  im allways looking for people to go fishing    i have a 21' cuddy             

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2009, 04:28 PM »
What gives eh?? ??? Still LOTS of ice over here around Republic. ;D Still driving on Teal Lake. :o Over 2 feet on all the lake we go to. ;D Have you lost your ice??? ??? ??? ??? I thought permanent shacks had till March 31st. This change? ???  This worries me.

Offline trapperman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2009, 05:47 PM »
Nope it didn't change. A lot of people pulling their shantys on this end with walleye season coming to a close.

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2009, 06:03 PM »
What gives eh?? ??? Still LOTS of ice over here around Republic. ;D Still driving on Teal Lake. :o Over 2 feet on all the lake we go to. ;D Have you lost your ice??? ??? ??? ??? I thought permanent shacks had till March 31st. This change? ???  This worries me.
i was thinking the same think but like trapperman said walleye closes the 15th. were gonna try and make a trip to LBDN on saturday to get a few eyes....hopefully, i cant believe its already march!

Offline aaron21x2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2009, 07:36 PM »
Didn't mean to give you guys the wrong impression of quitting early. My shack was in the blue water area of the bay and the coast guard is/was supposed to be opening the shipping channels this week. Instead of moving it for a couple of maybe bad  days(with this weather) fishing we closed the walleye hotel for the season. We will be pestering the little fish (crappies,gills) on the inland lakes. Now I just have to figure out how to get my recliner in the portable :laugh:

Offline ZeeUP

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2009, 12:15 PM »
Nothing is like ice fishing, it is a sad day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.