Author Topic: ice cleats  (Read 1329 times)

Offline JiggernautI87

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Be safe big water thin ice give no second chances
ice cleats
« on: Oct 16, 2020, 10:28 AM »
What are the best new ice cleats??? my old ones finally gave out....Thanx in advance...

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: ice cleats
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2020, 10:41 AM »
Comes up EVERY YEAR ...use the search function ..ton tons tons of threads on this topic

Good Luck with your search.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2020, 11:21 AM »
What were the old ones that wore out?

If you like slip on temporary protection, Amazon has a set for 9.99 that are micro spikes and chains complete with carry bag and toe strap so you don't lose them.

I tried many including the top rated by some users on this site and don't like any of them.

I do like kold kutter ice racing screws. They are always on so when removing snow im protected or doing work in the snow im covered. I fell one year on packed white ice and messed up my elbow.

So now I have three pairs of boots with them in. I use about 30 screws per boot.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2020, 01:45 PM »
I still have my old old old crampons...Grivels.  Like my newer cheaper purchase of Hillsound Trail crampons too.  Both the Pro and Ultra. 

There's serious sled pulling with pulling harness and all, and there's just walking on ice easy without slipping.

If anything new, all those manufactures need to come out with something that's for wide winter boots.  Then again, can't even drive with winter boots unless I like pressing both the gas and brake pedals at the same time.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline wesb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2020, 08:57 PM »
I'll be buying new cleats this year myself. My last pair I spent $80 on them and could run ship jump or whatever I wanted with no gear of slipping.

Offline IceSavage

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2020, 10:36 PM »
Katoola K10 crampons with the extended leaf spring fits my cabelas predator pac boots size 13  ;)
ICE FISHING..........  ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE.
CO Native. C&R Esox Lucius

Offline 7lazy77

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GO POKES!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2020, 04:52 PM »
I have the cheaper knock-offs of Yaktrak crampons called EnergeticSky that I got off of Amazon.  They were half the price & I have had them several years now with absolutely no problems.  They really grab the ice.

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 21, 2020, 05:49 PM »
Going on 4 years with my kahtoola knock off’s i believe they are energetic sky as well. Very happy with them.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2020, 07:26 AM »
I got these last year. Best I’ve used.
EnergeticSky Upgraded Version of Walk Traction Ice Cleat Spikes Crampons,True Stainless Steel Spikes and Durable Silicone,Boots for Hiking On Ice & Snow Ground,Mountian. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0784RQW5C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_PPxKFb9ZA9QQY
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline jimhaney08

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Oct 22, 2020, 08:45 AM »
I just bought the Energetic Sky ones this off season!  I'm pumped that you all have good things to say about them.  I'm impressed with their construction.  Can't wait to try them out!
My Setup:  Otter XL sled on a smitty.  10" Strikemaster Lithium 50 Volt auger.  Clam Bigfoot XL 2000 hub.  Garmin Striker 5 Ice Bundle.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #10 on: Oct 22, 2020, 09:42 AM »
 Vodche Crampons Ice Cleats Traction Snow Grips for Boots Shoes Anti-Slip 19 Spikes Stainless Steel Spikes Microspikes Safe Protect for Walking, Jogging, Climbing and Hiking
$9.99 carry bag and straps included.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XMBGZRS/

For those who like this style Microspikes. Best priced complete package.

Offline Peccavi18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Oct 22, 2020, 06:41 PM »
I have Hillsound cleats, have had them 3 or 4 years and no issues, only ever had one pop off maybe 5 times and usually it was when drilling then stood there checking the hole and it froze into the slush.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.