Author Topic: Rumming and Gunning!!!  (Read 2916 times)

grumpymoe

Rumming and Gunning!!!
« on: Mar 18, 2005, 04:05 PM »
Out to Lake Dauphin with BigWalleye and LittleReel hopefully for some walleye action....head out to last weekends hotspot found by Rockbottom, Trophyhunter, Perchpounder and gang....well.....its not so isolated now... ::) ::)                                                                                                                                                                                                         the guys punch a bunch of holes near the pressure ridge.....large slabs of patio ice makes you think about the forces of nature....                                                                                                                                                                                                               its not that long before I get a nice hit....and reel up a beauty walleye....its too cold to wait for a pic and release.....just over 20"....its back down for another day....then....another hit....this time a nice keeper northern......things quiet down and I talk about moving....BigWalleye gets a hit....and pulls up a nice keeper.....followed by a northern....                                                                                                                                                                                                            and this sweet shiny tulibee for a quick pic and release..                                                                                                                                                                                                                LittleReels early morning bloodshot eyes must be handicapping his fishing ability today.....it would be a long while before he hooks something....a nice northern!!!!      things quiet again....BigWalleye has a deadstick about 20 feet from his home base.. :roflmao: :roflmao:                                                                                                                                                                                         after at least one hour of nothing from the other deadsticked hole....the rod bends threatening to take his beloved square pail down the round hole....man he dropped his rod so fast and hooked his leg into the mono and as he neared his bent rod, the jig hooked his pants....but not before he dropped this on the run... :whistle: :whistle:...is this what you call running and gunning.....or rumming and gunning ;D ;D ;D                                                                                                                                                                                                     hoists up this keeper walleye for the pan.....                                                                                                                                                                                                                  the northern bite was pretty decent today....donations from all for later....notice the lone silver pike at the bottom....every once in awhile you get one...                                                                                                                                                                                                                    cut the day short....its the annual Dauphin derby tomorrow...still undecided as i post as to whether i enter or not......fish on!!!!!.......Grump

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
Re: Rumming and Gunning!!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2005, 04:16 PM »
Congrats  ;D
Great pics Grump.
Boy you guys sure make Lake Dauphin look good to a guy like me who loves walleyes  :)
I've never been there  :'(
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline perch pounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Poundin' those little guys
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2005, 04:34 PM »
Now who would go out to Lake Dauphin and bring something like that :whistle: :whistle:  :unsure:

Glad to hear you had a great time out there .  :clap:
What am I doing sitting in front of this computer ..............
I should be out fishing

Dan Wiens

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2005, 05:04 PM »
Hey good job guys! Funny how when you nail em then go back awhile later and the whole village of followers are out there ::) ::) Good luck in the tourney tomorrow!!! :)

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2005, 06:47 PM »
Hey now I know where my lemonade flask went. :unsure: :unsure: :whistle: :whistle:  Well today was fun. I love driving on lakes with my 4x4. Yes the fishing was not great but hell we had fun and we still caught a few fish with a couple of really nice eater walleye along with the pike. Hey word of advice for everyone. When you think a northern has spit your hook think again. I had one nearly pull the rod right out of my hands. ;D ;D ;D  Also when you go to run to your deadstick please remember where your other line is. Nearly took out the boys on that one. :-[ :-[ ::) ::) Anyway time to get prepared for the derby tommorrow. Shall be up really early to attempt a run at the farthest hole.  Goodluck to anyone that is going to the dauphin Derby!!!
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2005, 07:34 PM »
Good pic.s Grump. It sure must be fun getting pike like that.
     Jim

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2005, 08:04 PM »
Good luck to the all of you guys hope you catch some big walleye and pike.Wait I know you guys will catch some big walleye because you guys are good. :bow: :bow: :bow:
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2005, 08:19 PM »
Yellowtail bless you my fireiend. I am just hoping that the Nessie that i kissed on lake manitoba tells her Dauphin cousins that Big walleye has a smooch waiting for them also. ;D ;D ;D
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2005, 08:57 PM »
Hey BW, with all that fish smooching going on......what does your wife think of your fish breath  >:D :clap: :roflmao: :thumbsup: :whistle:
Just kidding.........whatev er works big guy.........give em hell   >:D tomorrrow  ;)2 :angel

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 18, 2005, 09:32 PM »
OK, so now we really know why BW has been working out  :D

Sounds like a fun day.  Tonight I cooked up the batch of walleye from last Saturday...milk dipped, then Fish Crisp...nice and mild and tasty.  The kids surprised themselves by really liking it...I'm still stuffed.

Good luck tomorrow.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline tk10fire

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm baaaack let the fishing begin
« Reply #10 on: Mar 19, 2005, 12:27 AM »
Thanks alot Thriller I was doing fine here and then you had to go and post that and now I'm drooling all over my keyboard.

Way to go Grump BW and LR. Good luck on the tourney tommorow BW and LR. ;D :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :flex:
Tim

Rock Bottom

« Reply #11 on: Mar 19, 2005, 06:10 AM »
It sounds like another decent day at the ochre, those other shacks sure look like there close to mine :-\ I wish they would pass a law on how close shacks can be together. I see you have adopted the bleeding out technique, I think you will really like that due to the fact your fillets are much cleaner....Rod

Offline tk10fire

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm baaaack let the fishing begin
« Reply #12 on: Mar 19, 2005, 10:42 AM »
I see you have adopted the bleeding out technique, I think you will really like that due to the fact your fillets are much cleaner....Rod
??? ??? How would one do this. Looks like you just give em cut right behind the head?  ???
Tim

Offline Ashnohgrimbatul

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 19, 2005, 07:53 PM »
Nice pics, looks like it was a fun trip. :)

I see you have adopted the bleeding out technique, I think you will really like that due to the fact your fillets are much cleaner....Rod

A good idea for pike, as the blood can taste a little strong.....but for walleye I find that an un-bled fish tastes better.
Let there be ice.

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 19, 2005, 09:39 PM »
Thanks alot Thriller I was doing fine here and then you had to go and post that and now I'm drooling all over my keyboard.

So you are saying that I should have posted a photo of the frying pan and us eating like Grump does with Big Pelican  ::) ;D  I'll have to remember that.  Actually, that was the first time in over a year that I ate fish that I caught (OK, were caught - I had only caught one keeper and Rock Bottom handed me a couple more to ensure we had a meal).

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.