Author Topic: New Shanty  (Read 2149 times)

Offline OGGYDOGGY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!!
New Shanty
« on: Nov 27, 2005, 01:34 PM »
I sold my shanty last summer that I had for 5 yrs. it had a wood stove and it was 5x8 . Oh it was heavy ,and my son is in NC now and I am going to build a new one . It will be 86.5"x 86.5"x 7' , I will be using light weight matierals , and a 20,000 btu wall heater, this will be my best one to date I have the plans all drawn up , it should be done by now but I had to repair the quad to plow snow 1st , so I used some of the stashed cash $$$ and the repair was not cheap .I will be starting it this coming weekend. I should have it done before shantyable ice . Any ideas for light weight matierials will be considered and appreciated. thanks GREG ???

Offline drillin n chillin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New Shanty
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2005, 01:53 PM »
Hey oggydoggy check out my ice hut pics it might give you some ideas. Look in shanty tips under First Hut Pics . Good luck with the new shanty ,keep us posted on your progress. DNC :)

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2005, 01:56 PM »
If you don't mind my asking, why have you chosen 7'-2-1/2" x 7'-2-1/2" as your dimensions?  Something to do with highway travel restrictions or something?  Just curious....

Trevor

Offline OGGYDOGGY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2005, 05:10 PM »
If you don't mind my asking, why have you chosen 7'-2-1/2" x 7'-2-1/2" as your dimensions?  Something to do with highway travel restrictions or something?  Just curious....

Trevor
                   The dims. are because where I work ,they have these strong plastic pallets that they use in the winter and they are always outside. They should be strong enough for a shanty , they ussually carry drums around on them. I plan to put 4 of them squared up and that is the dim. I want them cause they are lite and strong.Ill try to get some pics up as I build it.

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2005, 05:37 PM »
Cool, thanks ;D

Trevor

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2005, 09:32 PM »
This will be interesting to see as a finished product I think!  Please take pics throughout the construction process, although I'm quite sure you probably already plan on doing so!!!!

Good luck too!

-WF.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.