Author Topic: snooze-fest on the Red today.  (Read 577 times)

Offline WEMS4350

• IceShanty Rookie
snooze-fest on the Red today.
« on: Dec 30, 2010, 01:48 PM »
We Headed out to the FBP this morning, had the holes drilled before the sun came up. 18-22'' of ice approx 50 yards from shore.   Tried workin' pimples, darters, and an array of jig colors on both a deadstick and Jigging.  We were there from 730 until 1100 with only one solid bite (on a dead stick of course...which just about ended up in the drink).  After 3 1/2 hours of battling a terrible wind we decided to head south to CIL for a bit.  As we pulled up at about 1130 we watched everyone packing up, but decided to try our luck anyway(had nowhere to go but up?) Punched 4 quick holes in approx 20 inches of ice and had similar luck to the FBP.  SHUT OUT!!!!! Some of the boys that were packing up said they managed to snag 14 sauger early in the am on pink/white jigs.  Access to both spots is managable with a 4X4 but as always CIL is getting pretty rutted up already (but it didnt dicourage a mid 90's monte carlo that seemed to have little problem getting up and out.) As of noon there were no shack doors flapping in the wind so it appears that the break-ins were put on hold for at least one night.  >:(   Hoping to head out to the beach this weekend.  Good luck boys!

Offline eyedrinkrye

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: snooze-fest on the Red today.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2010, 02:07 PM »
Thanks for the report. Don't know why but I like reading posts like this just as much as I like reading the ones where guys limited out or caught the monster. Lots of detail and honest. Thanks.

RIDGE RUNNERS RULE!!!

Offline 30-30

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: snooze-fest on the Red today.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2010, 03:04 PM »
Thanks man.  Excellent report......better luck to you next time!!!!!  I have noticed, that when the fish don't bite, you don't catch them.

That is fishing.  Always more slow days than there are good days.

Big Weather changes, in my experience will slow the fishing.  Stable pressure over a few days seems to help.
Good Luck and Good Fishing to You!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.