Author Topic: pro cure  (Read 3434 times)

Offline hunter-of-lunkers

• Team IceShanty Regular
pro cure
« on: Jan 23, 2012, 12:14 PM »
Does anyone know where in the city I can get some of these ice gels?

Offline HighlandGlen Guide

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: pro cure
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2012, 12:17 PM »
Not in the city but sportsman's stop at corner of 59 and 44 highways sell it.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2012, 12:27 PM »
Hmm dont recal seing any buildings there, is it a gas station?

Offline jasond7mm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2012, 12:40 PM »
it's a gas station just east on 44, you can't miss it

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2012, 12:42 PM »
Sweet thanks, have you used the stuff? Is it worth the trip?

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2012, 01:14 PM »
ive tried it twice with no success earlier in the year and havent tried it again, its on the way if your headed to balsam, hes open at 6 on saturday, i think all week but not sure.
ive heard alot of guys talking about it and the success theyve had??

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2012, 01:35 PM »
Im glad I asked, I was about to buy it from there website and pay $25 shipping, but it might be cheaper that my HEMI

Offline Ac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2012, 03:39 PM »
ive tried it twice with no success earlier in the year and havent tried it again
Just sold a bottle of that junk for .50 cents today !!
Best deal I ever made !!!

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2012, 04:03 PM »
well glad I'm not the only one, I thought I was using it wrong! Lol

Offline Rod-holder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2012, 04:56 PM »
Think there was alot of hype about this stuff last year but really haven't heard anyone saying its secret killer! Just right place right time for them eyes!

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2012, 05:43 PM »

Thanks for the great deal AC! That stuff's great for keep skunks out of the garage ;D

FF
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline AT3NCION

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2012, 08:51 PM »
Sort of surprised by this thread actually. I can't defend the stuff as I've never used it but many people on Iceshanty have said how great they think it is :S That being said, I've never had too much success with any form of synthetic bait or attractant.

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #12 on: Jan 23, 2012, 09:45 PM »
I bought AC's bottle of PROCURE for 50 cents today after he paid $8 for it. Deal of the Century I thought   ;D  He was so disgusted with PROCURE, he tossed the two hard earned quarters down my 2 ice holes  ::) :P 
I tried it on one lure.......kinda left a oily brown scum at the top of my ice hole. Never got a sniff on that lure again after that...... but I'm willing to give it 1 more try before I sell it for 25 cents  :) 
Blue Igloo   :tipup:

Offline quickstrike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 23, 2012, 09:55 PM »
I had inquired about this stuff at 2 of the stores in the city who shall remain nameless & my question was met with indifference like why would I bother with it.

Offline mikeypikey

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing
« Reply #14 on: Jan 23, 2012, 10:52 PM »
Thanks for the great deal AC! That stuff's great for keep skunks out of the garage ;D

FF
LOL
Where ever you go.. There you are!

Offline oldccm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 23, 2012, 10:57 PM »
Obviously any store that doesn't sell it won't endorse it. Craig Stapon talks about it quite a bit on his radio show. I believe its just another lure. Some days they want a jig and saltie, other days they want a buckshot. Same goes for Procure IMO. If you have room in the tackle box, why not bring it. If it does nothing for months then rotate it out for the next new thing. I'm hoping single hook with cigarette butt comes back, never get tired of the old timers saying that's how it used to be.... back in the old days!

Offline AT3NCION

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 23, 2012, 11:14 PM »
Haha gotta love old timers. One of the guys I fish with on a regular basis is over 80 and used to fish commercially. He has more master angler rewards than anyone else I have personally met. Every time he opens his tackle box or puts on a new lure I make sure to watch. He doesn't smoke though so this could be why I'm only now hearing about using a butt haha.

