Author Topic: clam plate question  (Read 1094 times)

Offline oleike

• Team IceShanty Regular
clam plate question
« on: Jan 12, 2018, 08:58 PM »
i put together a clam plate for my uncle and cant understand why the output shaft is 3/4 inch when most auger flytings are 1 inch?

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: clam plate question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2018, 09:04 PM »
They are made to drive hand augers.  Most of which are 11/16" or something in that ballpark. 
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2018, 09:56 PM »
the Clam plate uses hand augers which are 3/4 diameter shafts and power auger shafts are 7/8 inch. use only a hand auger or a kdrill on the Clam plates.

Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2018, 09:57 PM »
Yeah, can't attach it to a power auger

Offline Lsranger406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2018, 12:53 AM »
Kdrill needs an adapter to work with the clam plate.
America is all about speed hot,nasty,bad a** speed

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2018, 04:51 AM »
the Clam plate uses hand augers which are 3/4 diameter shafts and power auger shafts are 7/8 inch. use only a hand auger or a kdrill on the Clam plates.

Don't know about Clam but all Strikemaster & Mora hand augers have a 18mm (.709)" auger shaft not 3/4" (.750").....
Leave Some For Seed

Offline motocross269

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2018, 07:33 AM »

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2018, 05:39 PM »
Clam does make one..https://www.thornebros.com/products/k-drill-clam-drill-plate-adapter
That K drill adaptor also works with a LazerMag power flighting unit (the one with the ripper teeth). Just put one together. You can buy direct from Clam but they're kinda pokey on shipping.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2018, 07:49 PM »
That K drill adaptor also works with a LazerMag power flighting unit (the one with the ripper teeth). Just put one together. You can buy direct from Clam but they're kinda pokey on shipping.

just a FYI our shipping department is about 7 to 9 days behind do to trying to catch up from being off for the holidays and the fact that it is peak season right now. it will slowly get better. also if a person is close enough they can place their order for customer pick up right at Clam and then come to will call to get it. we are about 3 day out in will call so a little faster then the shipping department right now. plus there is no charge for picking up at will call.

Offline oleike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2018, 09:59 PM »
just a FYI our shipping department is about 7 to 9 days behind do to trying to catch up from being off for the holidays and the fact that it is peak season right now. it will slowly get better. also if a person is close enough they can place their order for customer pick up right at Clam and then come to will call to get it. we are about 3 day out in will call so a little faster then the shipping department right now. plus there is no charge for picking up at will call.

so since your with clam maybe you can answer my question...will the  clam plate stub fit directly into a Mora Swede Bore?

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2018, 12:00 PM »
as for the swede bore as long as it is not a folding handle type auger it should fit  as long as the diameter of the shaft is the same as the regular mora hand augers.  I believe the shaft diameter is standard across all hand augers. now the only problem will be if it is a folding hand auger. I don't know of any adapters that will allow a folding handle auger to be used with the plate.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.