Author Topic: Clam 2000  (Read 1764 times)

Offline IRISH56

• Team IceShanty Regular
Clam 2000
« on: Dec 06, 2005, 12:38 PM »
Interested to hear what experiences anyone has had with this shanty?  Looking to buy my 1st - was considering a flip style 1 man but think I'll be better off w/ a 2 man shanty so as not too leave my buddies hanging.  Thanks.   DAN

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Clam 2000
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2005, 12:47 PM »
I would say go w/ the flip-over if you're a mobile angler, or the 2000 is a great bet if you're fishing by yourself most of the time and don't mind waiting the fish out.

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline NorthwoodsIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2005, 01:16 PM »
I have a clam 2000 and it is nice,  Kinda tight for two guys plus heater and gear.  If you can haul a two or three man flip over go for that, much more room and then you can just pick up and go find the fish.  I like the 2000 because it fits in my Saturn coupe, until i get a truck I will have the clam as my shanty.  No matter what you end up getting remember to get a little bigger than you need, space is never enough no matter how big the shack is.
Welcome to the Northwoods! Grab a Leinenkugel's!

Offline Fish-Doctor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2005, 07:42 PM »

I have the 2000.  Last year was the first with it and only used it a handfull of times.  With two people and gear it is "cozy" but it seemed to work well for me.  I used it more for a "warm up" place to jig for awhile but I am usually pretty mobile between several jigging holes and tipups outside the hut.  I ended up using a 20/25 gallon rubbermaid bin strapped to the top when pulling.  Bucket, poles, tipips, thermos and heater fit nicely in the bin.  When the hut is set up I kept the bin just outside the door and it was easy to reach out and get what was needed.
Fish-Doctor  -  Ken

Offline jepik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2005, 12:14 PM »
i just bought the clam 2000,with the new dome roof,it takes no time at all to set up, except for roof, the x poles almost seem to long....i think it will good one for one person, a lot of room,light,haul it in just about anything...i have a trap scout and 2 man older shanty,that i use when i take the truck....

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2005, 01:23 PM »
 I have one and i personaly love it. drill 2 holes put the aqua view in one hole fish outta the other, really isnt that hard to pull a couple feet here and there. A flip up would be better but i like mine
Jason

Offline IRISH56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2005, 06:39 PM »
Thanks to all who replied.  I think I've got "Santa" fairly well convinced  ;)  DAN

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2005, 01:49 PM »
To get a good idea of the size, here is a pic from a few years back............

Andrew

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.