Author Topic: Strikemaster Magnum III - leaking fuel tank permanent fix  (Read 672 times)

Offline twd000

• IceShanty Rookie
I have a Strikemaster Magnum III with a leaky fuel tank.  There is no rubber grommet between the fuel line and plastic tank, as far as I can tell you're just supposed to jam the barb on the filter through the hole in the tank and cross your fingers that it seals.  This seems like a chintzy design, as there is  poor angle to push the filter filter from above, and if I pull the tygon fuel line from below, it just stretches out the line without pulling the filter barb through.

I would like to solve this design problem once and for all.  Can I install some sort of "universal" rubber grommet that can accept 3/16" tygon tubing to seal the tank?  Is this something a local hardware store would carry? There is no priming bulb, so it would have to be a single-inlet grommet, not a double.
It seems like I could drill out a larger hole in the plastic tank to accept the rubber grommet, and push the fuel line through to mate with the filter the same way my string trimmer is designed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.