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 24, 2012, 04:39 AM »
I have been using procure the last 4 outings over the last 2 weeks, had the slowest day yesterday, between the two of us we landed 17 fish, now I am not saying for sure the procure is helping, but its not hurting.
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 24, 2012, 08:07 AM »
Obviously any store that doesn't sell it won't endorse it. Craig Stapon talks about it quite a bit on his radio show. I believe its just another lure. Some days they want a jig and saltie, other days they want a buckshot. Same goes for Procure IMO. If you have room in the tackle box, why not bring it. If it does nothing for months then rotate it out for the next new thing. I'm hoping single hook with cigarette butt comes back, never get tired of the old timers saying that's how it used to be.... back in the old days!
The good old days when it was tough just deciding what size hooks to use on a pickerel rig.   ::) ;D Later, it was all about changing out those cheap brass coloured hooks to some good Eagle Claw ones  :P
Life was simple then.........but we still caught fish  ;D
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 24, 2012, 09:25 AM »
I bought AC's bottle of PROCURE for 50 cents today after he paid $8 for it. Deal of the Century I thought   ;D  He was so disgusted with PROCURE, he tossed the two hard earned quarters down my 2 ice holes  ::) :P 
I tried it on one lure.......kinda left a oily brown scum at the top of my ice hole. Never got a sniff on that lure again after that...... but I'm willing to give it 1 more try before I sell it for 25 cents  :) 
Blue Igloo   :tipup:

Don't believe a word of this. Blue sold it to me for 75 cents. The guys running all the way to the bank now! As stated, I'm using it to keep the skunks out of my garage ;D

FF

Offline buckmrkguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 24, 2012, 01:03 PM »
I would stay away from the gel, go with the liquid. I use the predator sauce for everything from sturgeon and musky right down to perch and bluegill. Don't use it, makes it better for those that do !

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 24, 2012, 01:31 PM »
I would stay away from the gel, go with the liquid. I use the predator sauce for everything from sturgeon and musky right down to perch and bluegill. Don't use it, makes it better for those that do !

On a more serious note and back to the OP, some "pros" use the stuff too. Can tell because the snow around old holes gets stained with it from dripping it onto baits. :)

FF

Offline river-shanty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 24, 2012, 02:33 PM »
what are ice gels? and what are they for? ::)
Bryan

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 24, 2012, 04:24 PM »
Don't believe a word of this. Blue sold it to me for 75 cents. The guys running all the way to the bank now! As stated, I'm using it to keep the skunks out of my garage ;D

FF
Now how do I get those 2 quarters back from the bottom of LK WPG  ???  :whistle: :wacko: :woot:
AC dropped them into the holes just like someone feeding bus fare on Transit Tom's bus  :roflmao:

Offline buckmrkguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 24, 2012, 05:01 PM »
 :o
On a more serious note and back to the OP, some "pros" use the stuff too. Can tell because the snow around old holes gets stained with it from dripping it onto baits. :)

FF

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Jan 24, 2012, 06:19 PM »
Now how do I get those 2 quarters back from the bottom of LK WPG  ???  :whistle: :wacko: :woot:
AC dropped them into the holes just like someone feeding bus fare on Transit Tom's bus  :roflmao:

AC's got to learn to separate work from play ;D Maybe more time off from work would do him some good :-\

FF

Offline 793bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • grow stupid grow
« Reply #26 on: Jan 24, 2012, 07:29 PM »
when is craig stapon's radio show on.

Offline oldccm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 24, 2012, 11:42 PM »
Its on Wednesday at 7 (I think), might be 8. Either way if you go to CJOB.com and look for Podcasts (bottom left column) you can download the shows without commercials.

Offline AT3NCION

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 25, 2012, 07:25 AM »
AC's got to learn to separate work from play ;D Maybe more time off from work would do him some good :-\

FF

There are some days where if I didn't separate Icechanty from work I most likely wouldn't make it through the day  @)

Offline manitobawalleye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 26, 2012, 05:49 AM »
I have used Pro-Cure Predator liquid for years and have no complaints. I stay away from the gels.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.