Author Topic: Guide Gear Size feedback  (Read 1338 times)

Offline ADKbound

• IceShanty Rookie
Guide Gear Size feedback
« on: Dec 03, 2010, 01:21 PM »
If anyone has pruchased the Sportman's Guide Ice Parka and Bibs can you offer some feedback on size. I want to place an order but want to make sure the size is right so I don't have to return them and pay return shipping. I'm 6' tall and weigh 230#. I'm a weightlifter so not a fat 230#. I'm pretty sure an XL Bib will be fine but I'm not sure about the Parka. I usually wear an XL in coats but depending on the item. At times I take a 2XL. Any feedback is appreciated.

Offline Blitz

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Guide Gear Size feedback
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2010, 03:45 PM »
I have the 2XL and the parka has a bit of extra space still for me at 6'6" 275lbs.

Offline David in Augusta

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2010, 03:47 PM »
I bought the set for my father this year and all i can say is that the 2xl parka is big as a friggin circus tent.  I also talked to them today as they sent me the wrong sized bibs twice now and they are sold out of the 2x stuff and the gal said they weren't back ordering. Hope this helps

David
"When we can no longer draw bows, when sinew has shrunk and bone gone brittle, we will hunt in our dreams because hunting is part of our souls..."

Offline ADKbound

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2010, 04:44 PM »
Blitz. Can I ask what size bibs you are wearing?

Offline Blitz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2010, 06:31 PM »
Wearing the 2XL bibs also. A little extra room in them. The length is just right also.

Offline ADKbound

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2010, 07:11 PM »
Just ordered. I bought their membership as well which gave me 20% off my order and free shipping.

Offline RangerTim

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Listen close you can hear them biting
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2010, 06:20 AM »
I just got my suit this week.

I am 5'9" and around 205lbs  with a 30 " inseam.  Fairly round about the mid section. The bibs fit nice but the jacket seems big.  I have not tried the jacket with all of my other outerwear on yet but it should be OK.  I kinda wish I would have gotten the Large jacket instead of the XL.  But the XL bibs fit good.

Offline war eagle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2010, 06:39 PM »
 I just got my Guide Gear bibs a couple of days ago...Loved them except that they were too small.I'm 6'0 260 42" waist about a 31' leg in Levi jeans.The bibs did'nt fit my gut,could barely zip the ,forget about layers,and the other thing is the way they fit on your "trunk" was getting a wedgie trying to pull the up and the bib part barely came up to the bottom of my tits! ;D It is/was my first pair of bibs so I don't know if this is how they are supposed to ride???I sent them back and ordered a set of Arctic Shield bibs in 2x.Got them today and the fit much better but the crotch thing seems to still be going on,must be me although it is 100% better.I loved the Guide Gear bibs,material seemed tougher ,but the Arctic Shields are 100% warmer.http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=743246 Hope this helps!

Offline Gillgrabber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2010, 02:35 PM »
I bought a set for my Son for Xmas in XL.  I did try it on when it came in.  I'm 5'10" & 230 lbs and it fits me fine.
Proud NRA Life Member
Nothing like spending time in the outdoors with Family & Friends.

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
« Reply #9 on: Dec 12, 2010, 02:38 PM »
I bought Lrg. Bibs and XL Parka and have enough room for layering for sure. I'm 5' 11" 205 lbs. Can't wait to try them out

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.