Author Topic: Delta mar 20th  (Read 1555 times)

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Delta mar 20th
« on: Mar 20, 2005, 08:32 PM »
It was a beautiful day out on lake manitoba stupid me forgot sunscreen and now I'm paying for it............. :%$#!: (actual picture) My step dad and I got out at about 9 and tried 4 spots with little success then my step-dad says look there's a guy walking outi grab the binos and sure enough it's my bud Grump 8) so I hop on the sled and go and give him a lift to where we were set up a short while after we get there pop a hole for Grump and he starts nailing them our holes are slow and mostly tullibee my step-dad says it's time to move try and convince Grump to come with us but he wanted to stay at that spot so we set off on a way longer venture out west then we expected to have to go to find fish it was past noon and a 20 minute sled ride away before we came across a couple of  Rob's buddies and they are on em we set up and nail em for a while caught a nice burbot each mine was 6.4 and rob's was 7.2 lbs I unload the sled and race back to get Grump man we were far took me forever to find him by that time he was almost ready to go but not without his nice pile of perch sorry I didn't come back faster i didn't think we were gone that long I feel bad bud :( so i stop for a smoke and say good bye as I had a pail to finish filling back at the other spot .So I race waaaaaaaaaay back to the spot and see my step-dad had another 6.6lb burbot on the ice. We fished for a while longer and ended up with close to 300 perch and 3 burbot and a dozen or so tullibee let alot of small perch go too and a lot of tullibee.Hopefully I'll get out once more before the end of the month if not it would be a great way to end off a great icefishing season 8)

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
Re: Delta mar 20th
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2005, 08:36 PM »
Trophyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyy :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:  you are the perch master. Great job buddy. Now you must have a few hundred lbs of fillets eh  ;) ;) ;) Nice to see that the perch bite is still on.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2005, 08:45 PM »
Bw actually I have given most of my fillets to my gf's grandparents a few freinds and my Daughter and i eat perch like CRAZY ;D.Today was Tough!!!! We spent most of the day on the sled at least 25 min sled ride from the diversion :o Managed to salvage the day at the one spot though.My Face hurts!!!!!!! :-[

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2005, 08:47 PM »
Tell me about it buddy. Imagine a week of fishing with no sun tan lotion. I look like a tomato. ;D ;D
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2005, 06:13 PM »
Nice.  Did you happen to see / hear if there was any action closer to the diversion (i.e. walking distance)?  We might try to get out there this weekend again, but have no motorized transportation.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

grumpymoe

« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2005, 06:23 PM »
Thriller.....no transportation????...start out with the calving sled.....nice rope....load er up full....and start

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2005, 08:16 PM »
 :clap: :clap: ;D  No motorized transportation as in on ice...the kids aren't big enough to pull me yet  ;)  Hoofing it would seem to be the way to go for me out there...sigh.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.