Author Topic: Stay Off The Lake at balsam bay 1 foot of water very dangerious!  (Read 4424 times)

Offline HighlandGlen Guide

• Team IceShanty Addict
i saw you out there, you checked a group of guys close to me and went on your way, i dropped into that hole on the way in as well but luckily popped out, went around on way back and had no problem

Offline whitefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
i saw you out there, you checked a group of guys close to me and went on your way, i dropped into that hole on the way in as well but luckily popped out, went around on way back and had no problem

So can you still safely drive on from the harbour at Balsam with a truck?  Ice may still be okay on the lake, but if the access is screwed......

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Make sure you have enough truck if you plan to use one...not advised though! Watch for the hole at the Balsam access just before you climb up onto the ice...just about swallered up my Exploder this afternoon coming off at 2 PM :o. Access was fine at first light 8), can only imagine what it will be like tomorrow :-\. Use the boat ramp as well. Someone blocked off the mud bank with a cardboard box as it was said there is four foot deep hole there...didn't bother to carry out my own investigation though ;).

FF :)

He who hesitates is lost...

Offline whitefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Make sure you have enough truck if you plan to use one...not advised though! Watch for the hole at the Balsam access just before you climb up onto the ice...just about swallered up my Exploder this afternoon coming off at 2 PM :o. Access was fine at first light 8), can only imagine what it will be like tomorrow :-\. Use the boat ramp as well. Someone blocked off the mud bank with a cardboard box as it was said there is four foot deep hole there...didn't bother to carry out my own investigation though ;).

FF :)

Good to know..was going to use my 4x4 chevy, might just take the quad instead and play it safe.  Going to be cooler this weekend, so things might firm up, but I doubt enough.

Offline Fish Camp 24-7

• Team IceShanty Regular
So how was the fishing FC 24-7  ???
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Sorry BLUE, was posting on this thread only about access to and on the lake. I posted on anther one about the fishing. Started around 3 and only one bite till around 6. Then slammed three eaters and two jacks in a half hour. Dead again after that.
There was four of us fishing that day

Offline fireguy1

• IceShanty Rookie
Just came from Balsam Harbour 1:30 pm. Lots of water right in harbour and in front of boat ramp. It looks like walking, ATVs and snowmobiles are your best bet just to the north of the harbour across the swimming area. I don't think it worth trying to go through the water although there was one vehicle out but could have come from somewhere else. There was 8 trucks from Minnesota and 1 from Wisconsin parked on shore. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.